Foods you detest

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only food I know that I do not like are radishes.....love horseradish, like water chestnuts(so it can't be the texture)...just cannot stand radishes at all....

Now, I like spicy food, go through jalapeños and garlic by the ton, but I will not eat the following-

Green peppers-taste like gasoline

mushrooms-slimy snot balls.

olives- tasteless nothing

Clams- see mushrooms.

Am I picky? Are those not things you are supposed to like?

Now, I like spicy food, go through jalapeños and garlic by the ton, but I will not eat the following-

Green peppers-taste like gasoline

mushrooms-slimy snot balls.

olives- tasteless nothing

Clams- see mushrooms.

Am I picky? Are those not things you are supposed to like?

Olives taste like nothing? What kind of taste buds do you have?

BTW... I DETEST olives! :thumbsup:

Oh... I hate:

Miracle Whip in anything!

Did I mention Olives? :devil:

Peaches... YES, peaches

Grapefruit... YES, grapefruit

Liver, kidney. Blurgh, I don't care how good they are supposed to be for me.

Marmite/Vegemite.

Farmed mushrooms. The wild ones I pick myself are awesome (no, I'm not referring to the magical variety). Ones you get in shops are so bland.

Zucchini

Mild cheeses. What is the point?

Salmon. Like just about every other fish going but Salmon, for some reason, I hate.

Processed foods generally I find pretty awful, give me fresh ingredients every day in almost every case.

Cider.

Farmed mushrooms. The wild ones I pick myself are awesome (no, I'm not referring to the magical variety). Ones you get in shops are so bland.

I used to work with an old-timer (he had to grow up in the 1930's or something) when I was a hydrographic surveyor. He said the same thing. YET... You better know what you are doing! He said through the years he kind of taught himself... Got sick on many ocassions! :wallbash:<_< WTF! One time we were establishing a baseline along the Upper Mississippi River and he stumbled upon a giant "puffball"... One of the nicer ones he ever found! He wrapped in a wet paper towel and stuck inon the floor of the truck... Said he was gonna fry it up when he got home! :P;)

He did cut it open to see if it was "death ball." :blink::blink:

Oh.. He was from Iowa, so every second phrase was: "You bet!"

Puffball

Liver, kidney. Blurgh, I don't care how good they are supposed to be for me.

Marmite/Vegemite.

Zucchini

Mild cheeses. What is the point?

Salmon. Like just about every other fish going but Salmon, for some reason, I hate.

Processed foods generally I find pretty awful, give me fresh ingredients every day in almost every case.

Cider.

I love going to the local farmer's market and getting the lamb's kidneys. :wallbash:

I used to work with an old-timer (he had to grow up in the 1930's or something) when I was a hydrographic surveyor. He said the same thing. YET... You better know what you are doing! He said through the years he kind of taught himself... Got sick on many ocassions! :wallbash:<_< WTF! One time we were establishing a baseline along the Upper Mississippi River and he stumbled upon a giant "puffball"... One of the nicer ones he ever found! He wrapped in a wet paper towel and stuck inon the floor of the truck... Said he was gonna fry it up when he got home! :P;)

He did cut it open to see if it was "death ball." :blink::blink:

Oh.. He was from Iowa, so every second phrase was: "You bet!"

Puffball

I got fed up with walking through the woods and seeing all these fungi knowing that wild mushrooms were supposed to be great but not knowing which. Bought a guide book, learnt how to spot the deadly ones (which, as it turns out, are very similar to normal edible mushrooms) and then went and tried all the local edible ones. Quite a few were pretty bad but a couple are just wonderful.

Never found a giant puffball, although we do get them. Seen some awesome recipes for them I would love to try out one day. Do not get 'death balls' around here.

I got fed up with walking through the woods and seeing all these fungi knowing that wild mushrooms were supposed to be great but not knowing which. Bought a guide book, learnt how to spot the deadly ones (which, as it turns out, are very similar to normal edible mushrooms) and then went and tried all the local edible ones. Quite a few were pretty bad but a couple are just wonderful.

Never found a giant puffball, although we do get them. Seen some awesome recipes for them I would love to try out one day. Do not get 'death balls' around here.

I do recall him saying something like: "You don't come across one of these everyday!" He seemed giddy with his find. Man, the guy was a character and had some great stories!