Lee Evans

Billsfan=pain

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

I have heard the same thing said about: Kelsey, Schobel, Denny, Whitner, Owens, Dockery and of course Langston Walker.

As we get rid of each one a new "most overpaid" emerges.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesn't realize that Lee is easily a 1000yd 10TD WR is blind. Lee actually accomplished those numbers with JP Losman. If it wasn't for old noodle arm Edwards and his pension for whimpy checkdowns he would still be putting up those numbers. How about we get a real QB with a big nfl arm, some balls and an offensive line that can hold up for more than 2 seconds? Then let's see how good Lee looks. We somehow managed to Terrell Owens look bad!

I suppose you are just trolling to get a rise out of people but use your head. Lee Evans isn't the problem. Lee Evans is like the original Steve Smith. Not quite as good but without any of the baggage. Steve Smith has had HUGE ups and downs and it all comes down to the performance of his QB.

Anyone who doesn't realize that Lee is easily a 1000yd 10TD WR is blind. Lee actually accomplished those numbers with JP Losman. If it wasn't for old noodle arm Edwards and his pension for whimpy checkdowns he would still be putting up those numbers. How about we get a real QB with a big nfl arm, some balls and an offensive line that can hold up for more than 2 seconds? Then let's see how good Lee looks. We somehow managed to Terrell Owens look bad!

I suppose you are just trolling to get a rise out of people but use your head. Lee Evans isn't the problem. Lee Evans is like the original Steve Smith. Not quite as good but without any of the baggage. Steve Smith has had HUGE ups and downs and it all comes down to the performance of his QB.

So your saying Lee is better than Larry Fitzgerald? Larry Fitz barely get those kind of numbers, and he actually goes over the middle!

Lee was a Number 2 this past year, second fiddle to an aging T.O.!

Can someone tell me how many balls he drops in any given season? Not many.

He does have good hands(IMO). I would just rather have twenty other NFL recievers. He is nothing but a sideline reciever. Does he ever break tackles?No. Does he ever sacrifice his body to make the catch(ala. Steve Smith)? NO. Does he ever take responsibility after a team loss? No

I'm not saying he is the worst reciever on the Bills, I just think he is overpaid by about 5 million, and grossly overrated!

So your saying Lee is better than Larry Fitzgerald? Larry Fitz barely get those kind of numbers, and he actually goes over the middle!

An aging superstar who is in better shape then either of us have ever been in our lives. Your trying to compare Lee Evans to perhaps the second best WR who has ever played the game. Check the ruler you use man. Don't you see a problem with that?

What world do you live in where Lee Evans has better numbers than Larry Fitzgerald? Link please? Not to mention have you seen how stacked the Cards are at WR? Fitz, Boldin, Breaston. Larry would have even better numbers if he didn't have to share the ball with 2 other great WRs.

Not that that is the main point anyway. The point is that Lee is a #1 WR plain and simple. A #1 WR is judged by production, or projected production if you have an incompetent balless QB, not by measurables. If you are one of those guys that thinks a #1 WR has to be 6'3" 220 with 4.4 or better speed we will never see eye to eye.

An aging superstar who is in better shape then either of us have ever been in our lives. Your trying to compare Lee Evans to perhaps the second best WR who has ever played the game. Check the ruler you use man. Don't you see a problem with that?

What world do you live in where Lee Evans has better numbers than Larry Fitzgerald? Link please? Not to mention have you seen how stacked the Cards are at WR? Fitz, Boldin, Breaston. Larry would have even better numbers if he didn't have to share the ball with 2 other great WRs.

Not that that is the main point anyway. The point is that Lee is a #1 WR plain and simple. A #1 WR is judged by production, or projected production if you have an incompetent balless QB, not by measurables. If you are one of those guys that thinks a #1 WR has to be 6'3" 220 with 4.4 or better speed we will never see eye to eye.

I just on of those guys that think my #1WR has to catch balls over the middle. Steve Smith is 5'9 180pds and has more heart than Lee could ever dream about!

I just on of those guys that think my #1WR has to catch balls over the middle. Steve Smith is 5'9 180pds and has more heart than Lee could ever dream about!

