Marcellus Wiley speaks!

To this day, I've never understood why Wiley has a job. I'm still waiting for the check refund sent to the Bills. The guy does nothing for us for 3 years. Has one 10+ sack season, in which they seemed like Schobel sacks, and then demands to get paid. He leaves the team who brings him in after that fluke of a contract, gets paid, and does nothing for them. Goes to Dallas, and basically retires halfway through his career cause he's crap.

Does this really make him someone who knows something about football. He owes both Buffalo and San Diego money as far as i'm concerned and needs to stop talking about football.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Screw that he also made a pro bowl and won NFL comeback player of the year. Screw that Moulds had teh best season of his career with Flutie. Screw that he helped save teh franchise. Screw that he led an offense that finished 6th and 11th in points. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/

Flutie was an ego maniac who was jsut along for the ride. And our franchise has been so much better since we benched him. :ph34r:

Hey - to be clear - I loved the Flutie acquisition, and was disappointed a few months later when they spent draft picks on Johnson before they had even seen if Flutie was good enough. I was very willing to believe Flutie's monster CFL success would translate enough to stick with him.

AND

Flutie was good enough in my opinion.

I'm just not blind to the fact that he clearly faded physically over the course of that second season, which made it not necessarily stupid to put Johnson in there. He was small and old and it was easy to see how tired his arm was getting. Maybe if he split time early in the season he would have had enough gas left to even help win a super bowl, but as it was, he looked worn out.

MOST importantly, I'm just saying, the QB DID NOT "TAKE US TO THE PLAYOFFS". Few QB's outsisde of Peyton Manning and Dan Marino types do that.

The thinking that the NFL is about finding the perfect QB is the thinking that keeps giving the same teams nice early draft picks to keep trying to find that guy every year, while ignoring the trenches, and wondering why they can never find a successful QB to play behind their crappy OL.

After Flutie/Johnson, we had the moron Gregg Williams coming in and dismantling one of the very best defenses in the league so he could force his own 46 on what had been one of the longest running original 3-4 success stories. "Fixing" what wasn't broken, and ensuring that we were going nowhere for a decade, no matter what QB we brought in.

That Tom Donanhoe looked at the Bills, listened to Greggo, and decided defensive scheme was the problem was really all the proof needed that TD was incompetent. Sorry, Chris Mortensen.

The thinking that the NFL is about finding the perfect QB is the thinking that keeps giving the same teams nice early draft picks to keep trying to find that guy every year, while ignoring the trenches, and wondering why they can never find a successful QB to play behind their crappy OL.

Where ya at ICE MAN... we need to set BobChalmers straight on the importance of QB.

Good now punch the other one for rooting for Drama Queen Johnson. :devil:

as i recall, Johnson basically kept his mouth shut,...it was flutie who did all the squeeling and whining. He may have had just cause, but the bottom line is he was a cfl star.....and thats about it.

Anyone who supported Johnson over Flutie should punch themselves in the face.

Why? because some of us we'ren't short sighted to see that Flutie was just a band aid on something that needed something betterr? I think Alex Smith is proof that sometimes QBs take a few years to develop and find themselves in this league. RJ was an average QB yet did show glipses at being something better. Perhaps had we let him play more in 1998 and 1999 he might have developed on the field.

Marcellus "Dat Dude" Wiley was on Mike and Mike this morning weighing in on the Ray Edwards comments about Roger Gooddell.

Wiley's response essentially was Gooddell is paid a fair amount, Edwards is picking a fight with the wrong guy, etc. But he went on to add that you don't always get paid according to ability citing that when he was here in Buffalo he played with Hall of Famer/greatest sack master in league history: Bruce Smith. He went on to say... "Then we brought in Rob Johnson and all that dude did was take sacks for us, I mean lets be honest here... and he was making more money than a hall of famer in Bruce Smith?!"

Not to stir up a hornets nest a decade later... I just got a chuckle out of it, and wondered if anyone else heard this.

LOL

Why? because some of us we'ren't short sighted to see that Flutie was just a band aid on something that needed something betterr? I think Alex Smith is proof that sometimes QBs take a few years to develop and find themselves in this league. RJ was an average QB yet did show glipses at being something better. Perhaps had we let him play more in 1998 and 1999 he might have developed on the field.

No he won't have. He is completely brain dead. The Curse of Flutie.

No he won't have. He is completely brain dead. The Curse of Flutie.

Yeah the curse that divided Bills fans, there's a reason I started a site called Flutie Haters when he was first signed and still hate that little sob. It's ironic but last year the same thing happened as we "won" when Ryan Fitzpatrick was in there but what did we really win? a few meaningless games that at the end of the day didn't mean squat.