[Link] McNabb says if the Eagles ARE gonna trade him...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Excerpt:

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin, Michael, the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

League sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that several teams are actively pursuing McNabb, and there's a strong belief that he's by far the Eagles quarterback most likely to be traded, even though Reid said the 11-year veteran is the starter. A source with knowledge of the situation said McNabb's suitors are "some teams that would surprise you, and some you would expect."

League sources indicated to La Canfora that the Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals are interested in McNabb. Several executives on other teams pointed to the Raiders as being in the heaviest pursuit.

McNabb has one year left on his contract, and any team acquiring him likely would want to sign him to an extension, but it might not be imperative for some, La Canfora reported. McNabb has an offseason home in Arizona, so the Cardinals could fit, but Oakland and Buffalo wouldn't be as attractive to him, according to sources close to the quarterback.

well from what i can remember the cards have their qb right? that leaves bills and oakland... not exactly the best ground for QB's... though i think that we might look like a better option than oakland would be. i dont know why... but i hope that we are at least

I do not understand why he wouldnt want to come here, yet he says he will go to St.Louis. We have a much better roster and we know he doesnt mind the weather. We need to make this happen. I was thinking since this is one of the best drafts in the past 10 years than why dont we maybe swap first rounders and give them a late rounder in next years draft.

I do not understand why he wouldnt want to come here, yet he says he will go to St.Louis.

because the people on this board have an inferiority complex and will make up a lot of stuff to feed that paranoia for some reason.

I do not understand why he wouldnt want to come here, yet he says he will go to St.Louis.

Slow down. McNabb NEVER SAID he wouldn't come to Buffalo. He hasn't said anything except if the Eagles are

going to trade him to do it quickly. That's it. Those old "sources" are at work again. Don't believe anything

you read from bloggers. They all regurgitate each other. A couple days ago the Bills were the team being

talked about as after McNabb for picks at the league meetings and nobody said McNabb wouldn't come to BLo

then. So I say all that to say, don't worry about it.

well from what i can remember the cards have their qb right? that leaves bills and oakland... not exactly the best ground for QB's... though i think that we might look like a better option than oakland would be. i dont know why... but i hope that we are at least

Well that all depends on how you view Matt Leinart, and Derek Anderson. Because that's there top 2 QB's right now.

because the people on this board have an inferiority complex and will make up a lot of stuff to feed that paranoia for some reason.

it's not a complex. It pretty much a fact. The Bills franchise has been and is inferior

it's not a complex. It pretty much a fact. The Bills franchise has been and is inferior

You have to admit though the media overplays that wayyyyy to much.

Its almost sickening everytime i turn on ESPN and the Bills come up, they treat us as the laughing stock of teh NFL.

Yea i know the team is not good, and has not been, and there are questions considering the ownership, but talk about kicking a man while hes down.

The media needs to lighten up a bit, they have helped create this dark cloud over Buffalo, IMHO.

You have to admit though the media overplays that wayyyyy to much.

Its almost sickening everytime i turn on ESPN and the Bills come up, they treat us as the laughing stock of teh NFL.

Yea i know the team is not good, and has not been, and there are questions considering the ownership, but talk about kicking a man while hes down.

The media needs to lighten up a bit, they have helped create this dark cloud over Buffalo, IMHO.

and keep in mind we arent the worst team in the league, though we normally get treated as such by the media for some reason

Hmm, the Skins need a QB, even though they are division rivals. I do not think AZ wants him. The raiders may be the choice just because it is close to his other home. Plus we are not going to break the bank. Al Davis has proven 1000 times over that he would.

What I tried to put in another thread that got closed ...

How can any Bills fan NOT want McNabb?

Easy. He would be, at best, a short term pacifier to keep the fans happier (and buying tickets) during the rest of the rebuild process. In general I do not have a problem with that. But Philly would be looking for things that we cannot afford to give up during this multi-year rebuild process. Namely draft picks. If Philly cut him loose and we signed him as a FA, then fine. But I do not want to mortgage the future and prolong the rebuild process for at best a 2-3 year interim QB on the downside of his career.

