Bills #30 in 2010-2011 Rankings-Ouch

gobills28

They spilit with 2 of them and blew a game against the Pats (and outgained them the 2nd game). But you're right. They will all improve and we will be the only one that will get worse obviously.

They won't improve to the point that the Bills will be better than any of the teams within the division. If you think otherwise then which team do you think we will surpass?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the Bills being ranked 30th, but for LaCanfora to say he likes the old coaching staff more than the new one is just !@#$ing stupid. Simple as that. Dick Jauron has always been a loser. Chan Gailey has won wherever he's gone, evidenced by an overall record that includes just one sub-.500 season out of 11. Jauron has eight losing seasons in nine as a head coach.

Therefore, a staff with Gailey at the top >>>>>>>> a staff led by Jauron.

They won't improve to the point that the Bills will be better than any of the teams within the division. If you think otherwise then which team do you think we will surpass?

Impossible to say at this point. I don't think the Jets and Fins are world beaters by any means. And I always count 2 losses against the Pats but it does appear they could be on their way down.

Impossible to say at this point. I don't think the Jets and Fins are world beaters by any means. And I always count 2 losses against the Pats but it does appear they could be on their way down.

If you take off your rose colored glasses you might see better. Each of the three other divisional teams have their franchise qbs and LTs in place. Their defenses are better and more importantly they have better ownerships and front offices. The Bills are in a rebuilding mode. The other teams are much more advanced in a number of ways.

With a new GM and coaching staff I am not so much concerned about how we compare to the other divisional opponents as much as I am focusing on a smart rebuilding strategy. Moving in the right direction with astute personnel decisions in the draft, free agency and trades by this newly constituted staff is what I more interested in. It is going to take time before the Bills become a relevant team. Doing things the right way rather than the short term expedient way for marketing purposes is what I want to see out of this organization.

If you take off your rose colored glasses you might see better. Each of the three other divisional teams have their franchise qbs and LTs in place. Their defenses are better and more importantly they have better ownerships and front offices. The Bills are in a rebuilding mode. The other teams are much more advanced in a number of ways.

With a new GM and coaching staff I am not so much concerned about how we compare to the other divisional opponents as much as I am focusing on a smart rebuilding strategy. Moving in the right direction with astute personnel decisions in the draft, free agency and trades by this newly constituted staff is what I more interested in. It is going to take time before the Bills become a relevant team. Doing things the right way rather than the short term expedient way for marketing purposes is what I want to see out of this organization.

Yet, we still split with them. And Sanchez's 64 QB rating is not that impressive. I can see that without my rose colored glasses. But enjoy the offseason of thinking we're the worst team ever.

You know, every year all these sports pundits think we are going to be either the worst team or in the bottom five. Granted, our team sucks. But we haven't been in the bottom five since we drafted mike williams. We are not a great team, but we are not a bottom 5 team. Plenty of worse teams out there right now.

Even for the people who think our coaching staff isn't anything special (i agree) I think we have a greatly improved front offense, which is what I wanted more.

like who? I'd like to hear how many team PLENTY equals...3-4?

Rams, Chiefs, Raiders, Lions (and they have a potential QB)?

Browns have beat us 2 years in a row. You can't say we are better.

I have no problem with the Bills being ranked 30th, but for LaCanfora to say he likes the old coaching staff more than the new one is just !@#$ing stupid. Simple as that. Dick Jauron has always been a loser. Chan Gailey has won wherever he's gone, evidenced by an overall record that includes just one sub-.500 season out of 11. Jauron has eight losing seasons in nine as a head coach.

Therefore, a staff with Gailey at the top >>>>>>>> a staff led by Jauron.

That was my first thought reading the article. How is that last coaching staff any better?

Our offense was woefully bad during DJ's Tenure and the defense was good at times worse at others. The only thing that was consitent was our really loss to the Browns in some pathetic fashion.

Ill take a cahnce with Gailey over DJ on that alone

Do you honestly believe that the Bills will be better than the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins next year, all divisional opponents? I certainly don't. You don't have to be an NFL expert to realize that the Bills have a major rebuilding project to do before they can be seriously considered a playoff team.

2008 - Did you think that the Dolphins would go from 1-15 to 11-5 with a rookie HC?

