Rich Gannon on Sirius Today Talking About Maybin

Rico

Don't see this anywhere on here, just an FYI...

Gannon covered some of the Bills games for CBS. Perry Fewell told him that the Bills were very disappointed in Maybin, that he was pretty slow to pick things up. He also asked Pos about him, and Pos said Maybin really needs to put more effort into studying.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon covered some of the Bills games for CBS. Perry Fewell told him that the Bills were very disappointed in Maybin, that he was pretty slow to pick things up. He also asked Pos about him, and Pos said Maybin really needs to put more effort into studying.

Just think, we took him ahead of Cushing, Mathews and Orakpo. Stupidity layed on top of stupidity.

Just think, we took him ahead of Cushing, Mathews and Orakpo. Stupidity layed on top of stupidity.
Some Bills fan called asking about going OT at #9 this year, that's what started the conversation. Schein and Gannon both said it was a bungled pick, Oher was the obvious choice.

It's really sad when pathetic organizations make dumb decisions. Ralph has no one but himself to blame - he didn't want to pay a real GM last year, so the marketing guru deferred to the beleaguered coach who tried to hit a home run with the Maybin pick.

You'd think that an undersized player like Maybin would devote himself to studying the game to give himself a better chance to be successful, but alas, no.

All of that said, the kid is still young, and he could turn himself around a la Moulds. Then again, he could be cut this July. Stranger things have happened.

Dick Levy got a pass for about two years because their predecessor drafted poorly in 04-05. So, doesn't it stand to reason that Buddy Gailey are given a mulligan because Dick Levy weren't all that good from about 06-08? That, and their first pick in 09 isn't looking good at this early juncture.

Maybin's been passed off as a DJ pick, but I find it hard to believe he had that kind of authority when he was left out of the inner circle.

LMAO I don't think the Maybin lovers are going to like hearing it. BTW Fewell says the guy wasn't that good? Wow. And Poz is saying the guy needs to step it up? Double wow. In a non cap year I would honestly just cut his ass and move on. The guy never should have been drafted in the first round esp where he was drafted.

Dick Levy got a pass for about two years because their predecessor drafted poorly in 04-05. So, doesn't it stand to reason that Buddy Gailey are given a mulligan because Dick Levy weren't all that good from about 06-08? That, and their first pick in 09 isn't looking good at this early juncture.

Maybin's been passed off as a DJ pick, but I find it hard to believe he had that kind of authority when he was left out of the inner circle.

It is not surprising that when a high pick (in the short run) doesn't work out fingers are going to be pointing outward. Modrak has claimed that he rated Cushing higher than Maybin. Nix, who was in his first year back as a scout with the Bills, emphatically stated that he would never draft a one year college wonder. More than one member of the local press have stated that OBD was leaking that the Maybin pick was a Jauron pick.

The Maybin pick is a product of the clueless Ralph Wilson school of diffused management. In his weird organizational structure he built a system in which no one in particular was accountable.

In my view the Maybin pick was a bad pick for us. But that doesn't mean that he won't be a good player for us in the right defensive scheme and with the right amount of coaching. I like the fact that Gailey is going with a version of the 3-4 defensive scheme which is much more suited for his skill set. The real issue with Maybin is not his physical skill set as much as his mental skill set. The book on him is still very open. I hope for the best.

LMAO I don't think the Maybin lovers are going to like hearing it. BTW Fewell says the guy wasn't that good? Wow. And Poz is saying the guy needs to step it up? Double wow. In a non cap year I would honestly just cut his ass and move on. The guy never should have been drafted in the first round esp where he was drafted.

As an unabashed PENN STATE fan, this may surprise you, but I agree. Not 'cause Maybin "sucks" (he did just complete one year, so I think it's a bit early to pull the plug on his entire career), but 'cause he didn't have that many starts and only got his chance to shine due to another player's suspension. He's very young and inexperienced and as last year attests to, he has much to learn.

Anyone who scouts football as a profession and had Maybin ranked higher than Orakpo should be fired.

JMO.

Since each and every team in the league passed on Tom Brady when they let him slip to the 6th round, there should be mass firings then. After all, the NFL Draft is an exact science and all.

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

the pick is over...we/they did it...time to move on and concentrate on maybin becoming the type of player he needs to become

If you live in this org's past decisions, it'll drive you nuts. Let it go. Build FROM here on.

It is not surprising that when a high pick (in the short run) doesn't work out fingers are going to be pointing outward. Modrak has claimed that he rated Cushing higher than Maybin. Nix, who was in his first year back as a scout with the Bills, emphatically stated that he would never draft a one year college wonder. More than one member of the local press have stated that OBD was leaking that the Maybin pick was a Jauron pick.

The Maybin pick is a product of the clueless Ralph Wilson school of diffused management. In his weird organizational structure he built a system in which no one in particular was accountable.

In my view the Maybin pick was a bad pick for us. But that doesn't mean that he won't be a good player for us in the right defensive scheme and with the right amount of coaching. I like the fact that Gailey is going with a version of the 3-4 defensive scheme which is much more suited for his skill set. The real issue with Maybin is not his physical skill set as much as his mental skill set. The book on him is still very open. I hope for the best.

Patrick Willis...AJ Hawk...Brian Cushing...all favored by somebody in the Bills War Room. Rolando McClain in RD1 or Spikes in RD2 this year, anyone?

As an unabashed PENN STATE fan, this may surprise you, but I agree. Not 'cause Maybin "sucks" (he did just complete one year, so I think it's a bit early to pull the plug on his entire career), but 'cause he didn't have that many starts and only got his chance to shine due to another player's suspension. He's very young and inexperienced and as last year attests to, he has much to learn.

<--------------

This PSU homer understands why Maybin declared last year, but still wishes he would have stayed in school for another season ...

He runs to state colledge every chance he gets. Partying his arse off. Being the big show for the college kids. He seems like one of those players that let fame go to his head. This is the stuff he`s been told to avoid in nfl rookie meetings . But he has as it seems to have a thick head. Maybe Chan and the boys will crack the whip on Money Maybin. Hope so. :lol:

<--------------

This PSU homer understands why Maybin declared last year, but still wishes he would have stayed in school for another season ...

IMHO PSU has nothing to do with it, I love Joe Pa and the program. The thing is the guy got on the field because another guy got suspended. the guy was a one hit wonder and the Bills were fools for drafting the guy.

Man I am glad we got Nix and company. I just wish we had him here years ago :lol: