Foods you detest

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is completely wrong for steaks. IMO anyway.

What is wrong? Cooking them medium and up? Or the other way around?

I've always liked my steaks rare, medium-rare at the most.

That is completely wrong for steaks. IMO anyway.

I'll eat ground beef right out of the package. Little truffle salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Damn this thread is making me hungry. Time to get the leg o' lamb in the oven.

I'll eat ground beef right out of the package. Little truffle salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Damn this thread is making me hungry. Time to get the leg o' lamb in the oven.

Same here! Sounds delish... or beef tartare! :wallbash:

I know this is a food you hate thread... But here are bunch here that got me tweeked by your post Chef!

http://www.ifood.tv/network/beef_tartare_canape/recipes

I'll eat pretty much anything. Hell, I've eaten things in 3rd world countries I've yet to identify. But brussel sprouts are a different story. Prepared properly, meh. Overcooked, they are one of the most horrible, bitter things I've ever tasted. I just pass on those from now on.

Me too. I ate unidentifiable things in foreign countries and I ate foreign things in unidentifiable countries, but I NEVER ate a Brussels Sprout that didn't taste 6 months beyond rotten.

Surprised at the bad rep of Brussel sprouts. I cut them in half, steam for 8 minutes, lot's of butter, salt, pepper and grated Parmesan. Delicious. In addition to the clams I mentioned, I also am not a big fan of salmon. A real shame since in the summer I can effortlessly harvest the wild fresh variety of both.

In addition to the clams I mentioned, I also am not a big fan of salmon. A real shame since in the summer I can effortlessly harvest the wild fresh variety of both.

It would be less of a shame if you'd catch a bunch, toss them on dry ice and FedEx them to my house. I love wild salmon. And clams. And pretty much anything that they pull out of the sea.

Mushrooms? Vile fungus!

It would be less of a shame if you'd catch a bunch, toss them on dry ice and FedEx them to my house. I love wild salmon. And clams. And pretty much anything that they pull out of the sea.

Mushrooms? Vile fungus!

Sure, I will even just send fillets. The head and guts are bait in my shrimp pots. There is nothing like throwing a catch of live shrimp in a pot of boiling sea water. Unbelievably tasty, they need nothing-no sauce, butter, nothing.

mushrooms (unless ona Pizza)

Brussel Sprouts

Asparagus

sushi

I absolutely will not eat raw fish. I catch halibut, fillet them put them in a cooler for the 3 hour drive home. By that time the bottem of the cooler is filled with tiny,live wiggling red worms. I am going to eat those raw? No.

Sure, I will even just send fillets. The head and guts are bait in my shrimp pots. There is nothing like throwing a catch of live shrimp in a pot of boiling sea water. Unbelievably tasty, they need nothing-no sauce, butter, nothing.

I kind of feel the same way for crispy skinned seared salmon. :wallbash:

Mushrooms? Vile fungus!

I kind of feel the same way for crispy skinned seared salmon. :wallbash:

Well, it looks like I should give salmon a second try,but the water is still to hard. Kings, Silvers, humpys[pink] reds[sockeye] chum[yach- called dogfish for a reason] just out the door. But I still think their role in life is shrimp bait.