Charles Robinson (Yahoo Sports)

Kingfish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm urked.

I can't seem to buy a jersey of a Bills player that stays with the team longer than a few years. McGahee, Losman and now Lynch.

I was able to 'resurrect' my Losman Jersey and wear it to a Las Vegas Locomotives game last year, now he's not even with the Locos. :)

I recall seeing an old Bledsoe #11 Jersey at St John Fischer a few years back, but the kid wearing the jesey put duct tape over the name and scribed 'Parrish' ----I laughed at the time but now I'm actually giving it some thought.

On the positive side, I am an football card collector and stockpiled Lych rookie cards when he was drafted. They have value, but in comparison they never seem to hold as much value as well as notable players of other teams. Perhaps they'll increase in value now.

Lets hope these rumors of trades, swaps and compensation all make sense the morning after the draft....or better yet when Gaily hoists the Lombardi over his head while being showered by red, white and blue confetti. B-)

Go Bills!

Wow, you are a bad player evaluator. In most cases, you pick a guy with great talent. Don't buy any more jerseys, you could jinx that player's career. On a positive note. I would love a trade with San Diego. Lynch for Merriman. That would be sweet.

If it turns out to be Lynch to the Lions it better not be straight up for Julian Peterson. Peterson and a swap of 2nd round picks then we got a deal. We move to the top of the 2nd round where we would hold the cards in terms of getting the player we want or making another trade with another team.

ESPN's Adam Schefter suggests that unsigned restricted free agent Ronnie Brown may be available for trade.

Schefter points out that Brown, the subject of 2009 trade rumors, has been on the block for "well over a year." The problem is that Brown is coming off a Lisfranc fracture and entering the final year of his rookie contract. He's worth more to the Fins than the mid- to late-round pick they could get for him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...t=NFL&rwr=1

Maybe it's not Lynch after all. B-) I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If the Bills trade Lynch I predict he will be in the Pro Bowl within 2 years. The organization was a disaster even before he arrived. Judgments on the field are inconclusive because of the poor talent and play calling.

Gotta disagree with you here. Fred Jackson played in the same offense, with much better results. They gave Lynch the starting job and Freddy took it back. Last year Lynch played like crap. He began to hesitate in the backfield, twitch from side to side and appeared to struggle to identify a hole. He only rarely displayed the battering ram approach and ability to carry the pile which had been so evident the previous year. Kinda reminded me of Antwaan friggin Smith who after a great start began hitting the line in an upright position and getting no penetration. That part is a coaching issue, but Lynch will need to listen and work.

Fair enough, I suppose I did post a lot of possibilities at once. I guess what I wanted to say succinctly was that I hope it is the for the Lion's second, even if I am dreaming.

The rumor for about a week has been Lynch for a player.

Do people on this board honestly want to trade a 24-year old commodity at RB in Lynch and, with all the holes on the team (in addition to the one created by trading Lynch), draft a RB #9 overall? You people can't be serious.

Keep Marshawn. Assuming you can't trade down and get value, draft the best LT available at #9, then take the best NT at #41. Enough with the CJ Spiller ****, people...

fred jackson will have another good year next year and then his career is over. running backs dont last that long, he is pushing the wrong side of 30. he did well last year but his employment in the nfl will most likely come to an end pretty soon.

what are guys like shaun alexander and lt up to now?

this would be a big mistake to trade lynch. You need two rbs. FJ is 29 lynch is only 24... people were complaining when i suggested trading Lee Evans. Lynch is way more valuable to this team than evans. with no QB on this team we need to be able to run the ball. jackson and lynch are a perfect combo. A trade of lynch is going to create a huge hole in the offense.. Terrible mistake if this happens.

unless they are targeting spiller on game day

I'm saying San Diego or Detroit

San Diego got an extra pick and an exchange in draft positioning for the Whitehurst deal. Astrobot, am I getting close? Either you tell me now or I'm going to tell the world you are a dispicable snitch!

I say trade Lynch and our 1st to Detroit for Peterson and there first. Draft Russell Okung ot. Draft QB in second . Don't like Clausen, rather take my chances on Tebow or McCoy in second or Skelton later and draft DL in second rd. Maybe move back in first Rd. and draft Jared Odrick. Okung is the best left offense tackle in draft. Too many question with the other OTs. Like to get Jared Veldheer later, we need two OTs in this draft.

I say trade Lynch and our 1st to Detroit for Peterson and there first. Draft Russell Okung ot. Draft QB in second . Don't like Clausen, rather take my chances on Tebow or McCoy in second or Skelton later and draft DL in second rd. Maybe move back in first Rd. and draft Jared Odrick. Okung is the best left offense tackle in draft. Too many question with the other OTs. Like to get Jared Veldheer later, we need two OTs in this draft.

If we have the 2nd pick in the draft I take Suh. B-)

Could it be Lynch to San Diego for Merriman?

I wouldn't mind this at all...but, I think Lynch is worth more to us, than Merriman is worth to the Chargers. So, I think we would have to get a little something more to sweeten the deal. Swap of picks...or an extra 5th or something.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...t=NFL&rwr=1

Maybe it's not Lynch after all. :unsure: I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A friend of mine was over last night and he was showing me a bunch of stuff on this "Pro-Bowl RB trade" talk.

What he showed me, said most of what has been shared on here...however, it said something about "#23" being the RB.

He said he had heard that it would be Lynch or Ronnie Brown to the Chargers for a 2nd. (Take it for what its worth!)

(I'm looking for a link right now...)