Round 2, Pick #41: DT Torell Troup - Central Florida

SDS

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Sounds like this was a guy who could have been there in the 3rd. He seems to have been rising in the last few weeks, though, so maybe the FO thought they couldn't take the chance to fill the big need at NT.

THANK. YOU. I don't know why people cant see this. Yeah, maybe he would have been there in the 3rd, but why risk it. Buddy wanted a NT and this was the guy he wanted.

I still say we trade back into the 2nd.

CBS Sports says:

Pass rush: Bull rusher who often pushes his man (or a double-team when fresh) to collapse the pocket using leverage. Able to rip off blocks, punch and swim over the top, or even get under the arm of guards to pressure the quarterback if he hangs onto the ball too long. Limited burst; will provide some heat but not many sacks. Sits on many obvious passing situations.

Run defense: Stands his ground against single and double blocks using his girth and strength, although he lacks the quickness to split the double. Can be violent with hands to free himself. Able to sift through trash inside to get to ballcarrier. Moves laterally while engaged to stay in the play. Needs improvement avoiding and recovering from cut blocks.

Explosion: Quick and powerful off the snap, penetrating easily against man-up blocks. Good balance after initial contact, keeping pads low and moving forward. Loses steam coming off the ball throughout the game.

Strength: Very strong player; prime nose tackle candidate. Uses a low center of gravity and thick upper body to gain leverage. Able to stack his man and disengage to chase the quarterback or wrap up ballcarriers.

Tackling: Has length and upper-body strength to bring down most any player in his immediate area. Willing to chase down players but lacks burst to track them down from behind without help or consistently make tackles outside the box. Doesn't change directions easily, and can be eluded in space. Must keep his feet moving instead of relying on his strength to make arm tackles.

Intangibles: Hard-working, unselfish leader with a quiet sensibility. Consistently gives good effort inside whether rushing the passer or stopping the run. No major character issues. Worked off 30 pound of weight during his career to gain stamina, although he still carries extra around his midsection.

Had to do a 'google' myself. This guy sounds like everything we need! I don't give a //// where some geek claims he should should be selected -this is the Regime's choice Defensive scheme. Switch to the 4-3 on passing, keeping him winded; of course, scatbacks can elude him -it's the cutbacks he's got to learn; don't need sacks from him. Everything else sounds perfect for the start of a long and hopefully wonderful career, keeping OL off the 'backers while making tackles.

Welcome to Buffalo, Torrell!

My very best wishes! :w00t:

NFL Network. I flipped over there when ESPN decided to disrespect us again.

We cover this so often it's ridiculous. ESPN and many reporters don't want to do the dirty work for their job. Bills sucking = easy story. They have a vested interest in propagating this because Bills fans go nuts and read/watch it then post it all over message boards. Then much like people do to the Raiders on here make fun of it boosting up ESPN even more.

Then fans on here complains about ESPN bais then bash the team based off opinion from ESPN and the cycle repeats. If Everyone on this board didn't watch/read ESPN then it would be amuch better informed board overall.

Big, thick, strong young man who is a run stuffer and the quintessential NT. Great pick.

Exactly, this is one of those "off the board" picks that surprises no one, he's a need, and all the experts saw him having hte potential to rise up the board based on his position's value to 3-4 teams

Some of you are a piece of work...

2nd round? 3rd round? You have no idea when he would have been taken. If the Bills took him in RD2 - who says 1 other team didn't also think highly of him?

It doesn't matter where you pick your guys as long as you get them. Clearly, they didn't want to risk losing him.

Obviously the Bills liked him enough to take him. But the Bills recent draft history speaks for itself.

We have no QB , no LT and no signings of any significance in off-season. Have ateam slaary that will be bottom 5. I wonder why? why did we not re-sign Pat Willims , Clements, leonard, Winfield, etc? yeah, it's not money...

I wasn't talking about failure to sign big-ticket free agents or re-sign players who have left in the past, and neither were you. You said that the Bills picked a player at #41 over a bigger "name" in order to save money. If you think that's how it works you have no understanding of rookie salaries whatsoever.

Oh come on guys

- How do we KNOW that Troupe was not high on other teams boards there was a run of DT's as soon as we made our pick....how do we know that other teams didn't like him as well

- So let me get this straight.....we couldn't stop the run last year we draft a player that we KNOW is a run plugger and legit NT to go with our new scheme....and people are bitching because he didn't fall on THEIR mock draft?

Troupe is the 1st and 2nd down NT. Williams is the 3rd down guy. That sounds good to me--Williams is a playmaker but not good enough for a 3-4 NT.

2 2010 starters already picked. Looking for more.

Clausen may be there tomorrow.

I think Troup was a major need and I'm all for it.

But, even this very important selection is the insight to Bills fans that we're going with who we got @ QB, implying Chan will go forward with our trio.

Also an indictment on Clausen and McCoy.

Quoted for dexterity. I am so glad this group of deep thinkers do not work for the Bills. Perhaps try to know a little of what you're talking about before you just start immediately bashing. Dumbasses.

Maybe I over reacted. Troup can play OL and block for our number one pick right?

Oh he can't...well at least we have a great OL already and there were no decent OT values with higher grades from all the analysts left on the board.

People also complained quickly about Whitner, Maybin, and McCargo. Bad picks are easy to spot...good ones are a little more subtle.