UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

I did not like the topic. Draft Tebow he will be great or not he will suck? I do not want the Bills to draft him but I do not think he will suck. I did not like the topic. Draft Tebow he will be great or not he will suck? I do not want the Bills to draft him but I do not think he will suck. We have too many other needs at this time to waste on not a top 5 QB.

Hey, you better change your password...I think a 6th grader hacked into your account.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebows not a huge risk. Most Qb's take 2-3 years to develop. so will tebow.

Seriously, Tebow is not a huge risk? When everyone besides Jim Kelly believe he is a project. Consensus is out, it is not a debate. To a man everyone agrees he needs to change throwing motion, feet, ability to read defenses, ability to look off safeties, etc....and he doesn't have a gun to overcome mistakes...The word is out Maxx - he is a project. And a project with that many tools that need developed = risk. So therefore big project = big risk...It isn't as if he is being debated. There aren't people out there fighting to defend his QB abilities...The only debate is whether or not he could develop into a NFL QB based on his leadership and athletic ability....Project...Risk...And the bills can't afford another project QB.

Okay by me. I just asked this question on another thread. I would not chance a high pick on a guy that has to learn to throw all over again. Does anybody on this board know of anyone who has suceeded in the NFL after having to change their "mechanics" so drastically?

Tony Romo. He even used the same coach to change his mechanics that Tebow is using.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/01/1505...nk=omni_popular

Tony Romo. He even used the same coach to change his mechanics that Tebow is using.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/01/1505...nk=omni_popular

Good info.

Keep in mind, Romo spent 3 years collecting dust on the bench. If that's the model, do the Bills have 4 years to wait for Tebow to develop?

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

Poor accuracy? His worst year he threw 64.4%. Last year he threw 67.8% That is NOT poor accuracy.

As for arm strength, except for the haters on the boards, I have yet to see anyone question it. Walter Football says he has a strong arm, Scout.com says arm strength is a plus. Where have you seen that he has below average arm strength?

Oh, and you say he's slow? Um, which other QBs are faster? He's not slow.

Tebow definitely has some question marks, but you're throwing up some very questionable statements there.

Yeah except the all star game in college is where they are all trying to make lasting impressions and playing for millions of dollars in the pros...and the probowl game is nothing...and nobody cares about it and it doesnt affect the players life...but other than that they are the same...DOPE

And they're playing with recievers they have only played with for four days of practice, with new plays, etc. Particularly when it's one game, and particularly at QB, while it may hurt a bit, it certainly isn't that big a deal, not for a guy who played in the SEC against the best teams in the country for four years and had a sensational career.

Yeah except the all star game in college is where they are all trying to make lasting impressions and playing for millions of dollars in the pros...and the probowl game is nothing...and nobody cares about it and it doesnt affect the players life...but other than that they are the same...DOPE

And they're playing with recievers they have only played with for four days of practice, with new plays, etc. Particularly when it's one game, and particularly at QB, while it may hurt a bit, it certainly isn't that big a deal, not for a guy who played in the SEC against the best teams in the country for four years and had a sensational career.

Tebows not a huge risk. Most Qb's take 2-3 years to develop. so will tebow.

Tebow is likely to take 2 - 3 years before he even sees the field. After that, he is likely to still need time to develop by getting experience, learning to read defenses on the fly, etc.

Tebow is likely to take 2 - 3 years before he even sees the field. After that, he is likely to still need time to develop by getting experience, learning to read defenses on the fly, etc.

Or, he could land in Buffalo and start win the starting job immediately. Not sayin' it'll happen, but with our depth chart (Fanning-Fan, Fitzpatrick, Brohm), it's not that far-fetched to think Tebow could emerge as #1 in an open competition - especially if Gailey decides to install a spread/spread-option offense.

I am all for drafting Tim Tebow. Even with our first round pick. I would be very, very happy about that.

The guy has a better passer rating then some other No. 1 pick QB in the last decade (i am not sure - but i think even than Peyton Manning). And dont tell me now he can not throw a football, because his throwing motion is not 100 % like the picture book.

Of course he is not as good as a passer then P. Manning or C. Palmer....

But the guy is big leader, a general, he would make our offense instantly better und the also the players around him better. Including our o-line.

Everybody knows the Bills will no go to the playoffs next year. At the best we would be competetive in AFC-East. But i think if we Rank 3rd in the AFC-East would be a victory. The guy needs 1 or 2 years. But we will also not win next year with the other QBßs we have. And also expect the nationwide Media-attention we would get if we take und play him.

We habe NO ONE on our Roster which is a standout player. Hopefully J. Byrd was not a fluke. But this guy would be from day one the Buffalo Bills player everyone is talking about. We need such a person.....we could become a Hero here.

I would be surprised if the FO tries to sell T. Edwards again to the fans.

I know we need also LT, LT und WR (and so one)...... i would take Tim Tebow in the first. I bet 20 Dollars he will not be there when we peck in the second. Then i would take a LT in the second and a NT in the 3rd.....

Everybody knows: IT STARTS WITH THE QB. (Look at this years Superbowl New Orleans vs. Indy)

Or, he could land in Buffalo and start win the starting job immediately. Not sayin' it'll happen, but with our depth chart (Fanning-Fan, Fitzpatrick, Brohm), it's not that far-fetched to think Tebow could emerge as #1 in an open competition - especially if Gailey decides to install a spread/spread-option offense.

Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow

Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow

Troll :rolleyes:

You know its going to happen, you know it!!

Troll :rolleyes:

You know it!

You know its going to happen, you know it!!

I already have my anti-depression medication sitting bedside.

This too shall come to pass...Timothy Tebow will become a member of the Buffalo Bills. So it is written, so it shall be.

Guest dog14787

A fan fanning himself on the depth chart as one of our QB's!, dogonit,! what will the Bills do next.!!! :rolleyes:

If Brohm was a Broom and Fitz was a soap box, we could take the Broom, soap box and fan and make an upright vaccum cleaner much like Spangler did a little more then a century ago.

Then maybe we could suck up all the crap around here, clean house if you know what I mean :thumbsup:

Seriously, Tebow is not a huge risk? When everyone besides Jim Kelly believe he is a project. Consensus is out, it is not a debate. To a man everyone agrees he needs to change throwing motion, feet, ability to read defenses, ability to look off safeties, etc....and he doesn't have a gun to overcome mistakes...The word is out Maxx - he is a project. And a project with that many tools that need developed = risk. So therefore big project = big risk...It isn't as if he is being debated. There aren't people out there fighting to defend his QB abilities...The only debate is whether or not he could develop into a NFL QB based on his leadership and athletic ability....Project...Risk...And the bills can't afford another project QB.

Quite to the contrary - another guy who doesn't think TT's such a "huge risk" is our nemesis Bill Belicheat*, who happens to have three 2nd-round picks, including Jacksonville's #12 spot (#44 overall). Would he* use one of those to draft Tom Brady's* eventual replacement? Belicheat* certainly has the luxury of 2-3 more years of starting Brady* while developing Tebow and, being a very close friend of Urban Meyer, has visited the Gators camp many times and already developed something of a relationship with Tebow...

Link - Belicheat* calls Tebow ‘great’

BB* doesn't seem all that concerned about TT's 'mechanics, either...

Patriots coach Bill Belicheat* said last week at the owners meetings that he* wasn’t concerned about Tebow having to work on his throwing motion.

“Tiger Woods has rebuilt his golf swing twice. Every quarterback I’ve* ever had or coached has worked on his mechanics and improved them. Phil Simms, certainly {Jeff] Hostetler, [Tom] Brady*. I* can’t think of many that haven’t. It’s part of a player’s development,” Belicheat* said.

