Lee Evans

Billsfan=pain

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he wasn't the 'answer' but you still wanted to trade players and/or high picks for him and his huge contract. Typical brilliance. :thumbsup:

Go stick some pins in your Trent Edwards voodoo doll and you'll feel better.

High Picks? Um no, it wouldnt have taken a high pick to get him. I like Derek when he was playing for Oregon, he showed some promise in Cle when he had a few weapons and put up a pro bowl year, and thought he could push Trent for the job. I wasnt ready to trade first round picks to get him though, lets not exaggerate.

I did say we could explore resigning Greer and trading McGee for him only because we were deep at CB and I didnt have confidence in the FO resigning McGee so didnt want to risk losing him for nothing. It had everything to do with us potentially losing both McGee and Greer and not so much on the acquisition of Derek.

Again, I still think Derek Anderson is a better prospect than Trent Edwards, but thats not because I think Derek is the next great thing, its because he has shown to be capable of putting up some numbers with weapons while Trent Edwards literally has not had a good season since he was actually in High School. It has more to do with how little faith I have in Edwards to turn it around.

If Edwards does turn it around under Gailey, then fantastic. I dont personally have anything against Trent, just that he sucks as a QB. If he fixes the sucking part when he plays QB then I will have no problem with him, thats just not likely to happen.

What do you do with Peerless Price Version 2.0? Well, you need to get an Eric Moulds to complement him, threats out of the backfield and in the middle of the field, and a QB that can play the game. Then you can use him as the deep threat he is.

Oh, well. It's irrelevant given the situation. Just send him on 9 routes so he can maintain good cardiovascular conditioning.

and to everyone who uses his contract as a reason to trade him away: exactly how far under the cap do you want us to get?

The thing about his contract is not how large it is but that as soon as he signed it he stopped playing hard. Lee turned into a pu$$y.

Completely, but saying anything negative about Saint Lee on this board will usually bring instant wrath from his devoted followers.

$9MM for 56 catches a year. Not many guys on the roster with a worse ROI than that.

We could easily sign AQ to an equivilant contract and get double the production.

Southgeorgia, you are at it again...another post so stupid it barely warrants a response. You just showed how LITTLE you actually know about football in this one post. Not that anyone on this board needed more proof as just about every post you make illustrates that.

First, there is definitely a chance of winning in the next 2 years. The Rams were the worst team in the league the year before they won the Super Bowl...Miami won the division a year after winning one game...so to say that in todays NFL that you cant win anything in the next 2 years is absurd. Especially since we have holes, but we also have some good players amongst this team, a lot of them young and still improving. To say winning four games would be over achieving is so blatantly ignorant, especially since we have won 27 games the last 4 years and we should be better this year than last.

But, the DUMBEST thing you just said is that WR is one of the easier postions in the league to acquire...hahahahahaha, are you kidding me? WR is the exact OPPOSITE...its one of the hardest positions to replace, and its also traditionally one of the hardest positions for a rookie to make an impact. Few exceptions occur sure like Boldin's record setting rookie year, but that is rare.

My guess is that your 4 game claim was becuase thats all you won in your season on Madden...

I like how you keep on using the Madden insult that I first used when describing your comprehension of the game. The beautiful irony of it is that you keep calling me stupid in the same posts where you fail to even think of a coherent or lucid insult of your own.

Alphadawg you have a special place in my heart. A warm little cozy corner that I usually reserve for pitying mongoloids and lepers.

Lee takes a lot of crap. He might not be worth all the money, but I do think he is a #1 reciever. If lee is nothing more than a #2, then that many teams in the NFL don't have a number 1 reciever. Granted, Lee isn't an elite reciever. But he is a number one, even if he is average at best. But I think it is easy to say that he would be much better if he had better QB play. Last year was probably the worst as far as our QB and Olines go.

He's not a bad WR by no means, but he definitely isn't worth $9MM a year, not a great route runner and an average #1 WR at best. Unfortunately the previous round table of GM's screwed the pooch on that one, and we're stuck with that humongous contract.

High Picks? Um no, it wouldnt have taken a high pick to get him. I like Derek when he was playing for Oregon, he showed some promise in Cle when he had a few weapons and put up a pro bowl year, and thought he could push Trent for the job. I wasnt ready to trade first round picks to get him though, lets not exaggerate.

I did say we could explore resigning Greer and trading McGee for him only because we were deep at CB and I didnt have confidence in the FO resigning McGee so didnt want to risk losing him for nothing. It had everything to do with us potentially losing both McGee and Greer and not so much on the acquisition of Derek.

Again, I still think Derek Anderson is a better prospect than Trent Edwards, but thats not because I think Derek is the next great thing, its because he has shown to be capable of putting up some numbers with weapons while Trent Edwards literally has not had a good season since he was actually in High School. It has more to do with how little faith I have in Edwards to turn it around.

If Edwards does turn it around under Gailey, then fantastic. I dont personally have anything against Trent, just that he sucks as a QB. If he fixes the sucking part when he plays QB then I will have no problem with him, thats just not likely to happen.

*stammer* *stammer*

I love the sound of Alphadawg trying to explain why his stupidity isn't stupid.

You make me laugh. Not in a good way.

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

Not by any measure. You want to know what to do with our $9 million dollar a year WR? Get a damn quarterback that can throw him the ball, get an offensive line that can block for that quarterback and put a decent receiver on the other side (at present we have nobody now that we know that Owens and Reed won't be back), and you will see Evans playing in February in Hawaii. You people that put Evan's low numbers all on him are so clueless when it comes to football, you need to buy the book "Football for Dummies."

Evans bad. Yeah, okay.

The guy catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. On the run, in traffic, over his shoulder, you name it.

"Never catches it over the middle?" Yeah, that's false. He's rarely thrown to over the middle, but when he is, he catches it. If he catches it in space, he scores.

You doom-n-gloomers will find a way to put a negative spin on anything. Nice life. .

you don't do anything until you are in a position to do so. This team has so many damn holes, and I can't figure out why this board always wants to make more. We don't have a legitimate slot receiver or a #1/2 receiver. Why add another whole to our receiving core while we have so many other needs?

Exactly. Paying Lee Evans roughly the same as Larry Fitzgerald is criminal. But the roster sucks. There's not other top performers to spend the money on. What would getting rid of him accomplish?

Why focus on how overpaid he is? As they proved with Peters, it's not like the team will use the savings to shore up other parts of the team.

I really was excited when we drafted Lee, but it became apperant he is NOT a #1 WR in the NFL. He lacks route running skills, doesn't block great, and will drop balls.

Please describe to me the last play that you remember Evans dropping a pass. Which game, situation, etc.

Evans may have his flaws, but I can't recall a drop. Personally I think the guy has exceptional hands - practically glue-like.

EDIT - After reading through this thread a bit further, it's amazing to me how many people focus on SYMPTOMS of losing football, rather than root CAUSES. Evans' production is a SYMPTOM of bad OL and QB play. It is NOT a CAUSE. Putting the Bills' offensive problems on a scale from causes to symptoms, I would say the following:

causes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>symptoms

OL play -----> QB play -----> TE play ----->RB play ------> WR play

Evans bad. Yeah, okay.

The guy catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. On the run, in traffic, over his shoulder, you name it.

"Never catches it over the middle?" Yeah, that's false. He's rarely thrown to over the middle, but when he is, he catches it. If he catches it in space, he scores.

You doom-n-gloomers will find a way to put a negative spin on anything. Nice life. .

Oh yeah, Lee is better than Andre Reed over the middle!