That is ridiculous speculation and 100% incorrect in my opinion. How can you say Lee Evans won't catch balls over the middle when NOBODY ON THE TEAM WAS CATCHING BALLS OVER THE MIDDLE. I look at that as being a QB and or offensive scheme problem. Don't drop that crap on Lee's feet. He is one of the few bright spots we have on this team and your going to run him down? No wonder people hate Bills fans. Always whining and complaining about stupid stuff.

Lee Evans and Steve Smith are very close in measureables. Smith is 5'9" 185, Evans 5'10" 197 both ran 4.3 40's at the combine.

That is ridiculous speculation and 100% correct in my opinion. How can you say Lee Evans won't catch balls over the middle when NOBODY ON THE TEAM WAS CATCHING BALLS OVER THE MIDDLE. I look at that as being a QB and or offensive scheme problem. Don't drop that crap on Lee's feet. He is one of the few bright spots we have on this team and your going to run him down? No wonder people hate Bills fans. Always whining and complaining about stupid stuff.

Lee Evans and Steve Smith are very close in measureables. Smith is 5'9" 185, Evans 5'10" 197 both ran 4.3 40's at the combine.

He is the highest paid Buffalo Bill. Steve Smith can break tackles and catch balls over the middle.

Steve Smith would probably punch you for comparing him to Lee "No heart" Evans.

He is the highest paid Buffalo Bill. Steve Smith can break tackles and catch balls over the middle.

Whatever troll. As I said before how can you say Lee won't go over the middle or break tackles when the offensive scheme and crappy QB didn't give him or anyone else an opportunity? Keep stirring the pot. I won't be wasting my time with you.

The Bills would have made Jerry Rice in his prime #2 to T.O., because they were afraid he would blow up. On a good team with a good quarterback, Evans is a top 10 NFL receiver. If you can't see that you should be watching Badminton or Checkers, because football is clearly to complicated for you.

Don't forget he can beat up teammates in training camp and get his yearly suspension.

How do you know how much heart someone has? Are you one of his coaches? I guarantee you he has more heart than you have brains, by a country mile at that.

The Bills would have made Jerry Rice in his prime #2 to T.O., because they were afraid he would blow up. On a good team with a good quarterback, Evans is a top 10 NFL receiver. If you can't see that you should be watching Badminton or Checkers, because football is clearly to complicated for you.

Evans a Top Ten NFL WR? Maybe if the NFL switched to "two hand touch"!

C'mon, you know these are unfair, b.s. stats. You are counting the years when Moulds was old and washed up. The fact is that the only area of being a wideout in which Evans is better than Moulds is straight line speed. Moulds was bigger, stronger, had better hands, and was WAY tougher to bring down.

Evans is a good player. I am glad we have him and unlike others, I don't care how much he makes because it isn't coming out of my pocket. That said, Moulds was clearly superior imo.

If every thread is only going to be about skewed stats, we can just post over and over that Losman doesn't in fact suck because he had decent numbers in 2006. :wallbash:

I didnt say Moulds or Lee was better than the other, I responded directly to the posters claim that Moulds put up "pro bowl" numbers every year. The fact is, Moulds barely had pro bowl numbers in about 3 of his years, only broke 1000 yards 4 times (and barely broke 1000 yards in two of those 4 times), and basically would have a good year, then an off year. So unless you think those 3 or 4 years were the only years of his prime during a 12 year career, then I dont know what to tell you.

And there have been PLENTY of WR's of the same age he was in his last few years that had VASTLY superior stats than he had his last few seasons.

Look, I loved Moulds, I thought he was a great WR on a bad team and would have done much better elsewhere, so I am not knocking him. I am just saying to the poster living in fantasy world that Moulds did NOT come close to putting up "pro bowl" numbers every year.

That being said, Evans is in MUCH the same situation Moulds was in, if not worse. Yet, these foolish claims about Evans being overrated keep coming as if its his fault. Truthfully, to comapre Moulds in Evans is foolish in itself as they are compeltey two different type of recievers.

So, dont take my post about his stats as some way to bash Moulds, it was simply a reality check to the poster who constantly spouts off out of his back side and did it again with his claim that Moulds puts up pro bowl numbers every year as a way to bash Lee who is actually out producing him in TD's, YPC, etc. on a terrible offense.

I would rather have Mike Furrey!

Thanks for letting us know how little you know about football with this post and how stupid some of your posts are so we dont have to take them seriously anymore.

Not a personnel guy in the history of the NFL would take Furrey over Lee Evans and thats a 100% fact...