(Link - Tim Tebow opens up tight-lipped coach)

Interestingly enough, some have suggested Tebow might be better suited or at least initially moved to Tight End, and the Cheatriettes* just happen to need one...

There’s been plenty of talk about Tebow possibly switching to another position in the pros. Belicheat* believes Tebow’s willingness will serve him well at the next level.

“My* sense of Tim Tebow is that if you asked him to play nose, he’d play nose. I* think he’s that kind of kid. Whatever you ask him to do, I* think he’d do,” Belicheat* told reporters.

(Link - Patriots'* Bill Belicheat* offers glowing praise of Tim Tebow)

As SI's Tim Layden wrote...

Link - The Tebow experiment is inevitable

So the question is, are the Bills going to be the trailblazers? Is Tebow going to usher in the next Bills dynasty and take us from cellar-dweller to Superbowl contender? Or, 3 years from now, will the Cheatriettes* still own us, and will we be moaning, "Crap, why can't the Bills get players like Tim Tebow?"

we know he only speaks the truth, don't we?

Yeah, I know, BeerSphere - but have we ever known Tony Dungy to also be a recidivist liar???

Link - Tony Dungy: Tim Tebow is a first-round draft pick in the NFL

I just have this sinking feeling that, if the Bills don't grab Tebow with their #41 pick, the Patsies* will use one of their* three 2nd round picks on him - especially now that they've* solved their* tight end problem...

Link - The Patriots* have officially signed TE Alge Crumpler

EDIT - I know anything Belicheat* says should be taken with a 'grain of salt', but here's 2 more guys that we don't deem deliberately deceitful...

Link - John Fox: Tim Tebow has a 'very, very good workout' for NFL scouts (some pretty nice praise from Mike Holmgren in there, too)

Link - Sam Wyche: 'Somebody is going to be called a genius for taking' Tim Tebow in NFL draft

Buddy Nix = Genius????

We'll see.

Hahahahahahaaaaaa. For your viewing pleasure, here's New England's reaction to Thurman Thomas deciding to have a little fun with Twitter. The setup: "Tim Tebow having dinner with Tom Brady tomorrow in Boston.... Stay Tuned"

The fallout: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%40thurmanthomas

From one Boston TV guy: "I'm reminded of why I HATED those Bills teams "

:rolleyes:

Hahahahahahaaaaaa. For your viewing pleasure, here's New England's reaction to Thurman Thomas deciding to have a little fun with Twitter. The setup: "Tim Tebow having dinner with Tom Brady tomorrow in Boston.... Stay Tuned"

The fallout: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%40thurmanthomas

From one Boston TV guy: "I'm reminded of why I HATED those Bills teams "

:thumbsup:

Did you see Thurman's post a few minutes ago? "Watch your language, blimp gut." :rolleyes:

Did you see Thurman's post a few minutes ago? "Watch your language, blimp gut." :rolleyes:

He was replying to some Boston chick who called him an (expletive deleted), so I'll take his side on that one. :thumbsup:

He deffenently will not last till round 5. I think if you realy want him, you gotta trade back into the second and scoop him or forever lose the next greatest warrior in NFL history!!!

Yeah and warriors win SB's????? Would you call the Mannings, Brady, or Brees warriors? They are more geeks than warriors.

Were you actually trying to spell definitely? Maybe the schools are as bad as they say...

Yeah and warriors win SB's????? Would you call the Mannings, Brady, or Brees warriors? They are more geeks than warriors.

Were you actually trying to spell definitely? Maybe the schools are as bad as they say...

wow . . . just wow

Of course it was a ruse. They are probably hoping some team as historically mismanaged as the Bills will try to trade for one of their second round picks in exchange for later/future picks.

So we just keep an eye on where Tebow doesn't go and then we'll know where he's going to end up?

So we just keep an eye on where Tebow doesn't go and then we'll know where he's going to end up?

Or you could just keep track of the teams he does visit and he will go to them, all of them, he has the power!