NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyer fan = Persona non grata.

South Philly in *what* house? Not mine, for damned sure.

quit bein such a grumpy bastarge!!! Your HOME TEAM won tonight!!! Celebrate!!!! <_<

Hey, I am here to take my lumps! Good game by the team with inferior talent... Gritty win by the Flyers. I am still gonna talk smack, be damned with the Hockey Gods! Chicago was on what? An 8-9 game winning streak IN THE PLAYOFFS?... It was bound to end. At least this way they can polish the Cup on Chicago ice for a game 5 or 7! We will see? Will it be heart or talent this year?... Such is the game.

I will be on a little R&R for a while... But I wil lbe back to crow or take my lumps and eat those sour grapes... Anyway, I can't lose... I will either be happy the 'Hawks won it all... They do got the best talent on paper that money can buy... Or just prove to you guys that anybody can win in this game... Heck, they stick the Oilers in the dance and they may win it all!

Till I return all rested and rejuvenated! :lol::( It has been a slice!

Hang in there AJ... You guys got a chance... The crack has been opened... Just keep on showing the heart!!!

<_<

I remember....I can vouch for you AJ...

Besides, isn't Exiled In Illinois the one who used to carp on about how lousy a league the NHL is?

Oops, I can't go just yet without reading the prior posts. YES... It is very lousy. If the Flyers win this year... It will be the 3rd time in 5 years that the team with the best talent DID NOT win. Proves my point, anybody can win in this league if you give them hope and OT. <_<

Prove me wrong Blackhawks!

:lol:

Hey, I am here to take my lumps! Good game by the team with inferior talent... Gritty win by the Flyers. I am still gonna talk smack, be damned with the Hockey Gods! Chicago was on what? An 8-9 game winning streak IN THE PLAYOFFS?... It was bound to end. At least this way they can polish the Cup on Chicago ice for a game 5 or 7! We will see? Will it be heart or talent this year?... Such is the game.

I will be on a little R&R for a while... But I wil lbe back to crow or take my lumps and eat those sour grapes... Anyway, I can't lose... I will either be happy the 'Hawks won it all... They do got the best talent on paper that money can buy... Or just prove to you guys that anybody can win in this game... Heck, they stick the Oilers in the dance and they may win it all!

Till I return all rested and rejuvenated! :(:w00t: It has been a slice!

Hang in there AJ... You guys got a chance... The crack has been opened... Just keep on showing the heart!!!

:lol:

The only reason I'm convinced that we can take ONE game in Chi-town is because of all these 1 goal wins. We had to barrage the fuk out of Niemi to finally break him, and I'm not sure he'll stay broken for long. It's clear you guys have more talent, but u used the perfect word for the Flyers - gritty. It's like the iron-jawed puncher from Philly, Rocky Balboa, vs. the smooth, technically perfect Apollo Creed...they're gonna both go crashing to the canvas and we'll have to see who is left barely standing in the end! <_<

We GOTTA WIN the next one, or tonight's effort was all for nothing...then after that it's time for the upset in Chi-town, and after THAT it's time to lift the CUP in Jan Brady Town!!!!!

You know, no that I think about it, Ramius once told me that Laviolette is a tool. Really? Looks like a better coach than Ruff, if you ask me.

He's a better coach because he has a much better team??? Philly completely underachieved this year but has one of the best rosters in the NHL. If you honestly think the Sabres and Flyers have teh same talent level, you are clueless.

He's a better coach because he has a much better team??? Philly completely underachieved this year but has one of the best rosters in the NHL. If you honestly think the Sabres and Flyers have teh same talent level, you are clueless.

So what was Ruff's excuse when his roster of some of the best talent EVER in the NHL lost to Laviolette in Carolina?

18 injuried defensemen? Ruff is one of the best coaches in the NHL.

Homer. Firing Nolan and hiring Ruff was a mistake. As was letting Briere, Drury, Campbell, and God knows who else walk out the door. So maybe Ruff's not the problem. Maybe it's Regier and Quinn's fault?

Keeping Leighton in goal after letting Bouchet finish up game one was a brilliant move...this guy is just plain money. Everything is right on schedule...we're gonna finish up this win today, then upset the 'hawks in their place, and then back to South Philly for the CHAMPAIGN, BABY!!!!

It would be sooooo NICE to see one of my teams with it all again. Being that I'm a Bills, Braves, Flyers, and Sixers fan, my teams have gone like 1-10 in championships since I've followed them, with the '95 Braves being the only winner :ph34r:

Keeping Leighton in goal after letting Bouchet finish up game one was a brilliant move...this guy is just plain money. Everything is right on schedule...we're gonna finish up this win today, then upset the 'hawks in their place, and then back to South Philly for the CHAMPAIGN, BABY!!!!

It would be sooooo NICE to see one of my teams with it all again. Being that I'm a Bills, Braves, Flyers, and Sixers fan, my teams have gone like 1-10 in championships since I've followed them, with the '95 Braves being the only winner :D

I can't stay away... Even when I am relaxing... And because it is you AJ... You are a good guy! Poor choice (Flyers and Sixers) of teams but a GOOD guy! :P

Anyway... Good game and congrats for the Flyers making a series of it. I still think the 'Hawks will finish it off at home (or at earliest game 6 in hood) even know they haven't been great there (@ home). Chicago still has the best team money can buy and talentwise. The only player I hate and would wish to see Chicago lose it for is HOSSA. I absolutely can't stand the guy and if there is a silver lining in seeing Chicago lose, it is for that bum HOSSA!

