NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

I don't watch hockey anymore & I don't know if anyone mentioned this already...

but I saw some of the last Chicago game and I have to give the Black Hawks props for the music they play after they score a goal. If I was the other team or the other team's fans, I would really be pissed to hear that. :D:thumbsup:

:w00t:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:w00t:

I figured I better find it and post it here since we won't be hearing much of it over the next week or two :thumbsup:

That's it. :D

You better hope not, Philly fans will be none too pleased. :wallbash:

That's it. :thumbsup:

You better hope not, Philly fans will be none too pleased. :w00t:

I was thinking the same thing....imagine how peeved off you are when you're the opposing team and you're hearing 21k singing "Dooo doo doo!"

Well, I've had to listen to that fukkin song twice so far, but we're still winning!!!!

My boys came to play, but so did the 'hawks...

go FLYERS!!!!!

lol, those hawks are damn good....but we almost stole one! All we gotta do is take one of your home games from you and then get the job done on our home ice and Chi-town is DONE!!!!

:wallbash:

lol, those hawks are damn good....but we almost stole one! All we gotta do is take one of your home games from you and then get the job done on our home ice and Chi-town is DONE!!!!

:wallbash:

Good luck! Who knows how this will play out. I wasn't really shocked to see the score what it was... It is just what I expected!

Good luck! Who knows how this will play out. I wasn't really shocked to see the score what it was... It is just what I expected!

If you would have told me that we were gonna put 5 pucks in the net, I'd have guaranteed victory. I'm surprised you guys put up a six spot, but that won't happen again. We gave up a bunch of goals to Les Canadiens in one of the games, too....no worries. I think Monday will be a lower scoring affair, with the Flyers coming away with the win 3-2 :)

If you would have told me that we were gonna put 5 pucks in the net, I'd have guaranteed victory. I'm surprised you guys put up a six spot, but that won't happen again. We gave up a bunch of goals to Les Canadiens in one of the games, too....no worries. I think Monday will be a lower scoring affair, with the Flyers coming away with the win 3-2 :)

Who starts? Leighton or Boucher?

I'm thinking that's the worst you'll see of Niemi this series.

Who starts? Leighton or Boucher?

I'm thinking that's the worst you'll see of Niemi this series.

I'm actually a Boucher fan....I was in Philly when he came up through the Phantoms and then onto the Flyers. But in this case they'd be stupid to not go back to Leighton. The guy is one of the main reasons why they are where they are and he deserves the start. A couple of those goals weren't Leighton's fault at all...we made a couple boneheaded turnovers, particularly the one where we gave up a short handed goal...that's inexcusable in the finals of the Stanley Cup.

I didn't know a thing about Niemi before tonight's game, but that guy had some clutch saves in the 3rd. Briere launched a ROCKET about half way through the period, and Niemi's vision was partially blocked by another Flyer. The guy's response time was stunning and he made a clutch glove save....that baby was headed for net, too.

I'm actually a Boucher fan....I was in Philly when he came up through the Phantoms and then onto the Flyers. But in this case they'd be stupid to not go back to Leighton. The guy is one of the main reasons why they are where they are and he deserves the start. A couple of those goals weren't Leighton's fault at all...we made a couple boneheaded turnovers, particularly the one where we gave up a short handed goal...that's inexcusable in the finals of the Stanley Cup.

I didn't know a thing about Niemi before tonight's game, but that guy had some clutch saves in the 3rd. Briere launched a ROCKET about half way through the period, and Niemi's vision was partially blocked by another Flyer. The guy's response time was stunning and he made a clutch glove save....that baby was headed for net, too.

Niemi is a great story on the importance of pro scouting....dude was the BACK-UP on a 2nd tier Finnish League team. One of their European scouts were watching him in practice and he saw something that obviously his own coaches didn't see. Signs him to a league-minimum contract and the rest is possibly history in the making.

I agree though you have to go back to Leighton. He was nervous but so was Niemi and justifiably so, it was their first taste of the biggest game they'll ever play. Nerves had to be a factor. Now that the crappy game is out of their system and both teams should buckle down defensively, you'll see a different series going forward.

What I find hilarious is how Bettman lucked out with Game 1. First US nationally-televised game on NBC in primetime in years and casual fans are treated to a goal fest. Let's see how Gary manages to screw up the renewed interest in hockey in the USA shall we?

Niemi is a great story on the importance of pro scouting....dude was the BACK-UP on a 2nd tier Finnish League team. One of their European scouts were watching him in practice and he saw something that obviously his own coaches didn't see. Signs him to a league-minimum contract and the rest is possibly history in the making.

I agree though you have to go back to Leighton. He was nervous but so was Niemi and justifiably so, it was their first taste of the biggest game they'll ever play. Nerves had to be a factor. Now that the crappy game is out of their system and both teams should buckle down defensively, you'll see a different series going forward.

What I find hilarious is how Bettman lucked out with Game 1. First US nationally-televised game on NBC in primetime in years and casual fans are treated to a goal fest. Let's see how Gary manages to screw up the renewed interest in hockey in the USA shall we?

Wow, that's really cool about Niemi...he's come a long way, and he's about to become a runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals...very impressive!

You know, I honestly thought that of all the mainstream sports, hockey would EASILY benefit the most from the prevalence of HD television. I remember posting on here back in like 2006 (somewhere around there) about how STUNNING the HDNet broadcast of the NHL was. Now, granted, NBC doesn't use the same filming techniques that the HDNet people used, and I think that's a real shame because it brought the game to a more visceral level for the fan....but it's so much easier to follow the game with the better definition and the wider screen. Now a guy like me probably IS a member of their target market. I'm a marginal hockey fan who is passionate about one team, I'm a huge sports fan, and I'm in the 18-46 y.o. demographic that they target. If they brought me back into the game like HDNet did, so that I was right there ON THE ICE with these guys, that would go a long way toward compelling me to watch more hockey. But these broadcasts I see on NBC and Versus or whatever have you out in the crowd and you're watching from a distance. It's a real shame, cause I firmly believe that HDNet was on to something.

The Flyers #1 asset is Lavio (coach)... As much as I hate saying that, he is a great coach! He needs to go Boucher ala the Gerber/Ward thing he did in 2006 against BFLO in the East Finals.

Lavio will be the difference maker for the Flyers if they are to win! The only way is to start to frustrate Chicago... And that will only happen if he goes to Boucher.

Sorry AJ... I am here to gloat... :rolleyes: Fall off the Flyers bandwagon yet? :P

I may be counting my chickens too early, we will see... But there is no way the Flyers (talentwise) even should be holding the Blackhawk's jock!

Everybody is worried in Chicago... I seem not to be... I hope the Flyers can make a series of it and it returns back to Chicago! It would be nice to see them win it on home ice... Again, I may be counting my chickens too early with your Flyers... They did bounce the B's with a backside sweep in that series.

The sad thing is it has got to be a bitter pill for Cubbie fans... Last 25 years, if the 'Hawks win, all other Chicago teams will have won it all... Times that by 4 for the poor Cubs... I don't feel so bad for the Bills and Sabres, they would have to go (about) another 60 years to duplicate that! That is eternity! Even if I am wrong... I will be long in my grave! Well, hopefully not!

:D

Sorry AJ... I am here to gloat... :D Fall off the Flyers bandwagon yet? :wallbash:

I may be counting my chickens too early, we will see... But there is no way the Flyers (talentwise) even should be holding the Blackhawk's jock!

Everybody is worried in Chicago... I seem not to be... I hope the Flyers can make a series of it and it returns back to Chicago! It would be nice to see them win it on home ice... Again, I may be counting my chickens too early with your Flyers... They did bounce the B's with a backside sweep in that series.

The sad thing is it has got to be a bitter pill for Cubbie fans... Last 25 years, if the 'Hawks win, all other Chicago teams will have won it all... Times that by 4 for the poor Cubs... I don't feel so bad for the Bills and Sabres, they would have to go (about) another 60 years to duplicate that! That is eternity! Even if I am wrong... I will be long in my grave! Well, hopefully not!

:P

lol, I never fall of the bandwagon! There was one reason and one reason only why you guys won the game today....Niemi. There is no way that guy is going to be able to keep holding up against the barrage of shots that we're taking....he's going to cave in soon....very soon!

I really hoped to win one of those two games, but that's okay...welcome to South Philly on Wednesday, baby...we'll get things done in our house and then take the next game in Chi-town. :rolleyes: