NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Great thing about hockey: I'm actually psyched for Game 7 between two teams I can't stand. But I hate the Flyers the most, so go Go Bruins!

Danny Briere says 'hi' :thumbsup:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thing about hockey: I'm actually psyched for Game 7 between two teams I can't stand. But I hate the Flyers the most, so go Go Bruins!

I'm not sure who I'd rather the Habs face. A team that will be super pumped up after coming back from 3-0, or a hated rival that will be on guard after giving up such a huge lead.

I hope they battle game 7 out for 20 OT periods. :thumbsup:

FLYERS BABY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

And the Braves just came back from 0-4 to win 6-4....what a night!

Seriously one of the greatest collapses in SPORTS history. This type of embarrassment is usually reserved for Buffalo fans or Ottawa fans. Thank the Big Guy above that for once, it wasn't us.

Seriously one of the greatest collapses in SPORTS history. This type of embarrassment is usually reserved for Buffalo fans or Ottawa fans. Thank the Big Guy above that for once, it wasn't us.

Blame this on my friend on Facebook who actually posted that "it sucked to be a Boston sports fan." He said that after the Sox lost a game to the Yankees. He completely ignores the fact that Boston teams have won 3 Super Bowls, 2 World Series and an NBA title in the last 10 years. 6 friggin' titles in ten years and he's whining!!

Well the gods of sport have punished all Boston fans for such douchebaggery by hanging the biggest collapse in sports history on the B's. Too bad that Boston fans just tune out the Bruins and switch to the Celtics and Sox. This monumental collapse will be forgotten in two days.

PTR

Blame this on my friend on Facebook who actually posted that "it sucked to be a Boston sports fan." He said that after the Sox lost a game to the Yankees. He completely ignores the fact that Boston teams have won 3 Super Bowls, 2 World Series and an NBA title in the last 10 years. 6 friggin' titles in ten years and he's whining!!

Yeah, but the Sox' and Pats' titles are tainted by cheating. So you've got that on him.

Yeah, but the Sox' and Pats' titles are tainted by cheating. So you've got that on him.

"Cheating?" What is this word? Boston sports fans do not know the meaning of it. Ever try to explain to a Boston fan that they cheated to win 5 of those titles?

PTR

The last time our respective teams faced, it did not end well for you :lol:

Buffon = Halak? :thumbsup:

Shiit man, this team has been so close to getting over the hump so many times, it's GOT to be the year for them. I know that I'm one of the few on this board who LOVE philly, but I can attest to the fact that the hockey fans of SE PA deserve a championship. They are passionate about the Flyers as much as we are about the Bills, which is why I got all caught up in the thing when I lived in Philly. I can't wait to get this series started!! I really thought we were done for after the Bruins put us in that hole. This team has HEART, baby!!

Awesome quote: Flyers coach Peter Laviolette added, "The game 7s are tough. There's a lot of pressure. It's a game that's made for men. And our guys proved to be men." :unsure:

I totally forgot that you guys were the 8th seed and we now get home ice advantage...welcome to south Philly, baby!!!!

Thank you Philadelphia Flyers!

Losing sucks. Losing to the Bruins even worse. A top seed losing to an eight hurts. A defending Coupe de Stanley champion losing to an eight is misery. But flopping a series and game after being up 3-0. Well, it couldn't happen to a nicer fan base.

I'm not a Philly fan at all. Philly and Boston come from the same basket. So Philly, you did what we needed you to do now let the Habs take over!

Actually, this could be a great series between the Habs and Flyers. A seven and an eight seed? Amazing! To watch without the stress is different now that the Sabres are on the links or whatever they are doing. The Sabres improved but too much improvement is needed on both offense and defense.

The Sharks are the only remaining team not to have won a Stanley. I would like to see the Sharks and Habs. I know some want to see Kane win one but not for Chicago.

I gag every time I see this gottdamn thread title

ooh ah Sabres bit the big one

I'd change it for you, but you probably wouldn't like my revision, either.

Spun, you will be awestruck when you climb the steps into the trophy room at the HHOF. Trust me on this. From the hushed, respectful tone of people's voices to the stained-glass dome, it truly feels like a sacred space.

For those who worship the game, it is.

I am renting a car and leaving very early in the morning of the 20th. I haven't been in Toronto in a while so I don't know what to expect. I scoped out a couple of parking garages in downtown. Approximately four million people live in the GTA. so I expect to throw some elbows.

I am psyched for the HHOF. I visited the remnants of the Montreal Forum a few years ago and that was still cool even though it is now a shopping mall.

I went the morning after the Bills-Dolphins game up there, on my way out of town. Parked in a surface lot down on Lakeshore (as I recall), just a couple minutes' walk from the Hall's Yonge/Front location. There's also a great pub called the Irish Embassy a block further up Yonge if you're interested.

(Aside: I had never driven in Toronto before, so I was a little apprehensive, but it wasn't all that bad downtown. Then again, I came in on Saturday and left early Monday afternoon, so I probably didn't see it in all its rush-hour glory.)

Getting inside the HOF is sort of odd -- the original front entrance on the corner is sealed off, and you actually have to go into the Galleria next door, down the escalator, then back to the right to find it. Knew Tim had been there a couple of times, so I compared notes with him afterward. We agreed on the 'sacred space' feeling in the Great Hall -- he also thought the book with all the HOFers' signatures, John Hancock-style, was cool -- and that using the old bank vault for the original Cup was a stroke of genius.

I was in luck when I went, because the main exhibit was dedicated to a Canadiens 100th-anniversary tribute. Amazing to see the memorabilia from the players I'd read about all these years -- Morenz, Vezina, Rocket and the rest, including my two favorites, Lafleur and Roy. (The flat blade on Richard's stick looks like it's about half the size of the ones they use now. How the heck did he ever score 50-in-50 with that thing?)

Obviously, I also spent some quality time in the mockup of the Forum dressing room, seeing what it must be like for the current Habs to walk into work every day with all those legends staring down at them. Pressure? Heh.

Planned on spending no more than two hours there, then driving all the way back to Pa. Quickly realized that was a mistake; think I stayed more like 3.5 or 4, and it was nearing sunset when I pulled into Amherst to camp out at my mom's place for the night. All in all, a good day.

If there ever was a game that I really would have preferred the Bruin announcers it was game 7. Would have been fun listening to their reaction as the Bruins gradually wilted. Congrats to the Flyers that was really something. Watched it last night on dvr when we got home from Mexico