Foods you detest

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you would say that. I have been on a split pea soup kick lately. Cook the dried peas in stock, add fried onions,garlic, steamed carrot's at the last minute. Delicious. Just don't over cook the peas.

Want to kick it up a notch (god I hate that)? Throw in a ham hock. :flirt:

Pea soup = ham hocks

Oxtails = barley soup

:rolleyes:

Why do you have to plan ahead for ham hocks? Are you smoking them yourself?

No,just plan ahead to make soup and buy them. Split pea soup is one of those things thats result's from me wandering in the kitchen and thinking"what should I make for lunch" and I alway"s have dried split peas, stock, onions, garlic, carrots on hand.

The only thing I smoke is Salmon. It's the only way I really like it.

I have thought about curing my own hams though. My crawl space is a constant 45 degrees, year round.

No,just plan ahead to make soup and buy them. Split pea soup is one of those things thats result's from me wandering in the kitchen and thinking"what should I make for lunch" and I alway"s have dried split peas, stock, onions, garlic, carrots on hand.

The only thing I smoke is Salmon. It's the only way I really like it.

I have thought about curing my own hams though. My crawl space is a constant 45 degrees, year round.

I'm making some saucisson sec (dry cured garlic sausage) this weekend. I have to hang them in my wine cooler, I wish I had a cellar. I'm going to start making cheese next.

Speaking of cheese many years ago I was working in a hotel. We had a large party and we had large mirrors with cheese on them. The cheddar cheese was cut into cubes and whoever cut them cut them too big or too small...I forgot. But the Austrian chef we has was pissed and walking around the kitchen and kept asking in his Austrian accent "who cut the cheese?" For the life of him he couldn't figure out why we were all laughing our asses off.

• 2 years later...

Foods I Detest

• Oysters
  • Mushrooms
  • Scallops
  • Clams (unless fried)
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Kraft Mac and Cheese
  • Tapioca Pudding
  • Bread Pudding

Edited by Fig Newtons

Foods I Detest

• Oysters
  • Mushrooms
  • Scallops
  • Clams (unless fried)
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Kraft Mac and Cheese
  • Tapioca Pudding
  • Bread Pudding

Man, all of those are good (cept the Kraft M&C). Tapioca is my favorite puddin. I think you have issues you need to work through regarding raw seafood.

food of the gods right there!

I was with my daughter at a steak house in OKC not too long ago and I got this as a side. It was !@#$ing to die for goodness in a casserole.