Ann Coulter speech cancelled in Ottawa

I don't know which is worse. Entertainers like her and Rush that rely on those type of things, or the society that finds that entertaining.

But those minions who drool and sit slack jawed while the likes of Bill Maher spew HIS lines of bull **** are A-OK, right?

!@#$ing loser.

From Anni'es latest:

But, reportedly, a Canadian crowd hasn't been this excited since they opened a new Tim Hortons. Local reporters couldn't make out what the crowd was chanting, but it was something about "Molson" and a "sled dog."

LOLOLOLOLOL.

And more....

If a university official's letter accusing a speaker of having a proclivity to commit speech crimes before she's given the speech – which then leads to Facebook postings demanding that Ann Coulter be hurt, a massive riot and a police-ordered cancellation of the speech – is not hate speech, then there is no such thing as hate speech.

Either Francois goes to jail or the Human Rights Commission is a hoax and a fraud.

POINT...SET....MATCH.

My sentiments exactly. There are brilliant conservative minds out there, capable of eloquently speaking on the subject like Ron Paul. Instead, these universities go for shock value and hire this uneducated, horse-faced b!tch.

To you, offending muslims with a stupid racially tinged joke is call for outrage, but calling a women a "horse-faced B word" is not only fine but something you actually do. Here's a top ten list of the 10 most disgusting attacks on conservative women...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/colleen-raezl...-conservative-w

...hate speech against women apparently is ok for you and all of your slimeball liberal buddies as long as it's against "conservative" women. You're all a bunch of classless hypocrites.

Coulter is pretty typical of the right wing journalists...racist and mean spirited. Its not like the school in Ottawa should have been surprised.

Wow . . .you've obviously never seen Keith Olbermann nor Rachel Maddow nor any other misogynistic, hate-spewing left wing journalist residing on PMSNBC

Wow . . .you've obviously never seen Keith Olbermann nor Rachel Maddow nor any other misogynistic, hate-spewing left wing journalist residing on PMSNBC

Yes, but I agree with their point of view and all they are trying do is what's best for you.

Is "But... But... Look over there!" really a defense?

Does the fact that there are other idiots in the world make one particular idiot somehow less objectionable?

Does the fact that there are other idiots in the world make one particular idiot somehow less objectionable?

The short answer is no, but it does illustrate hypocrisy.

Its not a defense, but apparently it's the Obama blueprint for spending justification.

Yes. If enough people do something frequently enough, that something will become more acceptable to the general public. Even if that something is crass and boorish behavior.

To you, offending muslims with a stupid racially tinged joke is call for outrage, but calling a women a "horse-faced B word" is not only fine but something you actually do. Here's a top ten list of the 10 most disgusting attacks on conservative women...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/colleen-raezl...-conservative-w

...hate speech against women apparently is ok for you and all of your slimeball liberal buddies as long as it's against "conservative" women. You're all a bunch of classless hypocrites.

Apparently, reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for you as I've stated my reasons for disliking Ann Coulter being a conservative myself...but hey, don't let that get in the way of a good rant.

And here's a story from CBC desputing Ann's claims that police shut down her event when in fact it was her organizers that called the event off due to "threats" of facebook. Seems to me that this was just another one of her well-orchestrated events to call more attention to herself.

I guess me and my "liberal slimeball buddies" will have a good laugh about that.

But those minions who drool and sit slack jawed while the likes of Bill Maher spew HIS lines of bull **** are A-OK, right?

!@#$ing loser.

From Anni'es latest:

But, reportedly, a Canadian crowd hasn't been this excited since they opened a new Tim Hortons. Local reporters couldn't make out what the crowd was chanting, but it was something about "Molson" and a "sled dog."

LOLOLOLOLOL.

And more....

If a university official's letter accusing a speaker of having a proclivity to commit speech crimes before she's given the speech – which then leads to Facebook postings demanding that Ann Coulter be hurt, a massive riot and a police-ordered cancellation of the speech – is not hate speech, then there is no such thing as hate speech.

Either Francois goes to jail or the Human Rights Commission is a hoax and a fraud.

POINT...SET....MATCH.