Just imagine if Chicago loses... He would have choked three times in three consecutive Finals... Has that ever happened?... I really wish he wasn't with Chicago! Oh well, I am a died in the wool blue and gold fan anyway!

Again... Nice win and if the Flyers win (yuck)... At least it is going to a good and deserving fan in yourself! :ph34r::wallbash:

Enjoy... The rest of the series should be great!

And yes... I believe Lavio is the difference maker... I really thouoght he would go to Boucher after game one... Again, he made a brilliant move. As much as he is a tool (sorry Sabres bias here)... He seems to make it work with goalies... Many didn't like his take on Miller a few years back... But he manages his goalies way better than Ruff... Something a guy like Miller really needs IMO.

I can't stay away... Even when I am relaxing... And because it is you AJ... You are a good guy! Poor choice (Flyers and Sixers) of teams but a GOOD guy! :P

Anyway... Good game and congrats for the Flyers making a series of it. I still think the 'Hawks will finish it off at home (or at earliest game 6 in hood) even know they haven't been great there (@ home). Chicago still has the best team money can buy and talentwise. The only player I hate and would wish to see Chicago lose it for is HOSSA. I absolutely can't stand the guy and if there is a silver lining in seeing Chicago lose, it is for that bum HOSSA!

Just imagine if Chicago loses... He would have choked three times in three consecutive Finals... Has that ever happened?... I really wish he wasn't with Chicago! Oh well, I am a died in the wool blue and gold fan anyway!

Again... Nice win and if the Flyers win (yuck)... At least it is going to a good and deserving fan in yourself! :ph34r::wallbash:

Enjoy... The rest of the series should be great!

And yes... I believe Lavio is the difference maker... I really thouoght he would go to Boucher after game one... Again, he made a brilliant move. As much as he is a tool (sorry Sabres bias here)... He seems to make it work with goalies... Many didn't like his take on Miller a few years back... But he manages his goalies way better than Ruff... Something a guy like Miller really needs IMO.

LOL! Thanks, man....I'm definitely trying not to get too over confident, cause I know we're headed back to Chi-town, but I feel really good about what we got done the last two games. This team really knows how to dig deep and produce...they're making the Philly folks proud, for sure! We finally kept that Kane guy under control a little better, so maybe we learned something about how to play you guys.

This next game will be the most important of the entire series, IMO...if you guys win it, I think you'll probably take the Cup. If we win it, I'm confident that it'll come back to Philly and stay there. HUGE GAME, BRAH!!! Good luck :D

LOL! Thanks, man....I'm definitely trying not to get too over confident, cause I know we're headed back to Chi-town, but I feel really good about what we got done the last two games. This team really knows how to dig deep and produce...they're making the Philly folks proud, for sure! We finally kept that Kane guy under control a little better, so maybe we learned something about how to play you guys.

This next game will be the most important of the entire series, IMO...if you guys win it, I think you'll probably take the Cup. If we win it, I'm confident that it'll come back to Philly and stay there. HUGE GAME, BRAH!!! Good luck :wallbash:

Same to you!

Chicago can totally be beat in Chicago! I am shocked they didn't pull one out in Philly... They play well on the road... At least they did! :ph34r:

What really pisses me off about this year even more is the Sabres... DAMN SLUGS! The regular season has been proven to be a total farce. Next year... I don't care what they do in the regular season except get to number 8 TOTALLY healthy!

If it wasn't for the damn B's... I know the Sabres can take the Flyers AND Blackhawks... I was really hoping it was a Sabres-'Hawks finals... I would have been equally confident in beating them!

Oh well... Again... ENJOY the ride!

Oh... I forgot to mention:

"Rope-A-Dope"

You see how fast the 'Hawks made it 3-4... If they just get their head out of their arse and stop the control game... That is why I was hoping the Sabres get past the slow tempo/tight teams... I like to see skating... None of this coache's duel and laying on the "game governor." That is what post-lockout hockey was supposed to be all about!

Oh... I forgot to mention:

"Rope-A-Dope"

You see how fast the 'Hawks made it 3-4... If they just get their head out of their arse and stop the control game... That is why I was hoping the Sabres get past the slow tempo/tight teams... I like to see skating... None of this coache's duel and laying on the "game governor." That is what post-lockout hockey was supposed to be all about!

I'm sort of glad that happened, cause if we would have held that 4-1 lead, they may have gotten complacent for the next game lol. That was pretty scary how fast they scored those two, for sure. Hopefully it scared the Flyers too, so the next time they have a lead, they'll put their foot on their throats and not give them any hope of getting back in the game.

If it cant be the Flyers, I'd love to see the Sabres in the finals...it wouldn't be the same for me, but I'd still be happy to see B-lo get a championship....talk about deserving! And at least that way I could route for a team in peace on here!!! :ph34r: