Lee Evans

Billsfan=pain

If we can get a starting caliber WR in FA and a draft pick, maybe worth it. But how many starting WR are available that we would be paying less than we pay for Evans in 2010.

Also, draft pick in which round would we get for a receiver that is old, cant' catch more than 56 balls, and is not a starter (according to some on this board). If I was a GM, I wouldn't give anything. I could get a free-agent and pay $1 mil to get what some people claim Lee Evans is.

Truth is, Lee Evans is a lot like Eric Moulds. A very good receiver, and an decent starter, who just ended up on a bad team. If on a team like Indy, they would have been regulars at the pro-bowl.

Evans never goes over the middle, and i have never seen him break a tackle in his life! Moulds did it all!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can get a starting caliber WR in FA and a draft pick, maybe worth it. But how many starting WR are available that we would be paying less than we pay for Evans in 2010.

Also, draft pick in which round would we get for a receiver that is old, cant' catch more than 56 balls, and is not a starter (according to some on this board). If I was a GM, I wouldn't give anything. I could get a free-agent and pay $1 mil to get what some people claim Lee Evans is.

Truth is, Lee Evans is a lot like Eric Moulds. A very good receiver, and an decent starter, who just ended up on a bad team. If on a team like Indy, they would have been regulars at the pro-bowl.

Eric Moulds was alot better than Lee Evans. Moulds was a guy who could do it all. IMO, the guy was among the most talented WRs of his time. Incredibly strong and physical, Moulds allowed QBs the ability to put it up for grabs and let him make a play. That is the true measure of a good number 1. When all else is failing, players like Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, and a few others, get it done by just beating the defense with physical advantages.

Lee Evans is a very talented player but not in the class of elite. He reminds me of Santana Moss and Darrell Jackson. These WRs can torch defenses but not if the offense isn't rolling as a whole.

I really was excited when we drafted Lee, but it became apperant he is NOT a #1 WR in the NFL. He lacks route running skills, doesn't block great, and will drop balls.

That said, I would like to see something done with his contract because he isn't worth the money he is getting paid. THIS team and THIS front office shouldn't be strapped with the previous regimes mistakes contract wise.

To say that Evans doesn't run good routes is laughable. I've never seen that or heard it from anyone. I can't disagree with having a big guy who's open even when he's not and in that sense, Evans isn't a primary guy. But he's reliable. What hasn't been reliable is the Oline, QB play, play calling and overall offensive coaching.

You're chopping down the wrong tree.

To say that Evans doesn't run good routes is laughable. I've never seen that or heard it from anyone. I can't disagree with having a big guy who's open even when he's not and in that sense, Evans isn't a primary guy. But he's reliable. What hasn't been reliable is the Oline, QB play, play calling and overall offensive coaching.

You're chopping down the wrong tree.

Really? Go back and watch film, he is NOT a good route runner, nor blocker and he drops balls and or tips them to DB's/LB's for interceptions.

He is a #2 in this league at best.

Really? Go back and watch film, he is NOT a good route runner, nor blocker and he drops balls and or tips them to DB's/LB's for interceptions.

I have watched the the games. I haven't seen him rounding his pattern or jogging when he knew he wasn't getting the ball.

I always saw him going all out on his routes and making quick cuts. Please provide the link to where you came across that Lee Evans can't run routes and cannot run block.

Here is a link to ESPN where they say Evans "is a #2 wr with #1 wr skills". They said that about him when TO was coming to the Bills. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5538

Please provide only facts, since we are quite capable of making our own opinions.

I have watched the the games. I haven't seen him rounding his pattern or jogging when he knew he wasn't getting the ball.

I always saw him going all out on his routes and making quick cuts. Please provide the link to where you came across that Lee Evans can't run routes and cannot run block.

Here is a link to ESPN where they say Evans "is a #2 wr with #1 wr skills". They said that about him when TO was coming to the Bills. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5538

Please provide only facts, since we are quite capable of making our own opinions.

Fact: Lee Evans cant break tackles and will not go over the middle of the field.

I'm not saying he sucks, I just think he is overpaid by about 5 million per year.

I'll have to get to my "film room". The only person (there's not even "people") to question Evans' route running is on this board. He's a solid NFL WR. #1, #2, whatever. The rest is BS.

I'll have to get to my "film room". The only person (there's not even "people") to question Evans' route running is on this board. He's a solid NFL WR. #1, #2, whatever. The rest is BS.

I'm sorry, but he dosn't go over the middle. He doesn't like to get hit!

He is a sideline reciever. Which means he is overpaid!

you don't do anything until you are in a position to do so. This team has so many damn holes, and I can't figure out why this board always wants to make more. We don't have a legitimate slot receiver or a #1/2 receiver. Why add another whole to our receiving core while we have so many other needs?

Because there is no chance of winning anything in the next two years. 4 wins will likely be overachieving, and hence it would just make all the sense in the world to pick up what draft picks we can and rebuild.

What doesn't make sense is keeping and exorbitantly overpriced and underachieving receiver on the roster when without a legitimate starting QB, and no semblance of an offensive line that could actually protect a QB, there simply is no way that the guy is going to be productive at all.

WR is one of the easier positions in the league to acquire. With a decent QB and a good line, you don't really need great WRs anyway. What we do need is a QB and a lot of help on both lines, so we should just get what value we can out of the guy and start drafting for the future. Again.

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

Another lame noob post...Lee Evans is a top level WR and would be putting up top 10 numbers EASILY on another team with a decent QB. Put him in Philly last year and he puts up atleast 80 catches, 12TD's and 1500 yards. This guy is one of the most under utilized players ever on this team and its a dam shame.