I love her false attack in trying to point Francois Houle as some sort of purveyor of injustice. All he did (and if you look for it, you can find the PDF of the letter) is send her the same form letter he sends ALL controversial speakers (left wing and right wing) that reminds them that hate speech laws are significantly different in Canada and to be careful of what you say lest you be charged. But anything to make Ann the martyr of free speech right?

More press distortion.

The comments she made were to a student that asked what should Muslims who are on the no fly list do.

Just like the "so called " racial and sexual slurs supposedly yelled at Barney Frank and the black congressman the other day. There are 3 or 4 videos of their walk and NONE have any slurs on them. You can bet if there were slurs, they would be played over and over.

Wat news are you watching, even my local news ran the clip showing all three incidents.

Education BAD! Burn Books! Burn School! Bad Education, BAD! :blink:

Relax there sparky. I just think the schooling that Pelosi, Obama and the rest of them received obviously either didn't take or it was more akin to brainwashing.

Relax there sparky. I just think the schooling that Pelosi, Obama and the rest of them received obviously either didn't take or it was more akin to brainwashing.

So in your opinion, education (Indoctrination) is good if it results in people developing a set of ideals and beliefs that march in lickstep with your ideals and beliefs.

But Education (Brainwashing) is bad if it results in people developing a set of ideals and beliefs that differ frem your ideals and beliefs.

Did I decipher that correctly Blinky? Who was the Dirty Commie in this discussion again?

So in your opinion, education (Indoctrination) is good if it results in people developing a set of ideals and beliefs that march in lickstep with your ideals and beliefs.

But Education (Brainwashing) is bad if it results in people developing a set of ideals and beliefs that differ frem your ideals and beliefs.

Did I decipher that correctly Blinky? Who was the Dirty Commie in this discussion again?

My beliefs are in the US Constitution. Individual freedom. Self determination. Balanced government budgets. The absence of government intrusion in my life and bank account. The current crop of highly educated individuals in power now hardly reflect that. So all im saying is if their education is what got them in power, you can keep that kind of education. The lucky parents that spawned the likes of Pelosi and Obama should have saved their money. Pelosi should be waiting tables and Obama should be working for the UAW somewhere sweeping floors. No tuition required to get that kind of job. Obviously, to me anyway, I was not trashing the education system as a whole.

My beliefs are in the US Constitution. Individual freedom. Self determination. Balanced government budgets. The absence of government intrusion in my life and bank account. The current crop of highly educated individuals in power now hardly reflect that. So all im saying is if their education is what got them in power, you can keep that kind of education. The lucky parents that spawned the likes of Pelosi and Obama should have saved their money. Pelosi should be waiting tables and Obama should be working for the UAW somewhere sweeping floors. No tuition required to get that kind of job. Obviously, to me anyway, I was not trashing the education system as a whole.

So either you don't believe that anyone who has a opinion that differs from yours on how to best achieve the "American Dream" believes in the US Constitution, Individual freedom, & Self determination. Or you think the previous administration believed in balanced government budgets and the absence of government intrusion in our lives and bank accounts.

But me guess is that you actually believe both of those things.

That's sort of sad, Blinky, it really is.

So either you don't believe that anyone who has a opinion that differs from yours on how to best achieve the "American Dream" believes in the US Constitution, Individual freedom, & Self determination. Or you think the previous administration believed in balanced government budgets and the absence of government intrusion in our lives and bank accounts.

Y'know, the more time I spend following the political arena, the more the game slows down for me. And the more it slows down for me, the easier it is to root out canned, useless, boilerplate liberal rhetoric like you wrote above. There are a lot of reasons liberals are about to get their asses kicked this year, and one of them is that people like myself have admitted our mistakes of our political past -- blindly following a party line with little or no accountability -- while people like yourself have nothing in your bag except comments that start with "...but the previous administration."

It reminds me of the old joke of the ugly guy (liberal) who approaches the fat guy (mindless Republican) and says "Man, are you fat," to which the fat guy responds, "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and at least tomorrow I can go on a diet."

What's really telling, though, is that you think it's sad to believe in things like the constitution, individual freedoms....

