FYI to my friends on TSW, my Dad died yesterday

The Dean

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it heartening that he "chose" to die in his own bed rather than in the hospital connected to all kinds of tubes and surrounded by strangers. This old stubborn Italian man wanted to leave this world with his dignity intact. Good for him! And good for him that you were there at the end.

Letting go will be much harder for you than it was for him. But perhaps you can find strength from all the prayers that are being sent your way.

Diane

Sorry to hear about your loss. No matter what age and circumstances, it hurts real bad when somebody goes........But here's to a good and long life and a quick and relatively painless passing. RIP

I find it interesting that your dad waiting till you left the room before he passed away. My mother who died of Breast cancer did the same thing. Anyway, my condolonces. 86 years is a long time to live for a man and we all know that cannot go forever but it never takes the sadness away.

My sincere condolences, Dean. I wish you peace, serenity and cherished memories of your Dad. That's what I have for my father, the consummate Bills fan, Buffalo Fire Fighter and one of the few people in this world I aspire to be like.