First round predictions!

DarthICE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan.

Morgan made a lot more sense to me before they picked up Dwan Edwards. Morgan would be a perfect 3-4 DE. As a 3-4 OLB, he'd be yet another player we're trying to convert from DE to LB.

We've already got Edwards, Stroud, Spencer Johnson, and maybe Kyle Williams pencilled in as DE's in the new scheme - we need an NT.

Clausen seems OK, but this QB class is so weak compared to what is expected for next year, I'd hate to reach on one now. I'd be happier taking a flier on Tebow in the 2nd.

Trading down would be ideal if none of the right LT's or NT's are there. Problem there is, as always, you need a partner to make a trade.

Morgan made a lot more sense to me before they picked up Dwan Edwards. Morgan would be a perfect 3-4 DE. As a 3-4 OLB, he'd be yet another player we're trying to convert from DE to LB.

We've already got Edwards, Stroud, Spencer Johnson, and maybe Kyle Williams pencilled in as DE's in the new scheme - we need an NT.

Clausen seems OK, but this QB class is so weak compared to what is expected for next year, I'd hate to reach on one now. I'd be happier taking a flier on Tebow in the 2nd.

Trading down would be ideal if none of the right LT's or NT's are there. Problem there is, as always, you need a partner to make a trade.

Oh, I agree. I didn't say it would be a good pick. I think we'll hear the word "familiarity" a lot in the next week.

Could be worse. They could take another defensive back.

<_<

I really have no prediction. I really don't know who I want in the first. Assuming that LTs like Okung and T. Williams are gone, the guys that I wouldn't freak out about are Morgan, Bulaga, Davis, McClain and even Tebow (if Gailey/Nix think that he's no doubt going to be the Bills' future franchise QB then they should not fool around and pull the trigger on Tebow at #9). I don't like Clausen for the reason that I just don't think he'll make a great leader of an NFL team at the next level. I don't think his arm is all that great either.

For my part, I'm not really all that sold on any one pick at 9, either, 1billsfan. Looking to the past, however, I think Ralph will be pushing Nix to draft that first round QB, and as long as Nix and Modrak view Clausen as a legitimate first round QB prospect, I think he'll probably end up being the pick.

Alright, I'm down to Morgan or Williams...I say Nix trumps Gailey on this one and they go with Dan Williams.

I like your first 4 picks on your sig line. I admit I don't know much about the OT though so I need to go read on him <_<

I'm hoping The Bills Trade Down and pick up an extra 2nd Rounder...In a Trade Down I think Dan Williams, Jerry Hughes or Anthony Davis would be the eventual target...

If they stay at #9 I think it's Bulaga all the way...

I'm pretty much always wrong about The Bills 1st Pick (I think McKelvin and Mike Williams are the only Picks I've guessed right in the past decade) so you can safely cross Bulaga off your lists... <_<

The best OT available or Dan Williams of University of Tennessee. If you're going three four you need a stud nose tackle run stopper, and he's the guy. The team gets better, assuming we go 3-4, from day one with this pick. We still need to dress a lot of O-line problems with the rest of the draft.

What about Brandon Graham? I wouldn't be pissed at all if he was the pick.

Graham is good, but he is an undersized defensive end, and we have lots of those for the 3-4. We also have Maybin trying to make the move to OLB, which is probably what Graham would do. A run stopping nose tackle is the missing key to our 3-4 and we might as well get the guy who can plug it up from the get go.

Graham is good, but he is an undersized defensive end, and we have lots of those for the 3-4. We also have Maybin trying to make the move to OLB, which is probably what Graham would do. A run stopping nose tackle is the missing key to our 3-4 and we might as well get the guy who can plug it up from the get go.

+1

Post 'em if you got 'em!

I am torn so I have two. A. we are gonna trade down and get more picks. When we do we address NT first.

Second option, if we stay at 9 it will be LT or NT. Who? Not sure who will be there.

Brace yourself folks...Nix NEVER drafts O-Lineman (in round 1). He will either take Morgan, Spiller or Clausen. All his Tebow talk is misinformation. Kelly taking him out to dinner...misinformation. Either they really want Clausen or McCoy. I don't think they go OT until round 3-4. I would be ok with either Clausen or Morgan, Spiller if they trade Lynch. I wish they would go LT and have been saying that for 2 years, but Nix has NEVER drafted a LT in round 1.

The best OT available or Dan Williams of University of Tennessee. If you're going three four you need a stud nose tackle run stopper, and he's the guy. The team gets better, assuming we go 3-4, from day one with this pick. We still need to dress a lot of O-line problems with the rest of the draft.

Williams is good but has played mainly DT not NT. You can get Troupe in round 3-4 and be almost as good. Nix won't pull the trigger on LT that early. It will either be Morgan or Clausen, if he's there.