Rich Gannon on Sirius Today Talking About Maybin

Rico

He runs to state colledge every chance he gets. Partying his arse off. Being the big show for the college kids. He seems like one of those players that let fame go to his head. This is the stuff he`s been told to avoid in nfl rookie meetings . But he has as it seems to have a thick head. Maybe Chan and the boys will crack the whip on Money Maybin. Hope so. <_<

Look at who his mentor is. An over rated, overhyped assclown that was out of the NFL in a short time.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that Maybin was DJ's pick, as was the decision to fire Schonert days before the season and ignoring the need to replace Peters with an adequate LT.

Those three decisions are truly a trifecta of ineptitude.

It's really sad when pathetic organizations make dumb decisions. Ralph has no one but himself to blame - he didn't want to pay a real GM last year, so the marketing guru deferred to the beleaguered coach who tried to hit a home run with the Maybin pick.

You'd think that an undersized player like Maybin would devote himself to studying the game to give himself a better chance to be successful, but alas, no.

All of that said, the kid is still young, and he could turn himself around a la Moulds. Then again, he could be cut this July. Stranger things have happened.

LMAO I don't think the Maybin lovers are going to like hearing it. BTW Fewell says the guy wasn't that good? Wow. And Poz is saying the guy needs to step it up? Double wow. In a non cap year I would honestly just cut his ass and move on. The guy never should have been drafted in the first round esp where he was drafted.

Cutting a 2nd year 1st round pick really would earn the Bills nothing. At the very least give the guy the opportunity to make the team. Firing him now doesn't make much sense other than to vent some anger.

Some Bills fan called asking about going OT at #9 this year, that's what started the conversation. Schein and Gannon both said it was a bungled pick, Oher was the obvious choice.

In retrospect it was a bad choice......not because we didn't take Orkapo but

- We traded Peters.....tried to move RT to LT....then cut him to.

- We did NOTHING in free agency to try to keep things stable at the LT position its like they made this huge debocle with Langston.....reallized they messed up....then didn't know what to do.

- What they SHOULD have done was either take Oher or bring in a free agent/make a trade for another young promising tackle.

The picking off of the trash heap for offensive line players last year when the injuries started hitting was maddening.

It's really sad when pathetic organizations make dumb decisions. Ralph has no one but himself to blame - he didn't want to pay a real GM last year, so the marketing guru deferred to the beleaguered coach who tried to hit a home run with the Maybin pick.

You'd think that an undersized player like Maybin would devote himself to studying the game to give himself a better chance to be successful, but alas, no.

All of that said, the kid is still young, and he could turn himself around a la Moulds. Then again, he could be cut this July. Stranger things have happened.

What I dont understand is this goes against what we have previously been hearing about Maybin......I have heard that the guy was a VERY hard worker.

Poz is saying something different.

LMAO I don't think the Maybin lovers are going to like hearing it. BTW Fewell says the guy wasn't that good? Wow. And Poz is saying the guy needs to step it up? Double wow. In a non cap year I would honestly just cut his ass and move on. The guy never should have been drafted in the first round esp where he was drafted.

I would prefer to give him a shot at weak inside backer first- we invested a lot in him. He never will be an edge rusher, but see if you can turn him into a player. If you can't, send him on his way.

I would prefer to give him a shot at weak inside backer first- we invested a lot in him. He never will be an edge rusher, but see if you can turn him into a player. If you can't, send him on his way.

You want stickman playing inside backer?

If he isn't putting the necessary effort in, he's a bust and moving him isn't going to matter one iota.

I can't believe some of you people think we should CUT him. He was the youngest player in the NFL last year. He was extremely undersized for his position. He had one year of success and let the "fame and money" get to his head. Will he develop into an all-pro"? I'm not saying that, BUT to CUT him? That's just ignorant, jmo

I can't believe some of you people think we should CUT him. He was the youngest player in the NFL last year. He was extremely undersized for his position. He had one year of success and let the "fame and money" get to his head. Will he develop into an all-pro"? I'm not saying that, BUT to CUT him? That's just ignorant, jmo

On the other hand, why waste a roster spot on a party animal who can't play and is showing no interest in learning or developing (assuming the OP thesis is correct)?

The answer for a team interested in developing a culture of winning is: you don't. It doesn't matter what his age is, or how undeveloped he is, or what school he went to, or where he was drafted. That's all sunk cost. If he has no value, he has no value and it is time to turn the page with someone that will bust his ass to make the TEAM better.

Anyone who looked at Maybin's strengths and weaknesses and felt he somehow fit a 4-3 Defense was really kidding themselves...Maybin is getting a HUGE break now that The Bills are running a 3-4...He's going to have to grow up...I'm not a bit surprised to hear Poz's comments considering the Holdout and those brilliant tweets I've read...

I'm thinking maturity is obviously an issue...You just never know what giving THAT much money is going to do to a Kid...Some handle it better than expected...Some come around in time...Some well...

We'll see... <_<

IMHO PSU has nothing to do with it, I love Joe Pa and the program. The thing is the guy got on the field because another guy got suspended. the guy was a one hit wonder and the Bills were fools for drafting the guy.

Man I am glad we got Nix and company. I just wish we had him here years ago :wallbash:

Yours an as*hole...i remeber when you were all pissy cuz NIX AND CO got picked to be GM and HC. Now its " im glad we got nix and co "...dude your a hypocrite a pure bandwagon assmofo... <_<

NOW ON THE NEXT ONE... :flirt:

Maybin sux he surley does he has no chance of being good....when they said his name i think i turned into and owl cuz i said " WHO" so loud i think i scared the neighbors..lol... :thumbsup:

Young chronologically and emotionally. The guy is a stereotypical self-promoter who things that by talking the talk and saying the right things, that people besides himself will believe it. Come on, everyone has worked with someone who talks and talks about how hard they work and how good they are and everyone but that dude knows he sucks and is all talk. And if this self-hyped moron is still hangin at PSU and chasing tail there, he's worse than I thought, if that's possible

I said it last April and I'll say it until he's cut... he's a bonafide bust in waiting. Undersized, one-year wonder. Throw in questions about maturity and work ethic and it's a matter of time. Lot of those guys dominated in the NFL right?

I'll say it now.... the over/under onm sacks for this guy will be three. He was owned on the field constantly last year and is obviously unable to adjust.

And I bet they draft an OLB in the first 3 rounds to give this guy a kick in the arse.

Yours an as*hole...i remeber when you were all pissy cuz NIX AND CO got picked to be GM and HC. Now its " im glad we got nix and co "...dude your a hypocrite a pure bandwagon assmofo... <_<

NOW ON THE NEXT ONE... :wallbash:

Maybin sux he surley does he has no chance of being good....when they said his name i think i turned into and owl cuz i said " WHO" so loud i think i scared the neighbors..lol... :thumbsup:

This is a quotable post...

Patrick Willis...AJ Hawk...Brian Cushing...all favored by somebody in the Bills War Room. Rolando McClain in RD1 or Spikes in RD2 this year, anyone?

To be fair, Willis and Hawk were off the board by the time we picked.

Before we (rightfully) kill the Bills for the Maybin pick, remember that last year was actually our best draft in years;

two excellent offensive linemen, a great safety, an athletic tight end that can catch the ball.

Pass rushers are hit/miss. But they are so critical, you have to keep trying to find one.

IMHO, Maybin will work as an outside backer in the 3-4.

Hopefully he will put in the work to be a success.

Find me one.

I don't remember thinking it was a reach at the time. They needed an edge rusher (and an OT) and some of the mocks had us taking an edge rusher. Did Mayock, Kiper et al. trash the pick at the time??

Dohhhh!!! You sucked me in....

Move on...