WR's dont throw to themselves...WR's dont make the game plan...WR's dont call the plays...and guess what, during his career all three aspects of that have been atrocious...Terrible QB's, Terrible game plan, and Terrible play calling. The coaches dont even run anything underneath for him. They dont move him around to find creative ways to get him the ball.

He is the best player on our offense. Freddie is a close second, but replacing a RB is light years easier than replacing a talented WR. I actually feel sorry for Lee for being stuck in this wasteland of an offense most of his career.

Lee Evans is a top level WR and would be putting up top 10 numbers EASILY on another team with a decent QB. Put him in Philly last year and he puts up atleast 80 catches, 12TD's and 1500 yards.

:thumbsup:

This is simply delusional.

I'm not saying he sucks, I just think he is overpaid by about 5 million per year.

Perfect summation.

Because there is no chance of winning anything in the next two years. 4 wins will likely be overachieving, and hence it would just make all the sense in the world to pick up what draft picks we can and rebuild.

What doesn't make sense is keeping and exorbitantly overpriced and underachieving receiver on the roster when without a legitimate starting QB, and no semblance of an offensive line that could actually protect a QB, there simply is no way that the guy is going to be productive at all.

WR is one of the easier positions in the league to acquire. With a decent QB and a good line, you don't really need great WRs anyway. What we do need is a QB and a lot of help on both lines, so we should just get what value we can out of the guy and start drafting for the future. Again.

Southgeorgia, you are at it again...another post so stupid it barely warrants a response. You just showed how LITTLE you actually know about football in this one post. Not that anyone on this board needed more proof as just about every post you make illustrates that.

First, there is definitely a chance of winning in the next 2 years. The Rams were the worst team in the league the year before they won the Super Bowl...Miami won the division a year after winning one game...so to say that in todays NFL that you cant win anything in the next 2 years is absurd. Especially since we have holes, but we also have some good players amongst this team, a lot of them young and still improving. To say winning four games would be over achieving is so blatantly ignorant, especially since we have won 27 games the last 4 years and we should be better this year than last.

But, the DUMBEST thing you just said is that WR is one of the easier postions in the league to acquire...hahahahahaha, are you kidding me? WR is the exact OPPOSITE...its one of the hardest positions to replace, and its also traditionally one of the hardest positions for a rookie to make an impact. Few exceptions occur sure like Boldin's record setting rookie year, but that is rare.

My guess is that your 4 game claim was becuase thats all you won in your season on Madden...

I'm sorry, but he dosn't go over the middle. He doesn't like to get hit!

He is a sideline reciever. Which means he is overpaid!

Gee, seems like the WR doesn't get to choose his routes or the plays. He runs the route that he's told!

Are you really trying to say that the coach (for example) called a play that LE runs a crossing pattern and he didn't run it? Or, that somehow, he gets to influence what kind of plays are run based on his preferences? Pretty funny stuff.

:thumbsup:

This is simply delusional.

I said 80+ catches, 12 TD's, and 1500 yards playing in Philly catching passes from McNabb and you said simply delusional? Really now...so you must think JP Losman was one heck of a QB if you think those numbers are delusional with McNabb throwing him the ball in a pass first offense...

Losman to Evans in 2006 = 82 catches, 1300 yards, and 8 TD's

To say those numbers are delusional shows that you must be delusional because he already put up similar numbers behind a bad QB, weak O Line, and Bad coaching staff...

Yet you some how think its delusional to have those numbers on a team with a really good QB, pretty good O Line, and a really good coaching staff...

Man this board is priceless at times...

Stop it Darth...you act like you study film on him and have game tape...no offense, but you talk out of your back side way too much bro...

Lee has great hands and to try and claim he doesnt is just unfounded. And he does run good routes, my guess is you dont even know what a good route is or have played football if you think otherwise. The problem isnt the way he runs a route, its the routes called and the very POOR throws from the QB during his routes.

I said 80+ catches, 12 TD's, and 1500 yards playing in Philly catching passes from McNabb and you said simply delusional? Really now...so you must think JP Losman was one heck of a QB if you think those numbers are delusional with McNabb throwing him the ball in a pass first offense...

Losman to Evans in 2006 = 82 catches, 1300 yards, and 8 TD's

To say those numbers are delusional shows that you must be delusional because he already put up similar numbers behind a bad QB, weak O Line, and Bad coaching staff...

Yet you some how think its delusional to have those numbers on a team with a really good QB, pretty good O Line, and a really good coaching staff...

Man this board is priceless at times...

He would be #2 in philly right now. He was a #2 in Buffalo this past year.

Hey do you know who Mike Furrey is? He had 98 receptions for the Lions in 2006, I guess this makes him a hall of fame player if he has Mcnabb for a QB!

Do you think he is overpaid?

I think a lot of WR would be putting up top 10 numbers if they had Manning for a QB.

You are saying he is overpaid based on his stats...I get that, and yes, if it was just his stats I would say he is overpaid looking at a piece of paper. However, his stats are not his fault. His talent level is WAY higher than his stats.

And NO, you dont have to have Manning...With Losman (who sucks) his stats were 82 rec, 1300 yds, and 8 TD's...thats with Losman...that is how bad our coaching, play calling, and more importantly how absolutely terrible Edwards has been since that year.

So, he is not overpaid, he is absolutley under utilized as a result of atrocious QB play, coaching, and play calling.

He would be #2 in philly right now. He was a #2 in Buffalo this past year.

Hey do you know who Mike Furrey is? He had 98 receptions for the Lions in 2006, I guess this makes him a hall of fame player if he has Mcnabb for a QB!

Um, who said anything about this?

You sais those stats were delusional if he was in Philly, yet he already put similar stats up playing on a much worse team with a terrible QB...

So how would putting those stats up in Philly be delusional?

And you would have to be a complete fool to compare Furrey to Evans...no offense...I mean you are really reaching now