Lickstep...not sure it that was intentional or not but I like it. :rolleyes:

I love her false attack in trying to point Francois Houle as some sort of purveyor of injustice. All he did (and if you look for it, you can find the PDF of the letter) is send her the same form letter he sends ALL controversial speakers (left wing and right wing) that reminds them that hate speech laws are significantly different in Canada and to be careful of what you say lest you be charged. But anything to make Ann the martyr of free speech right?

Lets see some claim from Houle, himself about that, please.

Y'know, the more time I spend following the political arena, the more the game slows down for me. And the more it slows down for me, the easier it is to root out canned, useless, boilerplate liberal rhetoric like you wrote above. There are a lot of reasons liberals are about to get their asses kicked this year, and one of them is that people like myself have admitted our mistakes of our political past -- blindly following a party line with little or no accountability -- while people like yourself have nothing in your bag except comments that start with "...but the previous administration."

It reminds me of the old joke of the ugly guy (liberal) who approaches the fat guy (mindless Republican) and says "Man, are you fat," to which the fat guy responds, "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and at least tomorrow I can go on a diet."

What's really telling, though, is that you think it's sad to believe in things like the constitution, individual freedoms....

I really don't know what the funniest part of your post is:

Could it be the part where one of the biggest regurgitators of GOP Talking Points on this board accuses someone else of using "canned, useless, boilerplate liberal rhetoric?" Well, you are an expert on the conservative side of that subject so I guess you should be able to spot someone engaging in your favorite activity. Except that you FAILED again.

Could it be the part where you claim "that people like myself have admitted our mistakes of our political past -- blindly following a party line with little or no accountability?" Yep, your posts clearly illustrate your ability to distinguish between party rhetoric and reality...

Could it be the fact that you end by accusing me of something I never said? Nah, you've never done that before.

Nope, the funniest part of your post is the fact that you seem to think somebody, somewhere is going to take you seriously.

Not Today Blinky.

I'm not sure what point you are actually trying to make. It sounds like you are saying that he believes in the US Constitution, individual freedom & self determination but if someone differs with him about that but believes in the US Constitution, individual freedom & self determination that his thinking is sort of sad. Just so I understand, do you believe in the US Constitution, individual freedom and self determination? I'd hate to find out that I'm debating someone whose beliefs are conservative and fall in line with my own beliefs.

I really don't know what the funniest part of your post is:

Could it be the part where one of the biggest regurgitators of GOP Talking Points on this board accuses someone else of using "canned, useless, boilerplate liberal rhetoric?" Well, you are an expert on the conservative side of that subject so I guess you should be able to spot someone engaging in your favorite activity. Except that you FAILED again.

Could it be the part where you claim "that people like myself have admitted our mistakes of our political past -- blindly following a party line with little or no accountability?" Yep, your posts clearly illustrate your ability to distinguish between party rhetoric and reality...

Could it be the fact that you end by accusing me of something I never said? Nah, you've never done that before.

Nope, the funniest part of your post is the fact that you seem to think somebody, somewhere is going to take you seriously.

Not Today Blinky.

Thanks for taking me seriously with your response. Tell us again how sad it is to believe in the constitution and individual freedoms. Those talking points are just so stale, aren't they?

I'm not sure what point you are actually trying to make. It sounds like you are saying that he believes in the US Constitution, individual freedom & self determination but if someone differs with him about that but believes in the US Constitution, individual freedom & self determination that his thinking is sort of sad. Just so I understand, do you believe in the US Constitution, individual freedom and self determination? I'd hate to find out that I'm debating someone whose beliefs are conservative and fall in line with my own beliefs.

What I said was (and is) that he seems to believe that people who hold a different opinion on the best way to achieve the same things he wants to achieve, obviously don't believe in the Constitution, Individual Freedom, and Self Determination.

What I said was (and is) that he seems to believe that people who hold a different opinion on the best way to achieve the same things he wants to achieve, obviously don't believe in the Constitution, Individual Freedom, and Self Determination.

You have a strange way of stating your beliefs. I guess if those beliefs stem from the flavor of the liberal day that your heroes like Ed Schultz espouse you instinctively want to be obtuse.