Need some help here...

I just stopped down to Wegman's on my way home.

I checked out their selection of 2010 NFL Draft magazines.

Fanball.com, Lindy's, Pro Football Weekly and The Sporting News...

...those were my 4 options? Each one has all different information and opinions. I was looking through them all for nearly an hour. I could not decided which one to get. So, I went with The Sporting News, based on reputation.

The Fanball one was alright. It said what team each player fit best and had a picture of every player in action. However, it said Dekoda Watson would be a "perfect fit" in Buffalo's defense, but he is 6'2 228 lbs. Exactly what we are trying to get rid of. With that there, Fanball.com lost a little credibility, in my book. Colt McCoy was another "perfect fit" for the Bills.

I like The Sporting News because it has a 3-Round Mock Draft. It also has a "Draft Chart" so you can fill it in as the draft progresses, or with your own Mock Draft. It also has the most player ratings out of the 4 I looked at. (350 players)

ALL of them were WAY off base with our "Team Needs." That is why I am confused on which is the best?

Does anybody have any insight as to which magazine has the best resources, the most credible people writing this stuff?

I don't know if I want to keep this one, return it...or just buy another 1, or all of them...I'd rather not.

So, of those of you who have bought one...which one did you buy and why? What is the best Draft Magazine???

...those were my 4 options? Each one has all different information and opinions. I was looking through them all for nearly an hour. I could not decided which one to get. So, I went with The Sporting News, based on reputation.

The Fanball one was alright. It said what team each player fit best and had a picture of every player in action. However, it said Dekoda Watson would be a "perfect fit" in Buffalo's defense, but he is 6'2 228 lbs. Exactly what we are trying to get rid of. With that there, Fanball.com lost a little credibility, in my book. Colt McCoy was another "perfect fit" for the Bills.

I like The Sporting News because it has a 3-Round Mock Draft. It also has a "Draft Chart" so you can fill it in as the draft progresses, or with your own Mock Draft. It also has the most player ratings out of the 4 I looked at. (350 players)

ALL of them were WAY off base with our "Team Needs." That is why I am confused on which is the best?

Does anybody have any insight as to which magazine has the best resources, the most credible people writing this stuff?

I don't know if I want to keep this one, return it...or just buy another 1, or all of them...I'd rather not.

So, of those of you who have bought one...which one did you buy and why? What is the best Draft Magazine???

I'm a super draft geek and bought them all. :unsure: TSN's is the best for over the counter mags but PFW Draft Preview is the best of the reasonably priced ones. http://www.pfwstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=684

If you look at their accuracy in evaluating players, Lindy's has been the most accurate over the past 5 years. TSN use to be great, but after their merger with Street and Smith their evaluations have gone to crap. I tend to pick up all the mags, but I think this is the last year I will be spending money on TSN as it's sort of a laugher at this point.

I actually like the USA Today's "Sports Weekly" draft rag. PFW is probably the most extensive though....they put out a book every year, about 20 bucks, but it is a good read, for the deeper rounds...they analyze a ton of players at each position..

Info isn't current, but I like Pro Football Weekly and The Sporting News, always a good read. So far, I've only bought the PFW issue.

Never seen Fanball.com at all... never read Lindy's draft mag, but their season preview is garbage, I'd stay away from them & Athlon's.

If you look at their accuracy in evaluating players, Lindy's has been the most accurate over the past 5 years. TSN use to be great, but after their merger with Street and Smith their evaluations have gone to crap. I tend to pick up all the mags, but I think this is the last year I will be spending money on TSN as it's sort of a laugher at this point.

Agreed.

It just seems so far off...

For example, Clausen out of the top-25?

Pike at #41 and Tebow dropping down to #93...really?

Derrick Morgan going #2, Bradford falling to #4...Brandon Spikes going in the top-15, before McClain?

Bulaga falling out of the top-20?

I don't know. This all seems very, very amateur to me. Poorly done. :unsure:

Agreed.

It just seems so far off...

For example, Clausen out of the top-25?

Pike at #41 and Tebow dropping down to #93...really?

Derrick Morgan going #2, Bradford falling to #4...Brandon Spikes going in the top-15, before McClain?

Bulaga falling out of the top-20?

I don't know. This all seems very, very amateur to me. Poorly done. :unsure:

And to boot...

Our depth chart doesn't even feature Dwan Edwards or Andra Davis.

The supermarket draft mags are all published early and many don't take into account things such as the combine and individual teams' pro days. That's why some of their mock drafts and player rankings will seem a tad bit off.

As far as which one I would consider best, I still think Ourlads has the best quality in terms of their player rankings. Kiper's draft guide is solid too, as is the PFW guide (not the mag). If you're into the online guides, The Sporting News has a really good one.

The supermarket draft mags are all published early and many don't take into account things such as the combine and individual teams' pro days. That's why some of their mock drafts and player rankings will seem a tad bit off.

As far as which one I would consider best, I still think Ourlads has the best quality in terms of their player rankings. Kiper's draft guide is solid too, as is the PFW guide (not the mag). If you're into the online guides, The Sporting News has a really good one.

Fanball.com features information from the combine...so would that make that magazine the best one to go with?

I've been accused of being a shill for Russ Lande before, but I've been a draft fanatic for 20+ years and BY FAR

the best draft coverage I've ever seen is his GMJr draft guide - available instantly by PDF. The current guide is

400+ pages with full-page very small font reports on the top prospects at each position.

Lande is a former NFL scout for the Rams and Browns and, in my opinion, that gives him excellent credibility. Plus,

his writeups on each player clearly indicate that he has watched signifcant game tape (not highlight reels) of the

top prospects.

For the $20 it costs to download, I'd highly recommend it over any 3 or 4 of the draft mags.

My 2nd choice is Pro Football Weekly's draft guide which is really excellent, too.

I don't know. This all seems very, very amateur to me. Poorly done. :doh:

Their publication deadline was a couple of months ago, before the Combine and hype machine got cranked up. There's been a lot of player movement since then.

The only credible rag to me was PFW, but it seems their deadline was a month ago as well (most of their top-10 by position is now on their website)

Ourlads for the best player evals. In their mock draft they just slot players based on their rankings, not based on team needs. A player with a 1st round grade should be drafted in the first round; 2nd round,3rd round and down the line the same slotting of players. Their website: http://www.ourlads.com/ and as others have stated Pro Football Weekly's draft guide(the book) also has indepth player write-ups, with more small school prospects than most. The Sporting News "Draft WarRoom" online also has good player evals but take their mock drafts, just like most with a grain of salt. No GM is going to tip his hand on who he would like to draft. If only our airports had security like NFL draft warrooms. So if you hear some talking head like Kiper saying he "heard this" or "heard that" just do like I do; I scream at the TV and tell him to pound sand :doh::thumbsup: