Rich Gannon on Sirius Today Talking About Maybin

Rico

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, then, CHRIST!!!, Mayock is an idiot!!! Whodathunk he's have his 5th ranked OLB going 11th. The point is...you're telling half the story to support your point. You're trying to say Maybin was a reach and throw some pre-draft positional rankings out there to support your point. But what you fail to include is THE SAME "expert" had him going 11th.

Kiper had Maybin going AHEAD of the Bills to SF. Maybin was not a reach. He just was invisible in year 1.

Apologies for calling your on your reference....

IMO he just thought the Bills staff was dumb enough to take him at 11.

One more thing...I checked out those (WAAYYYYY) pre-draft rankings which were done about the time of the SENIOR BOWL (Maybin was redshirt soph- of course he was rated lower). If you click on the video, Mayock opens with how much he LOVES Shawn Nelson and that he is a complete TE, not just a downfield threat. Also said he could be a 2nd rounder.

The point is he thought very poorly of Maybin! He was his sixth rated OLB and he wasn't even rated as a DE. Mayock didn't think he could make it in a 4-3 as DE.

Oh, I'm well aware of what your point is. My point is this:

Who cares what Mayock (or any of these talking heads) thinks. If you value Mayock's opinion so much, then you have to see that he didn't list Byrd as one of his top 5 safeties. And we all know then that means he won't amount to a hill of beans. Yet, contrary to crystal ball Mayock*, Byrd turned into a Pro Bowl safety. How did that happen?

*sarcasm added for effect

IMO he just thought the Bills staff was dumb enough to take him at 11.

No. His ranking that you referred to and his Moch were separated by 2 months. I think you're being hard on the Bills about Maybin....and I'm not supporting the pick. In fact, I hated it. But he's here, he's talented and it may work out.

Well, then, CHRIST!!!, Mayock is an idiot!!! Whodathunk he's have his 5th ranked OLB going 11th. The point is...you're telling half the story to support your point. You're trying to say Maybin was a reach and throw some pre-draft positional rankings out there to support your point. But what you fail to include is THE SAME "expert" had him going 11th.

Kiper had Maybin going AHEAD of the Bills to SF. Maybin was not a reach. He just was invisible in year 1.

Just because someone projects a player going at 11 doesn't mean they belong at 11.

If he had the Bills taking Oher he would have been wrong, right?

No. His ranking that you referred to and his Moch were separated by 2 months. I think you're being hard on the Bills about Maybin....and I'm not supporting the pick. In fact, I hated it. But he's here, he's talented and it may work out.

I question how talented Maybin may be. He only started one year at PSU, and this was becuase of injury.

I thought he wa another high motor guy, but instead he has a low motor with an inflated ego.

If he juiced, I want him to fail!

Just because someone projects a player going at 11 doesn't mean they belong at 11.

If I recall correctly, some legit mocks (one of the big guys, not just some mook with a blog) had him going earlier than 11.

No. But if one guy projects him at 11, that's one thing. But EVERYONE had Maybin around 11. I don't even want to talk about Oher. It's too upsetting. I'm verklempt.

Is it me or do the players on the Bills who tweet the most seem to be the ones who arent that good. Its like they know deep down they suck and yet they keep trying to tweet to get people to think they are something they are not. Maybin, Whitner, Kavika maybe lol. Less tweet more production would be an idea. Ah well, when football is over for them they can be professional Tweeters.

2009 mocks

A consensus mock draft is just that, a consensus formed by the opinions of a group of highly-educated experts in a specific field. The 2009 NFL Draft is just hours away, so we tallied the latest projections from the most respected analysts out there to form a “super” mock draft

11. Buffalo Bills: Jeremy Maclin, KR/WR, Missouri (Maybin projected #14)

Jeff Risdon, RealGM (Apr. 24)

11. Buffalo Bills: Michael Oher, T, Ole Miss (Maybin not in 1st round projection)

Mel Kiper, Jr.’s Big Board (Apr. 24)

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (Maybin projected #15)

Scouts Inc. (Apr. 24)

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Cushing, LB, USC (Maybin projected #13)

Don Banks SI.com

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (Maybin not in 1st round projection)

Pro Football Weekly

11. Buffalo Bills: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest (Maybin projected #20)

Pete Prisco CBS Sports

11. Buffalo Bills: Jason Smith, T, Baylor (Maybin projected #13)

Draftcountdown.com

11. Buffalo Bills: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State (Maybin projected #13)

National Football Post

11. Buffalo Bills: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee (Maybin not in 1st round projection)

NFL House

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (Maybin projected #15)

FF Toolbox

11. Buffalo Bills: Andre Smith, T, Alabama (Maybin projected #10)

So...I was wrong, Maybin was projected by many in the mid teens, and his 'consensus' slot would be 14

Before we (rightfully) kill the Bills for the Maybin pick, remember that last year was actually our best draft in years;

two excellent offensive linemen, a great safety, an athletic tight end that can catch the ball.

Pass rushers are hit/miss. But they are so critical, you have to keep trying to find one.

IMHO, Maybin will work as an outside backer in the 3-4.

Hopefully he will put in the work to be a success.

Yes. 4 starters and a couple of developmental prospects (Harris, Lankster, IMO) is a very good draft. If Maybin actually becomes a productive starter as well it could be one of the best drafts in team history. Funny how no one gives DJ any credit for the good parts of the draft but all of the crap for the Maybin pick.

Since each and every team in the league passed on Tom Brady when they let him slip to the 6th round, there should be mass firings then. After all, the NFL Draft is an exact science and all.

Stop confusing people with facts.

Actually I think you guys are both right.....if I remember correctly:

- Maylock had him going to the bills

- Maylock was not high on him and did not list him highly in his player rankings

I think what Maylock actually said at the combine was that somebody was going to fall in love with his potential and draft him higher then he should be drafted.

I think it was more a slam on the bills then it was about Maybin.......he obviously thought we were going to reach on Maybin (which we did)

Now the question is whether or not we can salvage the pick. We wont know that until he has a offseason and training camp as a 3-4 outside lb. Maybin might just come out strong this year and make us look smart while Oher may end up being only a right tackle.