Marcellus Wiley speaks!

Marcellus "Dat Dude" Wiley was on Mike and Mike this morning weighing in on the Ray Edwards comments about Roger Gooddell.

Wiley's response essentially was Gooddell is paid a fair amount, Edwards is picking a fight with the wrong guy, etc. But he went on to add that you don't always get paid according to ability citing that when he was here in Buffalo he played with Hall of Famer/greatest sack master in league history: Bruce Smith. He went on to say... "Then we brought in Rob Johnson and all that dude did was take sacks for us, I mean lets be honest here... and he was making more money than a hall of famer in Bruce Smith?!"

Not to stir up a hornets nest a decade later... I just got a chuckle out of it, and wondered if anyone else heard this.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcellus "Dat Dude" Wiley was on Mike and Mike this morning weighing in on the Ray Edwards comments about Roger Gooddell.

Wiley's response essentially was Gooddell is paid a fair amount, Edwards is picking a fight with the wrong guy, etc. But he went on to add that you don't always get paid according to ability citing that when he was here in Buffalo he played with Hall of Famer/greatest sack master in league history: Bruce Smith. He went on to say... "Then we brought in Rob Johnson and all that dude did was take sacks for us, I mean lets be honest here... and he was making more money than a hall of famer in Bruce Smith?!"

Not to stir up a hornets nest a decade later... I just got a chuckle out of it, and wondered if anyone else heard this.

The Marcellus Wiley interview was directed at Sabastian Janikowski's new contract. Not Gooddell's. but It is all relative anyways. It essentially means the same thing.

The Marcellus Wiley interview was directed at Sabastian Janikowski's new contract. Not Gooddell's. but It is all relative anyways. It essentially means the same thing.

Incorrect my fowl friend. The Janikowski/Lechler conversation was 20 minutes after Wiley's spot. That being said... our common ground here wayward friend is quite simply the ROJO comment. It was as though he couldn't resist a little venting over it.

That was one John Butler missed on big time

Anyone who supported Johnson over Flutie should punch themselves in the face.

I was thinking more in line of anyone supporting either should. A awesome practice QB who was lost during actual games or great pretender who never met a mirror he didnt like.

I like QBs that take us twice to the playoffs in 2 years but that's just me.

Mind you, that was with the #1 (and/or close to it) defense in the NFL.

Of course, the all-important QB position is measured in wins/losses, right, so if the defense carries some stiff to the playoffs, he's actually not a stiff, but a "winning QB".

Never mind that RoJo lost almost as many yards as he gained taking stupid sacks, and Flutie's limited arm clearly started to fail him over the course of a season, as anyone could see him using more and more body twist to make basic throws in December (and losing accuracy in the process).

But you can call that "taking us to the playoffs" if you'd like.

Let's pick up Trent Dilfer while we're at it - he "took" the Ravens to a Super Bowl win, after all.

Mind you, that was with the #1 (and/or close to it) defense in the NFL.

Of course, the all-important QB position is measured in wins/losses, right, so if the defense carries some stiff to the playoffs, he's actually not a stiff, but a "winning QB".

Never mind that RoJo lost almost as many yards as he gained taking stupid sacks, and Flutie's limited arm clearly started to fail him over the course of a season, as anyone could see him using more and more body twist to make basic throws in December (and losing accuracy in the process).

But you can call that "taking us to the playoffs" if you'd like.

Let's pick up Trent Dilfer while we're at it - he "took" the Ravens to a Super Bowl win, after all.

Yeah. Screw that he also made a pro bowl and won NFL comeback player of the year. Screw that Moulds had teh best season of his career with Flutie. Screw that he helped save teh franchise. Screw that he led an offense that finished 6th and 11th in points. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/

Flutie was an ego maniac who was jsut along for the ride. And our franchise has been so much better since we benched him. :ph34r: