Lee Evans

Billsfan=pain

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing it is the Oline's fault that there isn't enough time to get open, and when he is open, the ball is either thrown somewhere else or it is a bad throw to him. I don't know what the deal was, but Edwards and Lee never had that connection. Edwards threw better to TO than he did to Lee, even though he and Lee knew eachother better. But there seemed to be a lot of miscommunication between the two of them.

Preach it my brother! These people are on drugs. Evans has no heart. He would be great in a flag football tournament!

Evans has no heart???? Every stupid thing you have said in this thread absolutely lets me know you have 0 knowledge of the game. It's fine that you want to repeat things you have heard from your sped friends, but at least come up with this greatness on your own. Your that kid in a group of guys who lets them do all the work then you come in late with some rabbit puss punches and then runs at the mouth.

Anyone who thinks Lee has no heart or my favorite "won't go over the middle" desperately needs to watch the games over especially this seasons'. I wan't some of these drugs you're claiming that we're on because Lee is pro bowl player on just about any other club in the league hell even Oakland....yeah I said it.

What a joke.......flame away waterheads

Yes, Evans had issues with getting open last year. That can be a result of many things. 1) His own mistakes in route running. 2) QB & OL issues. 3) No other dominant WR/TE on the team. 4) Bad play calling.

I like Evans and would love to see him come back to form with better QB/OL play and a new coaching staff. All in all, he is not one of my worries for this team. Let's fix the bigger problems before worrying about him.

Hahahahaha, Moulds always put up pro bowl numbers? Look I loved Moulds too, but he was victim to up and down QB play and because of that he would have a good year, then a bad year statistically.

Dude you are insane...

Moulds played 12 seaons, and in 8 of those seasons he put up LESS than 70 catches, including 4 years less than 60 with three of them being less than 40. He only had more than a 1000 yards 4 times his whole career.

In 12 seasons, he really only had about 4 really good years.

Moulds = 49 total TD's in 12 years

Evans = 39 TD's in 6 years

So in half the time, Evans is only 10 behind Moulds

You are priceless my friend

C'mon, you know these are unfair, b.s. stats. You are counting the years when Moulds was old and washed up. The fact is that the only area of being a wideout in which Evans is better than Moulds is straight line speed. Moulds was bigger, stronger, had better hands, and was WAY tougher to bring down.

Evans is a good player. I am glad we have him and unlike others, I don't care how much he makes because it isn't coming out of my pocket. That said, Moulds was clearly superior imo.

If every thread is only going to be about skewed stats, we can just post over and over that Losman doesn't in fact suck because he had decent numbers in 2006. :unsure:

Please describe to me the last play that you remember Evans dropping a pass. Which game, situation, etc.

Evans may have his flaws, but I can't recall a drop. Personally I think the guy has exceptional hands - practically glue-like.

EDIT - After reading through this thread a bit further, it's amazing to me how many people focus on SYMPTOMS of losing football, rather than root CAUSES. Evans' production is a SYMPTOM of bad OL and QB play. It is NOT a CAUSE. Putting the Bills' offensive problems on a scale from causes to symptoms, I would say the following:

causes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>symptoms

OL play -----> QB play -----> TE play ----->RB play ------> WR play

This fellow gets it.

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

Can't say that I share your sentiment, but the proof is in the pudding...Lee CAN BE great but we need a QB to get him the ball, an O-Line to pgive that QB time to get him the ball, and a legit #2 to take away any double teams...put those peices toether and Lee will earn that contract. Unfortunately, a lo of "If's" :unsure:

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

I agree completely. Unfortunately you will be castrated on this board for saying it.

It's about time we start bashing one of our few good players. It's obvious Lee Evans is single handedly holding us back. It's Evans' fault for this decade long drought. Without Evans, the oline would be better. Without Evans, Edwards and Losman turn into franchise QBs. Lee Evans is destroying this franchise. :unsure:

Completely, but saying anything negative about Saint Lee on this board will usually bring instant wrath from his devoted followers.

$9MM for 56 catches a year. Not many guys on the roster with a worse ROI than that.

I agree. Lee is a #2 WR making a #1 WR salary. One-on-One with a DB, Lee can beat most of them, but Lee can't shake the double-teams and can't out-muscle most DB's like a #1 WR should be able to.

C'mon, you know these are unfair, b.s. stats.

