QB John Crompton Tenn.

Did anybody out there see him play much? Russ Lande draft analyst in my Bills digest thinks this Kid is the sleeper in the Draft .Goes on to say he thinks he is the 2nd best QB in the draft. :rolleyes:

:sick:

Think of it this way, from this point on you don't have to pay any attention to anything Russ Lande says.

Cromptom was horrible. Tenn wouldn't even pass late in games when they were behind because they knew Crompton would screw it up. Seriously, I try not to go overboard with my criticism of these guys, but if there was ever a time when an "analyst" was literally pulling a name out of a hat, this has to be it.

:rolleyes:

Think of it this way, from this point on you don't have to pay any attention to anything Russ Lande says.

Cromptom was horrible. Tenn wouldn't even pass late in games when they were behind because they knew Crompton would screw it up. Seriously, I try not to go overboard with my criticism of these guys, but if there was ever a time when an "analyst" was literally pulling a name out of a hat, this has to be it.

Really that bad. What good was he seeing ? I don`t know how a draft analyst would put that in ink without watching him. You never know about these guys.

Really that bad. What good was he seeing ? I don`t know how a draft analyst would put that in ink without watching him. You never know about these guys.

I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine what he was seeing that could make him think Crompton could be anywhere near the #2 QB. Or a sleeper pick. I'm the type of person that, given the Brady's and Warner's of the world, will almost never completely count someone out, but there is no way Crompton becomes a successful NFL QB.

Did anybody out there see him play much? Russ Lande draft analyst in my Bills digest thinks this Kid is the sleeper in the Draft .Goes on to say he thinks he is the 2nd best QB in the draft. :rolleyes:

I saw him play and he does not look like an NFL prospect. Slow to read and react.

Most of the Vol fans I know do not think much of him.

The Sporting News said that he really came on the second part of the year as he adapted to the coaching. They seem to think a light switch went on and that he's going to keep developing into a pro style QB rapidly. TSN can be way off, but they do their own homework, and you have to admire the way they call 'em as they seem 'em, no matter what the other rags/mocks say. They think Crompton is a better bet in this draft than any QB but Bradford.

The Sporting News said that he really came on the second part of the year as he adapted to the coaching. They seem to think a light switch went on and that he's going to keep developing into a pro style QB rapidly. TSN can be way off, but they do their own homework, and you have to admire the way they call 'em as they seem 'em, no matter what the other rags/mocks say. They think Crompton is a better bet in this draft than any QB but Bradford.

Hmnn :flirt:

Crompton wasn't as horrible as Faustus paints him out to be. His stats are average http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175658 and he does have good arm strength. The decision making at time is Losman-esque though. He'd be another project QB for now if we took a flyer on him in the later rounds. Might turn out in our favor, might not. I can't believe that guy has him rated as the 2nd best QB though.

6-4 228 27 tds 13 ints. thats all I know besides good arm strenght.

Precisely and that's basically what Russ Lande has told me in the personal scouting chats we have with him on a weekly basis. Said he really developed his final year and thinks the guy has a shot to become a solid starter. Do I see it? Not Really. But you have to respect scouts who stick to their beliefs.

BTW another one of his sleeper QB's that he mentioned today was none other than Levi Brown (Troy). Didn't really elaborate on what he liked about him, so I'll have to ask him next week. Levi Brown is a guy that seems to be on the Bills radar (perhaps our 4th round pick?)

Let me just throw this out there as well:

Asked who is favorite guys were in this draft, Lande responded without hesitation:

Suh, Bradford, Derrick Morgan and Demaryius Thomas.

He's been raving about Demaryius Thomas (Georgia Tech - WR) for a while now. Once again I just don't see it. I see more of a body catcher when it comes to Thomas, but I just wnated to throw that nugget out there.

I do love Derrick Morgan, and I'm back to thinking there's no way we have a shot at him at #9.

Let me just throw this out there as well:

Asked who is favorite guys were in this draft, Lande responded without hesitation:

Suh, Bradford, Derrick Morgan and Demaryius Thomas.

He's been raving about Demaryius Thomas (Georgia Tech - WR) for a while now. Once again I just don't see it. I see more of a body catcher when it comes to Thomas, but I just wnated to throw that nugget out there.

I do love Derrick Morgan, and I'm back to thinking there's no way we have a shot at him at #9.

Thats also who I want. At olb though

Did anybody out there see him play much? Russ Lande draft analyst in my Bills digest thinks this Kid is the sleeper in the Draft .Goes on to say he thinks he is the 2nd best QB in the draft. :flirt:

He's not too much of a sleeper...as the Sporting News NFL Draft guide had him ranked as the 2nd best QB in the draft behind Bradford and really praised him. They did a whole breakdown on all the QB's with overall grades etc....Another QB that they really liked a lot was Tony Pike. Is that Cincinatti..? I don't remember cause it's getting late. They really did not like Leflevor at all.....I think they had Clausen at #3. It's not so much where these guys peg the QB's..It's more about what the scouts think as they influence the Football clubs in their decision. So when a scout talks I listen carefully, because they know more than Mel Kiper and the other supposed experts.

He's not too much of a sleeper...as the Sporting News NFL Draft guide had him ranked as the 2nd best QB in the draft behind Bradford and really praised him. They did a whole breakdown on all the QB's with overall grades etc....Another QB that they really liked a lot was Tony Pike. Is that Cincinatti..? I don't remember cause it's getting late. They really did not like Leflevor at all.....I think they had Clausen at #3. It's not so much where these guys peg the QB's..It's more about what the scouts think as they influence the Football clubs in their decision. So when a scout talks I listen carefully, because they know more than Mel Kiper and the other supposed experts.

yeah these guys can make your head spin. :flirt:

I like Graham or Kindle for pass rushing OLB...however...I've been researching Levi Brown and I like him...he's like Tebow with an arm...great attitude...religious...does bible study for fun off the field and his passion is philanthropy...he's got happy feet sometimes, but he's got a nice arm...and very accurate...

Crompton is the anti-Vick..."hoss" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWZjXIzUYE...he was a decent looking QB in the clips I've seen of him...I remember when he was a prospect with UT they were comparing him to Colt McCoy...but that's all I can remember about him...

I like Graham or Kindle for pass rushing OLB...however...I've been researching Levi Brown and I like him...he's like Tebow with an arm...great attitude...religious...does bible study for fun off the field and his passion is philanthropy...he's got happy feet sometimes, but he's got a nice arm...and very accurate...

Crompton is the anti-Vick..."hoss" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWZjXIzUYE...he was a decent looking QB in the clips I've seen of him...I remember when he was a prospect with UT they were comparing him to Colt McCoy...but that's all I can remember about him...

yeah I`m talking 5 th rd. if at all with Crompton.

Did anybody out there see him play much? Russ Lande draft analyst in my Bills digest thinks this Kid is the sleeper in the Draft .Goes on to say he thinks he is the 2nd best QB in the draft. :flirt:

Crompton was straight TERRIBLE the entire time he was at Tennessee. I mean I really saw no redeeming value in his game.

I didn't think he was terrible in college...he wasn't taring it up though...however he threw for more yards and TD's than Tom Brady did at Michigan...soooo....you never can tell...I don't think Crompton is as terrible as these Gator fans make him out to be...but he isn't Peyton Manning either lol...he's decent and I don't think he is any more of a risk at pick 5 than Clausen at pick 9 over all...that's for sure...I'd be happier with Crompton...

Levi Brown is a better pick in the late rounds IMO...Skelton if he slips to round 4 I like as well...Pike in the fourth to...but both will probably be gone in the mid to late third round

I didn't think he was terrible in college...he wasn't taring it up though...however he threw for more yards and TD's than Tom Brady did at Michigan...soooo....you never can tell...I don't think Crompton is as terrible as these Gator fans make him out to be...but he isn't Peyton Manning either lol...he's decent and I don't think he is any more of a risk at pick 5 than Clausen at pick 9 over all...that's for sure...I'd be happier with Crompton...

Levi Brown is a better pick in the late rounds IMO...Skelton if he slips to round 4 I like as well...Pike in the fourth to...but both will probably be gone in the mid to late third round

Maybe so, but the games I saw him in he was far from impressive. I would describe him as a game manager type of QB without much game. Nothing he did stood out. Not his arm, not his accuracy, not his mobility, not his decision making, am I being too hard him?

Crompton wasn't as horrible as Faustus paints him out to be. His stats are average http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175658 and he does have good arm strength. The decision making at time is Losman-esque though. He'd be another project QB for now if we took a flyer on him in the later rounds. Might turn out in our favor, might not. I can't believe that guy has him rated as the 2nd best QB though.

Yes, he was.

all i remember of him was during the gator game last year. tennessee was down big, and had to pass to get back in the game, but tennessee kept running the ball (and eventually did get close.. due to the running backs).

to his credit, though, it looks like his play picked up greatly after that game.

I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine what he was seeing that could make him think Crompton could be anywhere near the #2 QB. Or a sleeper pick. I'm the type of person that, given the Brady's and Warner's of the world, will almost never completely count someone out, but there is no way Crompton becomes a successful NFL QB.

Lande also likes Levi Brown of Troy and also thinks "Anthony Davis would be a home run pick for the Bills"

What are they all seeing?

Probably that he was markedly better under Kiffin than he had been and some sort expectation of continued growth in a linear fashion. I saw most UT games and he doesn't look like the second coming of a any legit starter. He looked okay at times but Crompton is not ready for prime time in my estimation.