NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there ever was a game that I really would have preferred the Bruin announcers it was game 7. Would have been fun listening to their reaction as the Bruins gradually wilted. Congrats to the Flyers that was really something. Watched it last night on dvr when we got home from Mexico

We shouldn't even BE in the playoffs, let alone handing the Bruins one of their most heartbreaking collapses of all time...niiiiice :doh:

I keep watching that goal by Hartnell....the angle he had was SICK! Hairy bastard has some skills :flirt:

We shouldn't even BE in the playoffs, let alone handing the Bruins one of their most heartbreaking collapses of all time...niiiiice :doh:

I keep watching that goal by Hartnell....the angle he had was SICK! Hairy bastard has some skills :flirt:

I haven't watched that much of the Flyers but I am familiar with Hartnell from his Nashville days. He is a typical guy you need in your lineup. Beyond the skills you pointed out he will do what it takes to win. Including unsung stuff like take a big hit to make a pass to get it out of his own end. Stuff like that rarely gets noted but goes a long way towards winning games in the playoffs. I like Coburns coolness on D as well. Good luck against the Habs.

I haven't watched that much of the Flyers but I am familiar with Hartnell from his Nashville days. He is a typical guy you need in your lineup. Beyond the skills you pointed out he will do what it takes to win. Including unsung stuff like take a big hit to make a pass to get it out of his own end. Stuff like that rarely gets noted but goes a long way towards winning games in the playoffs. I like Coburns coolness on D as well. Good luck against the Habs.

He also has a great mullet and can bite people in the middle of scrums. :doh:

As a Pens fan, I wait for Pens/Flyers games to jeer Hartnell. He's enemy #1.

Two biggest sports mistakes in Buffalo history:

1) letting Bill Polian go

2) letting Danny Briere go.

The Sabres are just as bad as the Bills, IMO. What a curse it is to follow this town's teams.

Briere has been going apeshiit since 2nd period of the last Bruins game :w00t:

Les Canadiens has put up les GOOSE EGG over the course of the first four periods....muah ha ha!!

EDIT: Make that the first FIVE periods :lol:

Briere has been going apeshiit since 2nd period of the last Bruins game :thumbsup:

Les Canadiens has put up les GOOSE EGG over the course of the first four periods....muah ha ha!!

EDIT: Make that the first FIVE periods :devil:

Ouf, this could get ugly.

Ouf, this could get ugly.

I can't pretend to know a lot about les canadiens, but holy crap, back to back shut outs....I wasn't happy when Bouchet was injured, but this guy we have in net now isn't half bad. Might be a different story back in Montreal....we'll see!

I can't pretend to know a lot about les canadiens, but holy crap, back to back shut outs....I wasn't happy when Bouchet was injured, but this guy we have in net now isn't half bad. Might be a different story back in Montreal....we'll see!

It's strange. There's no buzz about this round. I think it's the weather. It's beautiful outside. Close to 30 degrees celcius.

Maybe the Habs feel like hitting the golf courses?

It's strange. There's no buzz about this round. I think it's the weather. It's beautiful outside. Close to 30 degrees celcius.

Maybe the Habs feel like hitting the golf courses?

Happy to oblige :thumbsup:

2006. 2007. There were more talented teams than CAR and ANA those years.

Right, but it's been back on track the last two. Kinda like the Steelers winning the SB as a wildcard, it happens once in a while, but for the most part, talented, well coached teams usually win.

Right, but it's been back on track the last two. Kinda like the Steelers winning the SB as a wildcard, it happens once in a while, but for the most part, talented, well coached teams usually win.

Sorta. Except in hockey it is a little more heavy on talent to win. Talent always rises to the top. IMO, hockey... Moreso than other games, coaching and motivation can overcome talent more. Baseball is next. There is a certain amount of luck to the game too. What gets me about playoff hockey is the coaching... Sometimes it appears coaches are too timid and don't open the throttle enough... That is what usually burns them.

NHL hockey if they want to play 5 on 5 really needs to make the ice surface bigger!