Don't trade Marshawn

You can't trade the Beast! It just wouldn't be right. He's had his problems, but who didn't last year (except for a very rare few)? Beast Mode epitomizes the Buffalo Bills. Tough, rugged, not easily taken down, punishing.

Build the lines and let him take a few opponents down!

You can't trade the Beast! It just wouldn't be right. He's had his problems, but who didn't last year (except for a very rare few)? Beast Mode epitomizes the Buffalo Bills. Tough, rugged, not easily taken down, punishing.

all true except he seems to have a tough time hitting the hole quickly like Jackson does and he is a below average receiver.

I totally agree with you, but on swing passes, pitch outs, he's a beast.

And absolutely no better than someone we could pick up in the 4th or 5th round - or FA for that matter.

He is NOT an elite NFL back. No way. And, he's a punk to boot.

The Bills would receive at highest a 4th round pick for him, he is one incident away from a 16 game suspension. Not even Al Davis is that stupid.

Epitomize the Buffalo Bills? Tough? Rugged? Not easily taken down? While those are all true qualities about Marshawn there isn't a single other player on this team that fits that description. The Buffalo Bills are a soft, often injured team with absolutely no fire whatsoever.

Marshawn epitomizes the irony of the Levy "character players only" era. Marv not only picked two sucky players in the first round he picked two players who would face criminal charges within 18 months of their drafting.

Rb's have the shortest lifespan in the NFL. Marshawn showed some promise, but if you can get a 2nd rounder (or maybe even a very high 3rd) for him you pull the trigger. Get a young burner out of college to compliment Jackson. you can't have marshawn and jackson getting older together imo.

Rb's have the shortest lifespan in the NFL. Marshawn showed some promise, but if you can get a 2nd rounder (or maybe even a very high 3rd) for him you pull the trigger. Get a young burner out of college to compliment Jackson. you can't have marshawn and jackson getting older together imo.

You're right. But I doubt we can get even a 3rd rounder for him. That's why I think keeping him is the best move.

Lynch made a mistake in bulking up last season what ever he gained in power he lost more in quickness- he might be worth a 2nd round pick if SD can't get the RB of their choice in the 1st round.

Lynch has the most trade value after San Diego picks at RD1#28, but probably for a RD3. Say Miami goes with Dan Williams and Seattle doesn't take Spiller in RD1 (opting for Clausen). San Diego could end up with hoping Jahvid Best (ironically also from Cal) fallls to them at #60, but he's more likely to go earlier (our guess is #40 to Seattle). As soon as Jahvid Best is taken, Lynch becomes trade bait. If San Diego wants a good RB, one of their best options is Lynch, especially since they have a decent OLine and they'll see less "dancing" from Lynch.

San Diego has other needs to address first (DE, CB) so it'd be good for them to trade their RD3#91, not their RD2#60. The Bills would be wise to take care of their NT-LB-QB needs with their own picks, and pick up a complement for Jackson at RD5, RD6, or RD7.

San Diego might take

RD1--Wootton DE

RD2---Cook CB

RD3 (Lynch)

RD4--Hodge WR

Buffalo might take

RD1--Bryan Bulaga OT

RD2--Brandon Spikes ILB

RD3--Dan LeFevour QB

RD3--Jason Fox OT

RD4--Cam Thomas NT

RD5--Sheffield OLB or Charles Scott RB

RD6-- Schofield OLB or James Starks RB

RD6--Linval Joseph DE

RD7--Blair White WR

RD7--Antonio Brown WR

The other possibility is Houston for their RD3#81.

His on the Field Performance does not translate to keeping him with is off field Baggage, Let the PUNK go Trade him NOW

Did he give you $20 to say that?

I don't think we have the luxury of trading anyone other than from the DB corps.

I say keep him another year. Why create another hole on the roster. He is only 24 with a 2M cap figure. He put up solid numbers his first two years in the league. His off the field stuff will make him questionable as trade bait. I seriously doubt AJ Smith is giving up his 3rd pick for a RB when he can get Willie Parker or Justin Fargas to share the load with Sproles.

jackson is the lead back now, we can find guys to take the additional 8-12 carries a game . Trade lynch

If we're willing to give up the dream of drafting everybody we need this year (like a QB in RD3), Ben Tate would look awesome and a thunder and lightning combo with Jackson. We already have a RD3 QB on our roster--let's pull the trigger on Lynch for Tate.

What makes this guy a "Beast"? I've seen him get stood up at the line of scrimmage way too many times to dote on him. He's a pretty good back with a lot of baggage, a thug mentality, and he's one slip away from a long suspension. If we could get some value for him we should get it while the gettings good.

Sounds like you are one of his homies smokin weed with him.

Don't trade him, cut his ass. The guy is a waste, just like Willis McGayhole was.

Would you use a first round draft pick to choose Marshawn Lynch today?

If you wouldn't why would anybody else?

People seem to forget that Lynch doesn't even turn 24 until mid-April. They also seem to forget that he's been in the league 3 years and has two 1,000 yd seasons. Jackson is a good back but he's 29. All I hear about is that running backs hit the wall at 30. I'm sure someone will make the argument that he hasn't taken the repeated pounding that most 29 yr old NFL backs have, but you can be sure that busting his hump as a journeyman for all those years took its toll on his body. That being said, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that moving Lynch in any manner is a good thing for this football team. Unless he breaks the law again, of course.

You would be luckey to get a 4th or 5th for him. He has no value on the trade market. Just keep him and see if he can play his way back onto the team. We'll get nothing for him on the trade market. He's as valuable as Trent Edwards.

People seem to forget that Lynch doesn't even turn 24 until mid-April. They also seem to forget that he's been in the league 3 years and has two 1,000 yd seasons.

1000 yards for a feature back isn't but so amazing a feat. I'd trade Lynch for a 5th rounder and a stick of gum.

1000 yards for a feature back isn't but so amazing a feat. I'd trade Lynch for a 5th rounder and a stick of gum.

I think it's pretty amazing for a Buffalo Bills RB to get a 1000 yards in the last 3 years. No QB, no line and stinking inept coaches!

If we're willing to give up the dream of drafting everybody we need this year (like a QB in RD3), Ben Tate would look awesome and a thunder and lightning combo with Jackson. We already have a RD3 QB on our roster--let's pull the trigger on Lynch for Tate.

You should apply for the "director to the assistant to the GM" or some sort of position at OBD.

I don't know how your picks work out but I amazed at the depth and breadth of your research !! :blush:

you make a good argument for him to stay in Buffalo. The only problem is......................He is a thug!! He can't stay out of trouble in the off season. Unless you have someone follow him around every day all day he will be in the news soon enough for pushing some old lady off of a cliff for her gold wheels. I'm not saying he is not worth keeping, I think it Freddy's turn to show he's the true #1 for buffalo. Bring in Lynch to pummel the D at the end of the game :beer:

People seem to forget that Lynch doesn't even turn 24 until mid-April. They also seem to forget that he's been in the league 3 years and has two 1,000 yd seasons. Jackson is a good back but he's 29. All I hear about is that running backs hit the wall at 30. I'm sure someone will make the argument that he hasn't taken the repeated pounding that most 29 yr old NFL backs have, but you can be sure that busting his hump as a journeyman for all those years took its toll on his body. That being said, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that moving Lynch in any manner is a good thing for this football team. Unless he breaks the law again, of course.

1000 yards equals about 65 yards per game. Not that impressive anymore.