With all the talk about Gailey liking a spread offense

BobbyC81

Now, it sounds like the spread offense was what he did in KC with Thigpen, right??!!

When he was head coach of Dallas, what did they run??

Did he run the spread with Thigpen to take advantage of his skills??

We don't know how any of the current 3 QBs would do in a spread. I only know that Edwards didn't play in a spread offense with Stanford.

Anyone know what Brohm played in at Louisville??

Obviously Tebow has run a spread. Also, McCoy.

Now, it sounds like the spread offense was what he did in KC with Thigpen, right??!!

We don't know how any of the current 3 QBs would do in a spread. I only know that Edwards didn't play in a spread offense with Stanford.

If i remember right ,i believe brohm ran all 4 years with a spread offense at louiville. but i could be wrong.

As I recall, he did a kind of a modified spread in KC.

In Dallas, Gailey tried to make some changes in the system (not towards the spread as I understand it) and Aikman got angry and slowly forced Gailey to go back towards his old system, till eventually he was back in their old system. The problem was that Aikman was too old, and so were Emmitt and Irvin, for the old system to work very well, but Aikman was so resistant to change that the change failed.

In Pittsburgh, he didn't use the spread for either O'Donnell or Kordell.

Mike Lombardi said the other day that when he was in Miami, Gailey advocating passing on Drew Brees because they had Ray Lucas on the roster...

I doubt this very, very much. Those that live down here know that the people and press have beat up the Dolphins pretty good for not signing Brees. There have been articles in the paper and segments on local sportscasts.

The reason that is mentioned as the reason that they did not pick him is that the medical staff did not give the GM and coach at the time the comfort that they needed given that Brees was coming off that injury to his shoulder.

Prior to reading your post, I have never heard anyone in Miami blame Chan Gailey or mention Ray Lucas. In fact, the Dolphins went after Culpepper instead.

When you say spread offense, are we talking Steve Spurrier type of spread offense which didn't work so well in the pro's or a variation.

In a place like Buffalo, why run the spread? With New England, New York in the division, there's the possiblty of playing in adverse weather 6 to 8 times a year. Why not build a big powerful O-line, a big powerful D-line with some pass rushing ability, and play power football all day long.

Come on, get with it. Haven't you heard? The QB has to be front and center of all that is good and successful.

I doubt this very, very much. Those that live down here know that the people and press have beat up the Dolphins pretty good for not signing Brees. There have been articles in the paper and segments on local sportscasts.

The reason that is mentioned as the reason that they did not pick him is that the medical staff did not give the GM and coach at the time the comfort that they needed given that Brees was coming off that injury to his shoulder.

Prior to reading your post, I have never heard anyone in Miami blame Chan Gailey or mention Ray Lucas. In fact, the Dolphins went after Culpepper instead.

Different time periods. Lombardi was referring to the 2001 draft (when Brees was picked and CG was the Dolphins OC), not later on when Brees was a free agent.

Different time periods. Lombardi was referring to the 2001 draft (when Brees was picked and CG was the Dolphins OC), not later on when Brees was a free agent.

Ok. That makes more sense, but wasn't Fiedler the Dolphins' QB then?

In a place like Buffalo, why run the spread? With New England, New York in the division, there's the possiblty of playing in adverse weather 6 to 8 times a year. Why not build a big powerful O-line, a big powerful D-line with some pass rushing ability, and play power football all day long.

I agree.

This supports drafting an offensive lineman who can help a ball-control running game and protect the QB's backside when they do pass.

And that's what was wrong with running the Tampa 2 Defense with smaller, supposedly quicker players. You just have to think back to that Cleveland game in the snow storm where our "quick" guys were basically useless.

You need to explain this to Rich Rodriquez ASAP...