A Top Ten Pick Might Land Big Ben

Munch

Holy crap...the morality police are out in full force.....coincidentally, they are the same people complaining that OBD has done nothing this offseason.....

Get off your high horses. It's a football team, not a school or church group.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He could be a good problem to have. Hell we haven't had a QB half as good as Ben for 10 years.

And with the possiblity of getting after 4 games, not bad. Only have to hope and pray that we at least do well against the AFC East during that time.

Think the real point is there is a pattern and he does not seem to be learning anything. It's remarkable the extent to which folks looking for the quick, easy answer instead of giving the new guy a chance to build a team with his own brand of football. Why swipe up a legally troubled Big Ben, trade for McNabb, or take somebody elses cast off. We need to draft and develop a solid NFL quarterback and build solid lines, then we will have a team that is good for a while, and competative each year, like the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Packers, Colts, Eagles, Jets have done or seems to be doing.

Drew Bledsoe was our last quick wein. While it provided a temporary boost, it was not long before we were back at square 1.

I worried it will be Clausen. The Steelers are going to need new franchise QB. But will they really be willing to hand the reins over to a rookie? They've got Leftwhich now, and he could be their guy for the year, I guess.

They did a few years ago....

But, to put my two pennies into the topic... just the way he played down the stretch last season, I wouldn't want him. Throw in all the other things: having to give up a top-10, a HUUUUGE contract, and the legal/league problems and he is untouchable.

I would sell my soul to have a winning season, we could win one game with ben out for four weeks get him back 1-3 could be possible, and in the draft get an O-line, but then we need weapons for him.

Holy crap...the morality police are out in full force.....coincidentally, they are the same people complaining that OBD has done nothing this offseason.....

Get off your high horses. It's a football team, not a school or church group.

+1

I would buy another pair of season tickets if this deal was made. I honestly think there is no way Ben gets dealt -- but don't we have a connection to Pittsburgh via Whaley. If anyone knew how to work with the Steelers it is him!

Could always be a three way trade ala the Eric Dickerson trade in 1987.

You'd have the Steelers sending BR to say the Bills (hypothetically) for either the #9 or a second round in 2010 and second round in 2011.

The Bills in turn, trade BR to another team for a slew of picks.

This is all a ruse. The Steelers are doing a great job of doing everything they can to scare the bejesus out of Big Ben, in the hopes that he undergoes a personality transplant. Threatening to trade him to the Bills, Rams or Raiders (to the point where one or more of those teams might take the offer seriously) is a genius move on the Steelers' part, but it's all part of the trick. He isn't going anywhere.