If every thread is only going to be about skewed stats, we can just post over and over that Losman doesn't in fact suck because he had decent numbers in 2006. :unsure:

I was curious so I had to look at the actual stats. See these links to Moulds and Evans first six years in the league:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoulEr00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EvanLe00.htm

Here is what I come up with (Moulds 1996-2001 and Evans 2004-2009):

Moulds Evans

Games 94 96

Rec 342 340

Yards 5,165 5,356

Y/R 14.6 15.7

Y/G 55.3 55.8

TDs 28 39

I would say the yards and Y/G are almost exactly identical but Evans has far more TDs.

So say what you want about subjective stuff (straight line versus tough catches etc) but the stats show they are largely similar save for the TDs category.

I personally like Evans (as I liked Moulds after year 3) and really think the bashing he takes is unfounded. Guy is sure handed, pretty classy and consistent performer. Guys who are asking for his head are just barking up the wrong tree. These stupid threads sound like someone just going through our roster sorted by salary and proceeding to bash each player one by one. Poz, Schobel, McGee, Whitner and now Evans.....

I was curious so I had to look at the actual stats. See these links to Moulds and Evans first six years in the league:

Moulds Evans

Games 94 96

Rec 342 340

Yards 5,165 5,356

Y/R 14.6 15.7

Y/G 55.3 55.8

TDs 28 39

I would say the yards and Y/G are almost exactly identical but Evans has far more TDs.

So say what you want about subjective stuff (straight line versus tough catches etc) but the stats show they are largely similar save for the TDs category.

I personally like Evans (as I liked Moulds after year 3) and really think the bashing he takes is unfounded. Guy is sure handed, pretty classy and consistent performer. Guys who are asking for his head are just barking up the wrong tree. These stupid threads sound like someone just going through our roster sorted by salary and proceeding to bash each player one by one. Poz, Schobel, McGee, Whitner and now Evans.....

Great points. Also, the Bills teams Moulds played on were better than the Bills teams Evans has played on. Flutie & Bledsoe > Losman & Edwards

Moulds Evans

Games 94 96

Rec 342 340

Yards 5,165 5,356

Y/R 14.6 15.7

Y/G 55.3 55.8

TDs 28 39

Good work, and for the record, I don't bash Evans. Is he worth 9 mil? I would say not at all but he is good.

Btw, not included in these stats are the fact that Moulds was far more diverse wrt his skillset. And, he too played on teams with no pass protection. Either way, I think that Moulds was a better player than Evans hands down.

Jmo

Good work, and for the record, I don't bash Evans. Is he worth 9 mil? I would say not at all but he is good.

Btw, not included in these stats are the fact that Moulds was far more diverse wrt his skillset. And, he too played on teams with no pass protection. Either way, I think that Moulds was a better player than Evans hands down.

Jmo

Again, subjective opinion. I did not have the benefit of having the Sunday ticket during that time period hence did not get a chance to watch his career as closely as I have Evans'. Having said that, it is fair to say that both players did fairly well on crappy teams (as C. B says). Moulds took a bit longer to 'bloom' than Evans. If Evans gets a good QB throwing to him who is turn has good protection, I think Evans will consistently put up probowl numbers.

As for the cost, a team cannot perfectly optimize its salary allocation. With TO and Reed gone, we really need Evans. If that is one critical position secured, so much the better.

Jmo

The $9 million is the value of the market place at the time. People complain that Ralph is cheap but then complain when he re-signs players. We'll never know but Evans proably could have gotten more on the open market. Also, would letting Evans walk make the team better?

Additionally, the $9 million will be middle of the road for "#1" receivers in a few years. Receiver is the most dependent position in football. Evans has had zero help.

[quote name='Ever Since '86' date='Mar 1 2010, 03:05 AM' post='1772900']

Evans has no heart???? Every stupid thing you have said in this thread absolutely lets me know you have 0 knowledge of the game. It's fine that you want to repeat things you have heard from your sped friends, but at least come up with this greatness on your own. Your that kid in a group of guys who lets them do all the work then you come in late with some rabbit puss punches and then runs at the mouth.

Anyone who thinks Lee has no heart or my favorite "won't go over the middle" desperately needs to watch the games over especially this seasons'. I wan't some of these drugs you're claiming that we're on because Lee is pro bowl player on just about any other club in the league hell even Oakland....yeah I said it.

What a joke.......flame away waterheads[

Drugs kill brain cells!

Lee Evans has no heart!!!!!

The $9 million is the value of the market place at the time. People complain that Ralph is cheap but then complain when he re-signs players. We'll never know but Evans proably could have gotten more on the open market. Also, would letting Evans walk make the team better?

Additionally, the $9 million will be middle of the road for "#1" receivers in a few years. Receiver is the most dependent position in football. Evans has had zero help.

I would rather have Mike Furrey!