First round predictions!

DarthICE

Brace yourself folks...Nix NEVER drafts O-Lineman (in round 1). He will either take Morgan, Spiller or Clausen. All his Tebow talk is misinformation. Kelly taking him out to dinner...misinformation. Either they really want Clausen or McCoy. I don't think they go OT until round 3-4. I would be ok with either Clausen or Morgan, Spiller if they trade Lynch. I wish they would go LT and have been saying that for 2 years, but Nix has NEVER drafted a LT in round 1.

No but the LT's he has drafted have done well so I am fine with a lower round pick. Now ESPN etal will fry him, but I say !@#$ ESPN.

A friend of mine told me this, and it makes sense to me so it is now my prediction <_<

Watch for us to trade back into the first to grab Tebow. Nix really likes him, but will not reach (i.e. use the 9th) Also SF wants Clausen. If he is available at the 9th watch for Buffalo to trade down and get SF’s 2 first round picks (15th and ?). Nix does not want Clausen. He thinks his hands are too small and he will struggle in cold temperatures.

I hope the Bills don't go LOT or QB in the top 10. There's just way too much money tied into those positions when they are selected that high. Especially when they have so much potential with their own young players in Demetrius Bell and Brian Brohm.

I hope the Bills trade down and take Terrence Cody late in the first round. Some might argue that he is a one trick pony but that is what we need in this system. We need a man mountain nose tackle thats not going to give any ground, and has the ability to dominate in the middle. Dan Williams isn't as good in short situations or against power running schemes. And the fact that he's a better pass rusher than Cody isn't a big deal in our 3-4.

Maybe the Bills could pick up a 2nd in the trade like they did when they nailed it with Nate Clements, Aaron Schobel, and Travis Henry. Maybe they could land CB Devin McCourty and ILB Sean Lee.

At the 9 spot:

I'll be happy with: Okung, T. Williams, Bulaga

I'll be neutral, but give Nix the benefit of the doubt: Clausen, McClain, Dan Williams

Unhappy with: Any DB, Dez Bryant, Derrick Morgan, Brandon Graham, Tim Tebow (I'd be neutral if he were taken in the 2nd)

I think Nix wants Bulaga, but we'll see if he's there.

P.S. I think Cody might help us more than Dan Williams :eek:

I predict someone will throw something at their tv. :D

LOL...agree but atleast nobody turns into an owl and go "WHO" like after the maybin pic last year..lol...

Ok my prediction..(AKA last push for the mike vick)

We draft dez bryant in the first trade our second to the ravens for OT gaither then trade our 3 plus whitner or 2011 2nd rd to Kansas City for there 2nd to draft tim tebow...trade our 5 for THE MIKE VICK...Then the rest of the picks are for defensive players..

NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL...

*hope my predictions dont start a riot*

Morgan made a lot more sense to me before they picked up Dwan Edwards. Morgan would be a perfect 3-4 DE. As a 3-4 OLB, he'd be yet another player we're trying to convert from DE to LB.

We've already got Edwards, Stroud, Spencer Johnson, and maybe Kyle Williams pencilled in as DE's in the new scheme - we need an NT.

Clausen seems OK, but this QB class is so weak compared to what is expected for next year, I'd hate to reach on one now. I'd be happier taking a flier on Tebow in the 2nd.

Trading down would be ideal if none of the right LT's or NT's are there. Problem there is, as always, you need a partner to make a trade.

Um NO.... Morgan (6-4 266) is the perfect 3-4 OLB in the mold of Shawne Merriman (6-3 270) or Terrell Suggs. 3-4 DE's are in the mold of Richard Seymour. Usually around 290-300.

LOL...agree but atleast nobody turns into an owl and go "WHO" like after the maybin pic last year..lol...

We draft dez bryant in the first trade our second to the ravens for OT gaither then trade our 3 plus whitner or 2011 2nd rd to Kansas City for there 2nd to draft tim tebow...trade our 5 for THE MIKE VICK...Then the rest of the picks are for defensive players..