What I tried to put in another thread that got closed ...

Easy. He would be, at best, a short term pacifier to keep the fans happier (and buying tickets) during the rest of the rebuild process. In general I do not have a problem with that. But Philly would be looking for things that we cannot afford to give up during this multi-year rebuild process. Namely draft picks. If Philly cut him loose and we signed him as a FA, then fine. But I do not want to mortgage the future and prolong the rebuild process for at best a 2-3 year interim QB on the downside of his career.

He'd also be a mentor for the QB of the future and a valuable leader to a young team.

I hope he gets traded somewhere else and fast. All he would be here is a short term player and he would help sell a few tickets. It wouldn't do any good for the Bills in the long run. Nobody remember Drew Bledsoe?

I hope he gets traded somewhere else and fast. All he would be here is a short term player and he would help sell a few tickets. It wouldn't do any good for the Bills in the long run. Nobody remember Drew Bledsoe?

I understand your comparison, but McNabb has a lot more tread on his tires than Drew did when he rode into Buffalo. I also think McNabb has a more competitive edge that he will spread throughout whatever team he ends up on. I would be happy to see him in Bills blue for the right price (no more than our 2nd round pick).

Some interesting angles (and a new player in the DMac Sweepstakes) from Sal Paolantonio (who seems to be well-connected in Philly):

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/25/a...eam-for-mcnabb/

Paolantonio doesn’t see how at this point the Eagles can bring McNabb back as the starter in 2010 in light of how everything has shaken out.

“They have put Donovan McNabb in a really untenable position where he can’t possibly succeed in 2010 for the Philadelphia Eagles,” said Paolantonio. ”First, he wanted an extension and they didn’t give it to him, and now they might be trying to trade him and may not. How can you try to trade a guy who has no extension beyond this year? You’ve made him the lamest of lame duck quarterbacks. You’ve alienated McNabb. You’ve undermined his authority to lead the team in the locker room. I think going forward if they don’t trade him they’re going to be opening themselves up to all sorts of ridicule and lots of second guessing.”

Paolantonio reiterated the teams that were in the hunt for McNabb’s services, those being the St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos (a team he said that’s now out of it), Cleveland (now out of it too). Then he also mentioned Arizona and Minnesota as possibilities as well as a darkhorse team.

“There’s one team in this that nobody is talking about and that’s the San Francisco 49ers,” he said. ”They have the 13th and 16th pick in the first round and Mike Singletary wants to win that division and believes that he can do it now. I think the 49ers are a team that is worth investigating.”

Paolantonio also stated that the Eagles have to have this situation resolved by the time the draft is over being of the belief that bringing him back after all this brouhaha about being open to moving him.

“They’ve got a month to figure it out,” he said.

Some interesting angles (and a new player in the DMac Sweepstakes) from Sal Paolantonio (who seems to be well-connected in Philly):

I highly doubt any team will give up its first pick for McNabb. As for the 49ers, if they acquire McNabb it will be tantamount to having given up on Alex Smith once and for all.

I do agree with the article that the Eagles may have lost leverage due to the public knowledge that he is being shopped around. Now they pretty much have to take what they can get unless it becomes a bidding war.

I do not understand why he wouldnt want to come here, yet he says he will go to St.Louis. We have a much better roster and we know he doesnt mind the weather.

No QB wants to play in weather if they can avoid it. Farve is the model the older guys are looking at...play in a dome 8 games a year vs. wind/horizontal rain/snow. Not a hard decision to make, actually.

SalPal has been in Philly for a long time; he was an Iggles beat guy before going to ESPN...

Funny that the 49ers are mentioned, since that was the team involved in the fake ESPN report that surfaced two weeks ago. Here's Matt Williamson's take, via Mike Sando:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/...in-the-division