Draft Update

I really worry about NGU broadcasting such information out on the web, where anyone, from a draft strategist from another team, to a reporter, can access it. Draft strategies are supposed to be the most closely guarded secrets of a team, because if you know how another team is going to draft, you know exactly when you would need to trade up to grab a player they had an intent on grabbing, wait to grab someone later, etc...

Post of the day, by far.... :rolleyes:

The mental image of 31 other teams scouring TSW for draft insights is really a hoot.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very appreciative of NeverGiveUp's posts, but what did he really reveal today? That the Bills aren't looking at taking Clausen. That is news, but how does that hurt the team's chances? The only way I can see it affecting anything for Buffalo is if they actually want Clausen, in which case having other teams thinking otherwise would be a positive for the Bills.

True, but as appreciative as I am of his information, I can't help but feel a little paranoid :rolleyes:. The thing I want most out of all of this is for the Bills to really succeed.

And to answer your question, the revelation that they prefer Williams or Okung over Bulaga for starters (not really groundbreaking, but still, information that COULD be used against the Bills, nonetheless). Say if Williams AND Bulaga are on the board at #8, and the Bills really want Williams, and don't want Bulaga. And for the sake of example, Dallas knows this, and really wants Williams as well, over Bulaga. They could trade with Oakland, knowing that after the Bills pick, Williams will no longer be there.

Just hypothetical, and a little far-fetched, but still, a possible outcome.

OT would still be the preference. Williams or Okung. Obviously pending availability. I don't believe there is another OT they would take that high. Spiller will defintely have a high first round grade and could be taken there. McClain is a real possibility. Dan Williams would be the dark horse candidate.

If any of the top few prospects slip for any reason that can change things. But I can't imagine someone like Berry sliding.

Barring a trade of some sort. No QB until at least the second round.

Don't panic. You are going to get a great player either way and will finally start loading up this team with legitimate NFL talent.

Now the local and national writers can change their draft precitions.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the warning that these guys are willing to take the best available player regardless of position.

The legend of NGU grows...just today we found out that he's actually in the Bills War Room and that he's smoke screening.

So lucky, we are to have him.

We did?

So Nevergiveup was pretty much on the money hinting at Spiller pick if the top tackles were gone?

Yep. The man's rep has just grown even bigger round these parts.

NGU...post any tips for Rd 2 after Rd 1 is over?

So Nevergiveup was pretty much on the money hinting at Spiller pick if the top tackles were gone?

Yep. Nailed it. I've got him batting 3-for-3 in my scorebook.