Foods you detest

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I like spicy food, go through jalapeños and garlic by the ton, but I will not eat the following-

Green peppers-taste like gasoline

mushrooms-slimy snot balls.

olives- tasteless nothing

Clams- see mushrooms.

Am I picky? Are those not things you are supposed to like?

Try fresh, dry mushrooms. That's how I like them. The slimy ones out of the can are indeed disgusting.

Me? I don't like most foods with a creamy consistency. Whipped cream, sour cream, mousse, yogurt, cake frosting, pudding...can't stand any of it.

IMO they are one of the few ingredients that !@#$ up a pizza. I should note that !@#$ing up a pizza is nearly impossible.

Here's the problem with that. Most places just put the sliced mushrooms on the pizza raw before baking the pie. Folks, you have to saute them first.

BTW there is nothing I can think of that I pick out and not eat. I pretty much eat anything.

Rutabagas

Turnips

Onions

Raw tomatoes

Fish

Shellfish

Garlic

Liver

Sweetbreads

Cabbage

Brussells sprouts

Flan

Oriental foods

Mexican foods

I think your list would have been easier to type if you just listed the things you do eat. :thumbsup:

Now, I like spicy food, go through jalapeños and garlic by the ton, but I will not eat the following-

Green peppers-taste like gasoline

mushrooms-slimy snot balls.

olives- tasteless nothing

Clams- see mushrooms.

Am I picky? Are those not things you are supposed to like?

Mushrooms are slimy snot balls? What the hell, are you eating them from a can? :thumbsup:

Onions

Tomatoes

Sour Cream

Bell peppers (love hot peppers)

Seafood (except for tuna)

Canned mushrooms (Fresh ones cooked properly are great)

Yogurt

Cream cheese

Undercooked Beef (I have to have at least medium)

Celery

And I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm not thinking of.

I'll eat pretty much anything. Hell, I've eaten things in 3rd world countries I've yet to identify. But brussel sprouts are a different story. Prepared properly, meh. Overcooked, they are one of the most horrible, bitter things I've ever tasted. I just pass on those from now on.

I'll eat pretty much anything. Hell, I've eaten things in 3rd world countries I've yet to identify. But brussel sprouts are a different story. Prepared properly, meh. Overcooked, they are one of the most horrible, bitter things I've ever tasted. I just pass on those from now on.

Man I love Brussels sprouts. Sauteed in browned butter. :thumbsup:

Here's the problem with that. Most places just put the sliced mushrooms on the pizza raw before baking the pie. Folks, you have to saute them first.

BTW there is nothing I can think of that I pick out and not eat. I pretty much eat anything.

Not even sauteed. Ugg.

Olives, olives, olives...^# up pizza.

Agreed.