DEBUNKED rumor: Porter visiting Buffalo Tuesday

Sal Capaccio was on sirius radio saying Joey Porter is reportedly scheduled to visit Buffalo on Tuesday. He said he knows Bills fans have been over anxious for activity so this should help. He said he would update via mobile as soon as he has the chance. Will Porter be like all the other visits last year and say thanks but no thanks, or do we not let him leave w/o signing a contract? Thoughts?

Edited to add:

I was NOT on SIRIUS Radio today. I have no information regarding Joey Porter and the Bills. If he is meeting w/them I know nothing about it.

http://twitter.com/SalSports/statuses/10138124168

Edited by Lori

Sal Capaccio was on sirius radio saying Joey Porter is reportedly scheduled to visit Buffalo on Tuesday. He said he knows Bills fans have been over anxious for activity so this should help. He said he would update via mobile as soon as he has the chance. Will Porter be like all the other visits last year and say thanks but no thanks, or do we not let him leave w/o signing a contract? Thoughts?

If the Bills offer him a contract I think he'll sign it. He would love to have two shots a year at Miami. JMO

Now that is a guy I would love to have. Nasty attitude, massive chip on his shoulder and solid production. Also he could teach Maybin a thing or two like how to eat a steak.

That's true, not only can he still rush the passer, but he can mentor Maybin, and maybe even chris ellis.

With a switchover to the 3-4 it'll be important to have Porter here, coaching up Maybin and whatever RD3-4-5 OLB they draft, continuing to ramp up attitude as well. :blush:

Foote is a MLB, so I'd rather have Porter here.

this would be a good signing to groom or youngsters behind, and the signing should allow us to drop Kelsay

With a projected move of Schobel to OLB and Ellis ...and Maybin,, .this looks more like schobel is likely to retire ( or

gets traded),,if he doesnt im not sure where Porter fits ,,, we need inside help more it seems IMO ,,, but were going

to have a huge hole now at DE unless Williams goes outside then whos the NT ??

Don't be surprised if Akin Ayodele doesn't visit Tuesday either. But you didn't hear that from me :blush:

From what I was just told a few minutes ago, this week will erase people's complaints about the Bills not being active.

I just love Deep Within...

Ayodele was the Fins' Man of the Year in 2009, was third in tackles, and would in all likelihood be ILB next to Poz. which leaves Mitchell high and dry and Spikes-Norwood less likely at RD2 and RD3.

I just love Deep Within...

Ayodele was the Fins' Man of the Year in 2009, was third in tackles, and would in all likelihood be ILB next to Poz. which leaves Mitchell high and dry and Spikes-Norwood less likely at RD2 and RD3.

More like "down the road" from within :blush:

To put a damper on things, I just heard that Tony Pashos signed with the Browns. The Bills really need to start focusing on bringing in some talent to the O-Line. Adam Terry needs to be brought in for an interview, I feel like a change of scenery would do him good.

If it was 2005 I would be pumped...

Iagree I hope he/we pass. his gas tank is empty! He was non-existent for a bunch of games last year. Why would parcells get rid of him? Miami was hurting for LB's

Iagree I hope he/we pass. his gas tank is empty! He was non-existent for a bunch of games last year. Why would parcells get rid of him? Miami was hurting for LB's

There are a lot of bad feelings there, it wasn't necessarily a decision based on ability. This guy could be the difference between a strong defense and a sorry one. Who's going to play LOLB, Maybin?

To put a damper on things, I just heard that Tony Pashos signed with the Browns. The Bills really need to start focusing on bringing in some talent to the O-Line. Adam Terry needs to be brought in for an interview, I feel like a change of scenery would do him good.

How's Terry's knee? And I might be more interested in Ayodele than Porter at this point.

As for not doing anything on opening weekend, someone else can give guys like Nate Burleson a crapload of guaranteed money. Didn't hear the Steelers do much of anything, as usual -- other than Roethlisberger, anyway. <_< That's the model the Bills need to follow, even if it doesn't lead to double-digit wins this season.

Pashos would have been a good get.

Give him a 3 year 12 million dollar offer take it or leave it not much guaranteed so about 4 million a year. Also for depth sign Akin Ayolde to backup the MLB position Mitchel is coming off a season ending injury and Poz gets hurt a lot so we are going to need another MLB. Also to boost the D-Line Jarvis Green and Jamal Williams.

How's Terry's knee? And I might be more interested in Ayodele than Porter at this point.

As for not doing anything on opening weekend, someone else can give guys like Nate Burleson a crapload of guaranteed money. Didn't hear the Steelers do much of anything, as usual -- other than Roethlisberger, anyway. :blush: That's the model the Bills need to follow, even if it doesn't lead to double-digit wins this season.

here is what the steelers were up to . I agree they are a good model to follow

from pfw Steelers coaching staff spends weekend on retreat

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 7, 2010 11:40 AM ET

Some coaching staffs spent the weekend wining and dining free agents. Or showing up at their houses.

The Steelers coaches hung out together on a "weekend retreat" at a Pittsburgh-area mountain resort.

The team-building exercise makes sense on a few levels. The team takes a measured approach to free agency, so the coaches weren't going to be busy yet anyhow. Plus there are many new members to a Steelers staff which also includes an offensive coordinator that nearly got booted.

Mike Tomlin's crew will be back in town Monday, when they will meet with wide receiver Arnaz Battle.

Imagine if we sign Porter and trade Schobel to the saints for Jammal Brown. Then we could use #9 on a QB or even McClain. Rd 2 go a DT or RT, rd 3 take the other. Grab another OLB or WR in rd 4. Would be a good start to rebuilding this team IMO...

Just say no. Over the hill and now injury prone.

Sorry, I suppose this could happen but I call BS. Why would this be a secret? You won't find word one about this aside from this guy Sal.

Does it serve Porter to keep his where abouts a secret?

Does it serve the Bills to keep future visists a secret?

For the record...give me Ayodele

My personal opinion is that Joey Porter helps this team, and at a minimum is good for 6-7 sacks if he stays healthy. The problem is Porter has become a liability against the run.

My friend who is an avid Dolphins fan said he's okay for generating the pass rush, but sucks vs. the run and mixed in with his bad attitude he was happy to see him leave. Don't forget there were reports of him refusing to leave the field last year when the coached wanted him subbed out. I don't think that behavior will fly with our new staff. Nonetheless the Bills are desperate for some 3-4 talent and I think Porter has enough left in the tank to produce for another 2 years.

With that said, I'm thinking Porter probably values himself a lot more than NFL GM"S do, and is probably asking for entirely too much.

Sal hasn't even confirmed this himself. I've only seen on poster who claimed to hear Sal say it. Also, Sal posts all the time on BillsZone and he hasn't said a peep about it over there either. I'm calling BS on this one. The poster who started this thread also started a ridiculous rumor that Cowher had a 1 year deal in place with the Bills.

Sal hasn't even confirmed this himself. I've only seen on poster who claimed to hear Sal say it. Also, Sal posts all the time on BillsZone and he hasn't said a peep about it over there either. I'm calling BS on this one. The poster who started this thread also started a ridiculous rumor that Cowher had a 1 year deal in place with the Bills.

Upon further review, you are absolutely correct, and thanks for pointing that out. Just dropped an e-mail to Sal; if he confirms that the OP is full of shinola, the banning will be immediate and permanent.

That is actually what I expected from this organization this year......nothing flashy but looking for bargains in the second week after the smoke had cleared from the opening days of free agency....

I mean....lets face it most of the guys that have been taken were not going to come here anyway.......I can see the fans jumping from the Falls from Hemet...:blush: