Shaun Rogers arrested for possession of a gun

No joke, unless the Plain-Dealer is either in on it or being duped.

FWIW, both Barry Switzer and St. Bonaventure baseball coach Larry Sudbrook have been arrested for the same thing. Mere forgetfulness (or stupidity, if you want to call it that), but probably not something that's going to give him a Plaxico-style prison sentence.

Not to make light of the situation, but I nearly crossed into Canada with a handgun simply because I forgot it was in my car. I am licensed to carry in NY and was not doing anything remotely illegal in NYS. Once I crossed the border I could have been in a world of trouble. Luckily I remembered it was there about 15 miles from the border. Stupid, absolutely. Indicative of character issues, hardly.

Not to make light of the situation, but I nearly crossed into Canada with a handgun simply because I forgot it was in my car. I am licensed to carry in NY and was not doing anything remotely illegal in NYS. Once I crossed the border I could have been in a world of trouble. Luckily I remembered it was there about 15 miles from the border. Stupid, absolutely. Indicative of character issues, hardly.

Good thing no one "saw or smelled pot" in your car. :ph34r:

So what did you do with your gun? Turn around and take it home?

Did you remember the bodies in the trunk? :ph34r:

PTR

FWIW, both Barry Switzer and St. Bonaventure baseball coach Larry Sudbrook have been arrested for the same thing. Mere forgetfulness (or stupidity, if you want to call it that), but probably not something that's going to give him a Plaxico-style prison sentence.

made me proud to be bonnie

I live down here in NE Ohio and this is true. The media and talk shows are all over him for his stupidity.

He does tend to take plays off, but when he is on his game, he is very good. There had been talks during the offseason about unloading him, so this incident may speed up that process. That aside, I don't think Holmgren will get fleeced if the Browns do decide to trade him.

As far as this affects football, well, it's really not a big deal. It's stupid, but it's not the kind of thing that says "team-destroying screaming moron." Of course, there are other things about Shaun Rogers that say that, so this doesn't really move the ball forward for him there.

Sudbrook is from my hometown of Bradford PA, he's an avid hunter and one of the biggest hick's around. Doubt it was much more then a deer rifle, suprised I never heard about it.