Charles Robinson (Yahoo Sports)

Kingfish

"Pro Bowl running back" on the trading block

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010 3:44 PM ET

Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports reports that an unnamed (for now) Pro Bowl running back is on the trading block.

Robinson (via Twitter) says that knows the name of the tailback and the teams involved. He says he'll reveal the player soon, that it won't be shocking, and that it's not Cowboys tailback Marion Barber.

In 2009, the Pro Bowl running backs were Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, DeAngelo Williams, and Frank Gore.

In 2008, they were Thomas Jones, Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch, Peterson, Clinton Portis, and Michael Turner.

In 2007, they were LaDainian Tomlinson, Joseph Addai, Fred Taylor, Willie Parker,Willis McGahee, Peterson, Barber, and Brian Westbrook.

We're guessing that it's Lynch, and possibly McGahee.

Not for nothing, but who is we?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would also be a very good 3-4 OLB.

I suspect so. BUF is going to have their share of bumps along the road, like any club that switches from a 4-3 to a 3-4. A seasoned vet is probably a good idea. See "old" Dhani Jones...not a 3-4 system at CIN, but a great acquisition. The chatter says Maualuga gets positioned at MLB in '10. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they selected Miz's S. Witherspoon.

this would be a big mistake to trade lynch. You need two rbs. FJ is 29 lynch is only 24... people were complaining when i suggested trading Lee Evans. Lynch is way more valuable to this team than evans. with no QB on this team we need to be able to run the ball. jackson and lynch are a perfect combo. A trade of lynch is going to create a huge hole in the offense.. Terrible mistake if this happens.

you act like they wont be able to add another RB if they trade Lynch

this team isnt in position to be creating holes when they have so many others to fill but Lynch is a dog and an idiot, this would be addition by subtraction

if and when they trade Lynch the Spiller rumors will start to heat up again

If it is indeed Lynch on the block, there's another knock on the Levy/Smithers/Jauron era of the Buffalo Bills. Their 1st round picks in 06-07 are a big part of why this team is rebuilding again in 2010. Besides drafting more skill players and skimping on lineman, Whitner, McCargo, and Lynch have been disappointments or merely pedestrian.

It was reported Ralph wanted Lynch in 2007's first round. If so, it's further proof needs to be seen and not heard on draft day aside from agreeing with the people he hires.

Lynch-Bills (bottom of link)

Michael Schottey (of Bleacher Report and DraftTek) and I.

Michael's in touch with the senior columnist of Yahoo Sports, Charles Robinson.

I'm intrigued, but skeptical. Since I don't know who Charles Robinson is, I'm not sure if this means anything. I guess we'll see.

I'd actually hate to see Lynch go. He's worth more to us than the 3rd or 4th rounder we'd get for him.

I'm intrigued, but skeptical. Since I don't know who Charles Robinson is, I'm not sure if this means anything. I guess we'll see.

I'd actually hate to see Lynch go. He's worth more to us than the 3rd or 4th rounder we'd get for him.

What we're hearing is that it's a player for a player, not a draft pick.

The other thing we're hearing is that some team is talking to a top 3 team about moving up for Bradford.

I've got no problems with trading Lynch for a good cover OLB like Peterson.

Honestly, I can't imagine them doing this though. The guy is 31. They've signed some players that old this off season, so maybe they are going for more of a win-now approach. But, it doesn't seem like Nix's style (building through draft).

What I can picture (understanding probably the Lions would not do this) is trying to get hold of that second pick in the 2nd round for Lynch, so they can draft Tebow. This way they still get an OT (or Spiller) in round 1 and also still have their own round 2 pick for something else (NT?). The question is, are the Lions down enough on Kevin Smith to be willing to do that?

Having the second pick in the second when you know the Rams drafted Bradford in the first practically guarantees you have your choice of the QB that fell that you like (Tebow or McCoy), unless someone jumps into the Rams spot at the top of the second.

So - would you trade Lynch for Tebow? I would, and I have not been a big Tebow guy but have been warming up to the idea, and since Lynch is one more mistake away from not playing at all, seems like a good idea to me.

Your reputation succeeds you. Why would a team trade into the top 3 for Bradford if he's most likely going to go in the top 1? I'll give you credit. You frame your comments like you know more than the average joe. Seems like spaghetti rumors to me.

What we're hearing is that it's a player for a player, not a draft pick.

If Lynch gets moved...that puts BUF into being a player in the rb market. I happen to like Fresno St.'s Mathews -it will be controversial if BUF picks a rb in the 2nd. I do like USC's Joe McKnight after rnd 3.

if it is peterson the defense is looking to be in good shape if you an a n.t to play with williams I think you have a solid unit

that said if you add peterson maybe you can move schobel perhaps to the texans , (closer to home ), for a few mid round picks

Honestly, I can't imagine them doing this though. The guy is 31. They've signed some players that old this off season, so maybe they are going for more of a win-now approach. But, it doesn't seem like Nix's style (building through draft).

What I can picture (understanding probably the Lions would not do this) is trying to get hold of that second pick in the 2nd round for Lynch, so they can draft Tebow. This way they still get an OT (or Spiller) in round 1 and also still have their own round 2 pick for something else (NT?). The question is, are the Lions down enough on Kevin Smith to be willing to do that?

Having the second pick in the second when you know the Rams drafted Bradford in the first practically guarantees you have your choice of the QB that fell that you like (Tebow or McCoy), unless someone jumps into the Rams spot at the top of the second.

So - would you trade Lynch for Tebow? I would, and I have not been a big Tebow guy but have been warming up to the idea, and since Lynch is one more mistake away from not playing at all, seems like a good idea to me.

This post is a waste of space. Why not just say the Bills are tryin to get the Lion's first round pick for Lynch. :wallbash: