NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they in Cubbie turf?... It won't rub off! Even when they spend a ton like the 'Hawks!

:cry:

:cry:

Wrigleyville (aka 10 bars a block for four blocks) has become the center of the Chicago sporting universe. No doubt every one of those bars was packed tonight, and they all just took to the street.

Just a perfect storm.

Besides, if Wrigley can't celebrate the Cubs (and it never will), they should have the next best thing.

Bulls suck, Bears suck, Hawks, awesome.

Well, I really thought the Flyers would hold ice once more and give themselves a punchers chance back in Chi-town, but just wasn't meant to be...that's okay...congrats to the 'hawks! Forty years is a long time to wait for another cup, so congrats to them and their fans, especially you Exiled! :cry:

Wrigleyville (aka 10 bars a block for four blocks) has become the center of the Chicago sporting universe. No doubt every one of those bars was packed tonight, and they all just took to the street.

Just a perfect storm.

Besides, if Wrigley can't celebrate the Cubs (and it never will), they should have the next best thing.

Bulls suck, Bears suck, Hawks, awesome.

I know... I know... Let the North Side yuppies party for something!

Oh... And the Bears were always the North Side football team (Cards were South Side and played at Soldier)... The Bears played more games at Wrigley than any other place... That will be changing in the coming years though.

I know... I know... Let the North Side yuppies party for something!

Oh... And the Bears were always the North Side football team (Cards were South Side and played at Soldier)... The Bears played more games at Wrigley than any other place... That will be changing in the coming years though.

Why you gotta hate? :cry:

Congrats to Chicago. Not a huge fan of either team, but it was an entertaining series (missed game 5 completely)...I guess it is cool that Kane got the game winner, and I was happy to see Dan Briere have a great playoff run...oh, what could have been... :cry:

Congrats to Chicago. Not a huge fan of either team, but it was an entertaining series (missed game 5 completely)...I guess it is cool that Kane got the game winner, and I was happy to see Dan Briere have a great playoff run...oh, what could have been... :cry:

What do you mean what couold have been? DB or PK? They (Sabres) would have sold the whole team to Chicago except for Miller to aquire PK... Which they would have a star, but not much more. And IMO, DB is vexing.

Did you catch the Hossa interview... Again, I am not hating... I just can't rally around such back stabbers. Maybe it is me, but I stil believe in a sense of honor. How awkward it seemed... Be basically implied that he now has team loyality... And they passed the Cup to him second! I almost puked.

Also... I am not sure who could have been better at getting the Conn Smythe... But Toews getting it was so uninspiring... I would have gave it to a say Duncan Keith or Niemi... Oh, well.

Does anybody think that the main reason hockey can't seem to get popular in the US is that the payoff is not very clear to see?............Here was the Stanley Cup winning goal and you don't really see it - only Kane knows it's in the net. Same thing with the Olympic Gold Medal game - Crosby's shot was so fast, you don't really see it - I watched it many times and still don't see the puck go between Miller's legs.

It's so exciting, esp. these OT games, and then boom, it's over, and you're not even sure what just happened.........You can clearly see Jordan's buzzer beater in '98, Dwight Clark's catch, Aaron Boone's home run, etc.

I was pretty much the only person who liked Fox's way that it tracked the puck about ten years ago, so maybe it's just me, but I feel like the payoff is just not as sweet as it is in other sports.

Does anybody think that the main reason hockey can't seem to get popular in the US is that the payoff is not very clear to see?............Here was the Stanley Cup winning goal and you don't really see it - only Kane knows it's in the net. Same thing with the Olympic Gold Medal game - Crosby's shot was so fast, you don't really see it - I watched it many times and still don't see the puck go between Miller's legs.

It's so exciting, esp. these OT games, and then boom, it's over, and you're not even sure what just happened.........You can clearly see Jordan's buzzer beater in '98, Dwight Clark's catch, Aaron Boone's home run, etc.

I was pretty much the only person who liked Fox's way that it tracked the puck about ten years ago, so maybe it's just me, but I feel like the payoff is just not as sweet as it is in other sports.

But that is the beauty of hockey and what makes it what it is. There is no sport where such speed and skill is required in a space so small. The quickness of the sport is amazing, IMO.

What do you mean what couold have been? DB or PK? They (Sabres) would have sold the whole team to Chicago except for Miller to aquire PK... Which they would have a star, but not much more. And IMO, DB is vexing.

Did you catch the Hossa interview... Again, I am not hating... I just can't rally around such back stabbers. Maybe it is me, but I stil believe in a sense of honor. How awkward it seemed... Be basically implied that he now has team loyality... And they passed the Cup to him second! I almost puked.

Also... I am not sure who could have been better at getting the Conn Smythe... But Toews getting it was so uninspiring... I would have gave it to a say Duncan Keith or Niemi... Oh, well.

Referring to Briere. I love watching him play, and I honestly think he might still be wearing a Sabres uniform, if not for the Sabres mis-placed loyalty to Drury, who, IMO, never wanted to stay in Buffalo. Briere may be "vexing" (not quite sure what that means), but he has shown to a very good, if not great, playoff performer over the years...just what the current cast of "two-pump chumps" currently wearing Sabres jerseys, lack.

Anyway, I think Briere is the only guy who could ever get me to pull for the Flyers. But, I am not heartbroken...would have liked to see a game 7...sad to see it end on such a crummy goal. But congrats to the Blackhawks.

The winning goal was a perfect ending for this series, IMO. Weak, soft goal, slipping between an unprepared goalies' pads. One could argue that nearly every goal scored in the series was 'soft'.

Neimi for Conn Smythe? Not the way I saw it. Goaltending was the weakest aspect of this years' champs.

Congrats, Brian Campbell!

Referring to Briere. I love watching him play, and I honestly think he might still be wearing a Sabres uniform, if not for the Sabres mis-placed loyalty to Drury, who, IMO, never wanted to stay in Buffalo. Briere may be "vexing" (not quite sure what that means), but he has shown to a very good, if not great, playoff performer over the years...just what the current cast of "two-pump chumps" currently wearing Sabres jerseys, lack.

Anyway, I think Briere is the only guy who could ever get me to pull for the Flyers. But, I am not heartbroken...would have liked to see a game 7...sad to see it end on such a crummy goal. But congrats to the Blackhawks.

Sabres management, like Bills management, is incompetent. They get rid of Briere, Drury and keep Vanek. That's all you need to know. Nothing better than seeing former Sabres lighting the lamps for other teams.

I couldn't stay awake for OT, but this was nice news to wake up to.

That is a good, young team they've got in Chicago. Congrats and thank you for shutting up the Philly fans!

Word. This place would have been obnoxious had the Flyers won last night.

Flyers fans at the end of the game were awesome IMO..the Lets Go Flyers chant when the team was standing there devastated was pretty cool.

I know I know...Philly fans are scum and are the only scum, its not like Buffalo fans get into fights with other teams fans and have arrests galore at football games :cry: :cry:

I always liked Briere too. Wasn't this board one of many that insisted Drury was so much better due to superior "clutchness"? All of those mouthbreathers have been awfully quiet lately.

Hate the Flyers with a passion though. Congrats to the Blackhawks.