Rich Gannon on Sirius Today Talking About Maybin

Rico

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not get the Bills organization off the hook. No one on the board has the resources that the "professionals" and I use that term very loosely, in the Bills front office have. Maybin has better show up for all the OTA's or the fans will run him out of town. Playing DE is easy compared to playing linebacker from the mental aspect.

I didn't say it "gets them off the hook". I didn't even say it was a bad pick. My point has nothing to do with the pick itself, only the attitude so many seem to have that Maybin wasn't considered a very talented player who was going to go fairly high in the draft (from what I saw, most considered him a top 15 - maybe as low as 20 - pick).

As for your point, teams whiff on pick all the time. It's certainly not a rarity. And Maybin hasn't even been given the chance to prove he's a bust yet! Horrible first year, but you don't judge a player off 1 year. Not to mention their next 3 picks were just as good in their first year as Maybin was bad.

So far things don't look good for Maybin, but he's about to come into his second year, going through his first full training camp, hopefully with better coaches (a big hope), and switching to a new position that on paper suits his physical make-up and talent better than DE did. Anything can happen.

As I said I think you OR Gannon probably didn't give us the entire story. If you did, I'm guessing Gannon didn't. It just doesn't sound like something either of those guys would say, without some context.

Why is it so hard for you too believe that Maybin is a Bust? I was reported by Gill brandt in the Offseason that the Bills were very disapointed in his abilities.

I could accept that I was wrong if you came at me with some facts, but CHRIST, your post is not only FALSE, but Mayock's mock draft had the Bills taking........Aaron Maybin.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/25/mayock-unveils-mock-draft/

False huh? Get your facts straight before you make statement like that! He doesn't even have maybin in his top 5 DE, he has him listed 5 in OLB.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

Why is it so hard for you too believe that Maybin is a Bust? I was reported by Gill brandt in the Offseason that the Bills were very disapointed in his abilities.

Did you read what I wrote? My disbelief had nothing to do with Maybin being a bust, or not. I said I can't imagine Poz completely dumping on Maybin to a reporter (even if that reporter used to be a player)...especially a PSU player. I'm guessing he said something in context, and Gannon reported it out of context.

Anyway, calling a player a bust after one year is totally ridiculous, IMO.

IMHO PSU has nothing to do with it, I love Joe Pa and the program. The thing is the guy got on the field because another guy got suspended. the guy was a one hit wonder and the Bills were fools for drafting the guy.

Man I am glad we got Nix and company. I just wish we had him here years ago <_<

Yeah too bad Nix and Modrak weren't here last year when Maybin got picked :thumbsup:

oh- wait

they worked for Buffalo - but that's what happens when you work from home in a distant state

Did you read what I wrote? My disbelief had nothing to do with Maybin being a bust, or not. I said I can't imagine Poz completely dumping on Maybin to a reporter (even if that reporter used to be a player)...especially a PSU player. I'm guessing he said something in context, and Gannon reported it out of context.

Anyway, calling a player a bust after one year is totally ridiculous, IMO.

I agree that doesn't sound like Poz. But, you have to admit Dean he didn't show any flashes during the regular season. I am worried about his size also. The man got smaller and weaker form week to week!

I you also look at Mayock's commmentary he asks if Maybin can sustain 250pds or can he stop the run! Please don't use the lord name in vain especially when you wrong JPS!

That wasn't actually his name...and that wasn't using it in vain.

I agree that doesn't sound like Poz. But, you have to admit Dean he didn't show any flashes during the regular season. I am worried about his size also. The man got smaller and weaker form week to week!

I share your concerns about Maybin. But I will give him another year, with a full camp under his belt and under some different coaching, before breaking out the B-word.

It's an easy search, check it out. It's funny how many people here act like the Maybin pick came out of nowhere.

I don't recall any 'experts' suggesting Maybin was worth the 11th(?) pick. Not saying there wasn't one or two, but none that I remember.

Mock drafts...sure, you'll find those but they are called mock drafts for a reason.

Rank & file posters...hell yes, but look around you, is that really something you want to hang your hat on?

We picked a kid who was able to get on the field one season & pad his stats against inferior competition. Anyone who didn't see that (Jauron) had to be blind.

I share your concerns about Maybin. But I will give him another year, with a full camp under his belt and under some different coaching, before breaking out the B-word.

Its tough not to break out the B-word when the Bills ahve had some awful drafts the past tens years. I wish I could justify the pick. Maybin never started a full season in college

Yeah too bad Nix and Modrak weren't here last year when Maybin got picked <_<

Come on Sparty, Buddy Nix was only responsible for picking Wood (before he broke his leg), Byrd, Levitre, Nelson (Not sure yet), Harris (not sure yet) and Lankster (before his press conference). That and every Pro Bowler on SD's current roster.

I you also look at Mayock's commmentary he asks if Maybin can sustain 250pds or can he stop the run! Please don't use the lord name in vain especially when you wrong JPS!

Well, then, CHRIST!!!, Mayock is an idiot!!! Whodathunk he's have his 5th ranked OLB going 11th. The point is...you're telling half the story to support your point. You're trying to say Maybin was a reach and throw some pre-draft positional rankings out there to support your point. But what you fail to include is THE SAME "expert" had him going 11th.

Kiper had Maybin going AHEAD of the Bills to SF. Maybin was not a reach. He just was invisible in year 1.

Apologies for calling your on your reference....