Draft Update

You are the man Nevergiveup...

you mentioned that if any of the "top prospects" slide, that could change things. Just curious as to whom the "top prospects" would be? I'd imagine:

Bradford

Suh

McCoy

Okung

Williams

Bulaga

Berry

Anyone I'm missing? Mostly just trying to determine if a guy like Derrick Morgan could be in play, as I've heard his name mentioned as a top-10 pick steadily over the past few months...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of Drafting McClain at #9...A LB with 4.75 Speed at #9 Overall? I don't know...I do know the Kid was a heck of a Player in that Defense...Now...Was that mainly because of the Defense or his skills as a LB? I'm not sure...I don't see where ILB is much of a Need on this Defense either...Poz, Mitchell, Davis and Nic Harris are all ILB's in a 3-4...One or two of them may be able to play outside in a pinch...But it's a bad fit...I think a true Pass Rushing OLB is a MUCH bigger Need...I just don't see McClain as the Pick at #9...

I've seen everything from a 4.59 up to a 4.69...regardless, I've read numerous times that Saban's never talked up a prospect with such high praise as he has McClain. That speaks volumes.

Thanks for the tidbit Nevergiveup. Regardless how the draft shapes up, it makes me feel good knowing that LT is their target. Beyond Williams and Okung, I don't think there are any LT's worth #9. I wonder how they view Saffold from Indiana (given his connection to our assistant OC)?

If they end up taking McClain they could move POZ or Mitchell outside. I am also starting to come around to Derrick Morgan and making him the other OLB.

OT would still be the preference. Williams or Okung. Obviously pending availability. I don't believe there is another OT they would take that high. Spiller will defintely have a high first round grade and could be taken there. McClain is a real possibility. Dan Williams would be the dark horse candidate.

If any of the top few prospects slip for any reason that can change things. But I can't imagine someone like Berry sliding.

Barring a trade of some sort. No QB until at least the second round.

Don't panic. You are going to get a great player either way and will finally start loading up this team with legitimate NFL talent.

Now the local and national writers can change their draft precitions.

I hope this helps.

I'm not saying the outcome will be bad in the long run necessarily...Who knows at this point?...I can't predict the future any better than Nix, Gailey, or TM...But if The Bills Draft Spiller at #9 prepare for the ridicule to begin cause they are going to get roasted by some of the critics...And rightfully so...

I'm not willing to give blanket doubt benifit to this new regime because Modrak is still involved and he has been involved for a whole mess of poor Draft Picks over the past few Years...And Drafting Spiller falls right in line with the blunders this Team has made lately...The same blunders that have kept them out of the Playoffs for 10 years straight...He's a situational HB...He's NOT AP!!! He's most definitely an electric Home Run threat but on a Team that can't Block at all, and can't stop the Run worth a lick, he's a WAY too expensive luxury Pick...It's like trying to shine up a turd...It may get shinier...But it's still a turd...

This is SUCH a deep Draft this year I'm not going to believe for one second that Spiller is SO much better than others in MUCH greater Need Positions...So unless The Bills unload Marshawn and get a decent Pick for him (at least a 3rd Round Pick), drafting Spiller right now for THIS Team is about as stupid as it gets...I hope to God Seattle saves The Bills from themselves on this one...Cause if it's Spiller there is no way for me to believe it's not going to be more of the same in Buffalo...And more of the same is crap Football for the most part... :D

I've seen everything from a 4.59 up to a 4.69...regardless, I've read numerous times that Saban's never talked up a prospect with such high praise as he has McClain. That speaks volumes.

I read the same about Saban's praise of Cody...Saban's a heck of a good College Coach, but it's one of His Kids so...

McClain ran a 4.74 and a 4.71 at his Pro Day according to Chris Brown...I'm pretty sure he gets his info from The Bills Staff...I'm not saying McClain is not a good Player...He is no question...But a ILB for a 3-4 D with 4.7 Speed at #9 Overall? When The Bills aleady have Poz and Mitchell? I don't get it...He better be Superman then...But Superman runs WAY faster than 4.7... :D

Good news. I would definitely love to see McClain or Williams come in. I mentioned it last night, but a McClain-Terrence Cody draft would actually make me feel VERY confident in our Defense.

and would probably make me turn my head when our offense is on the field. FIX THE OFFENSE, IT'S BEEN BROKEN FOR 10 YEARS!

I read the same about Saban's praise of Cody...Saban's a heck of a good College Coach, but it's one of His Kids so...

McClain ran a 4.74 and a 4.71 at his Pro Day according to Chris Brown...I'm pretty sure he gets his info from The Bills Staff...I'm not saying McClain is not a good Player...He is no question...But a ILB for a 3-4 D with 4.7 Speed at #9 Overall? When The Bills aleady have Poz and Mitchell? I don't get it...He better be Superman then...But Superman runs WAY faster than 4.7... :D

By the looks of it, Mitchell's gonna be playing OLB opposite Maybin, with Poz and Davis at ILB.

By the looks of it, Mitchell's gonna be playing OLB opposite Maybin, with Poz and Davis at ILB.

I understand that may be the plan, and I may be wrong...But I'll go on record saying Mitchell is not a 3-4 OLB...He's the type of guy that can fill in there in the pinch and nothing more...But I think he'd be pretty good inside in a 3-4...We'll see soon enough... :D

McClain ran a 4.74 and a 4.71 at his Pro Day according to Chris Brown...I'm pretty sure he gets his info from The Bills Staff...I'm not saying McClain is not a good Player...He is no question...But a ILB for a 3-4 D with 4.7 Speed at #9 Overall? When The Bills aleady have Poz and Mitchell? I don't get it...He better be Superman then...But Superman runs WAY faster than 4.7... :bag:

We'll continue this discussion IF we draft him. :D

and would probably make me turn my head when our offense is on the field. FIX THE OFFENSE, IT'S BEEN BROKEN FOR 10 YEARS!

Its a multi-year rebuild and our Defense has been just as bad. If they have the chance to completely fix the Defense this year (which I think adding McClain and Cody would accomplish) then I'd love to see them do it and focus on the Offense in 2011.

I think this may be true, but I think they are going to bring in another OLB (especially if schobol retires) to play on rushing plays. I think Maybin could be great at OLB on passing plays and rushing the passer, but I am not sure how good he would be as helping stop the run.

Campbell depends on the price. If you could get him for a 5th rounder, you have to at least think about it.

You have a point on that, but it must be cheap. I'd rather them trade for OL though and draft a QB.