While I dont agree with drafting a WR in round 1 I would not mind us trading for Gaither

I hope the Bills don't go LOT or QB in the top 10. There's just way too much money tied into those positions when they are selected that high. Especially when they have so much potential with their own young players in Demetrius Bell and Brian Brohm.

The only pontential Bell has is to get our quarterback killed. Until the Bills have a solid offensive line they will lose. This is a given, and there is not 1 credible OT on the roster.

Last season, we drafted 2 guards and while they have potential, they struggled, as rookies will do. If there is an OT good enough to step in and produce, the simply HAVE to draft him.

Will they? I seriously doubt it, and expect a quarterback or a gadget player. They lose games with poor lines but they sell tickets.

I can't gripe with Williams at all. The 3-4 MUST have a big NT or you don't even attempt to run the 3-4

unless they run 3-4 Over/1-gap deal like Dallas. think they can get away w/ that 1 more season better than 1 more season w/o QB or LT. in other words:

The offense MUST have a QB/LT or you don't even attempt to run the offense

my guess-

1- clausen

2- best OT left

or

1- best OT

2- Tebow

Um NO.... Morgan (6-4 266) is the perfect 3-4 OLB in the mold of Shawne Merriman (6-3 270) or Terrell Suggs. 3-4 DE's are in the mold of Richard Seymour. Usually around 290-300.

At one point I thought I read he was at 290.

At 6-4 290# he is the prototype 3-4 DE.

If he's really down to 266, he's more like the perfect DE for our old scheme... :rolleyes:

At one point I thought I read he was at 290.

At 6-4 290# he is the prototype 3-4 DE.

If he's really down to 266, he's more like the perfect DE for our old scheme... :rolleyes:

And btw, I would not be happy at all if they used the 1st round pick on an OLB. Maybin projects well there. Poz could fit. Kelsay and Schobel don't have positions unless they are at OLB.

I'm not saying that Morgan might not be better than any of those guys at OLB, but I am saying I'd like to find out if it's even a position of need at all before we use the #9 pick in the draft on it, and leave a good OLT or NT on the board.

Last push for another punk on the roster? Pass. What are you going to do when the punk Thugshawn is gone off the roster come this weekend?

I predict someone will throw something at their tv. :rolleyes:

That was me last year when the Bills took Maybin instead of B. Orakapo DE !!! Can't afford to replace another big screen!!! :huh:

Cannot believe that the NFL Network's Mock picked Dez Bryant WR for the bills at #9 !!! I was reading in the Sporting

News that he has the biggest "BUST" potential of the entire class of draftee's.

My pick at #9 would be Jimmy Clausen QB with the hopes that they get back into the 1st round and select an OT as well..

But, I have a funny feeling that our mouth's mike hang open with disbelief!! This is our Bills and you know how it goes!!

I just don't want the Bills to take Anthony Davis OT at #9 as I've read too many negatives about his effort level and

practice habits. We don't need another Mike Williams!!

If its a Quarterback then I hope its a white guy...Any other position you have to draft black. Blacks are better athletes and they also have extra leg muscles which makes them faster and stronger. White guys have extra brain power which makes them smarter than the blacks.

The Bills need to focus on building the best, biggest, meanest O-line in the league...

"It doesn't matter what you run...whether you run it every snap, run the option, throw it - the most important position is offensive line. You can't do anything without a good offensive line, and the more that they handle, the more margin-of-error you have all the way around." - Mike Leach

That's why I predict that the Bills will take Bryan Bulaga, Left Tackle, Iowa.

Could be worse. They could take another defensive back.

You know - if they hadn't finally fired Jauron, we could not be sure they wouldn't have! :rolleyes:

Don't speak too soon....

I agree with Darth... OL or NT would be wise, but this team has holes at several positions...

Post 'em if you got 'em!

I am torn so I have two. A. we are gonna trade down and get more picks. When we do we address NT first.

Second option, if we stay at 9 it will be LT or NT. Who? Not sure who will be there.

A source deep within the Bills organization has informed other secret sources that the pick will be Derrick Morgan or Dan Williams.