2009 - Did you think the Jets would make the playoffs with a rookie HC and rookie QB?

How many experts in the media believed this?

I think we will be a competitive team and finish around .500. Why?

-- Losing Jauron is addition by subtraction. This team will have a new attitude.

-- Gailey is a going to be a major improvement for our offense.

-- Buddy will fill some of the holes in year 1.

-- No way can we have a repeat on the number of injuries we had last year.

Do you honestly believe that the Bills will be better than the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins next year, all divisional opponents? I certainly don't. You don't have to be an NFL expert to realize that the Bills have a major rebuilding project to do before they can be seriously considered a playoff team.

Why not? We split with the Fish and Jets this year. That means we're as good as they are. We lost 2 close games to the Patsies* and 1 close one to the Jets. Could happen.

Bottom line, this guy is smoking crack, obviously.

the transition to 3-4 absolutely kills '10

i said 5-11 for '09 and only a christine chambers td drop prevented that. before the season i even nailed the 'colts playing for nothing bills playing for illusions' re the run-for-the-bus game

4-12 in '10

Yet, we still split with them. And Sanchez's 64 QB rating is not that impressive. I can see that without my rose colored glasses. But enjoy the offseason of thinking we're the worst team ever.

I never said this team is the worst team ever. But what is obvious (at least to me) is that this team is presently very mediocre. The front office has a lot of work in front of them to get this team to the point of respectability.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Jason La Canfora's Pre-Pre-season NFL Rankings for the 2010-2011 season states:

"30. Buffalo Bills - I have a feeling the Bills will be last in AFC East for a long time. Like their old coaching staff more than the new one. Godspeed."

Ouch.

Not saying this guy's opinion is worth anything, but it does slightly hurt the optimistic attitude I'm currently riding.

Now for all ya'll hollerin' and screamin' that I ain't got no reason to optimistic, they ain't don nothin yet.

I simply reply, the Southern Comfort Ralph is pouring us sure is slowly winning me over...but we have't played a game yet...until then..

The truth hurts. This team is going nowhere and recent moves only re-affirm the organizations' s total lack of reality, especially with 3 other organizations in the division that are stong with stong leadership and ownership. Sad, really sad.....

Jason La Canfora's opinion is spot on. The AFC East Basement will belong to the Bills for many years. I like the way Buddy Nix is talking, and believe that the Bills should be on the road to respectability within a few years, but the other teams in the division are much too strong for the Bills to beat out. Please don't hate the messenger because this team is horrible. As much as I want to see the Bills win a super bowl before I die (I'm only 41), I know that they are at least three years away from even possibly making a playoff appearence. The Bills are currently a 2-14 team that somehow managed a 6-10 record.

Great post. Totally agree with everything you said!!!!!! I don't know how they won 6 games with some of the worst QB play that I have ever seen.

The Jets have a great defense no doubt and an up and coming Offense with consistent coaching in place. That's a positive for me, but not a deal breaker. With the right scheme the Colts showed that they can be beaten by using their own aggressiveness against them. Nelson, Hardy, Evans, Jackson, Parrish will all need to be used judiciously and with some strong defensive pressure to pull off 2 wins there in 2010, but it can happen.

The Phins are up in the air right now with a transitional defense, aging and nicked up running game, evolving QB play and no #1 deep threat. Who knows?? Definitely a tough team with a strong FO that will make some moves, but not out of the realm of possibility that the Bills sweep the series.

The Patriots are the mystery here. No doubt a contender for the championship every year. Kind of like George Foreman. You can never under estimate their ability to kick your ass from here to Siberia and back in a split second. Moss is another year older, Welker is coming off injury for the first few games of the season, the defense looked mortal last year, and Brady is still the man. Definitely one of the toughest teams to bring down, but the Bills could be among the giant killers. Stranger things have happened..

These predictions so early against a Bills coaching staff that is this seasoned and still getting their feet under them is premature at best, but not shocking.

They spilit with 2 of them and blew a game against the Pats (and outgained them the 2nd game). But you're right. They will all improve and we will be the only one that will get worse obviously.

I like your attitude. I am the biggest Bills optimist I know and I love the new DC, I love Gailey's attitude, I'm intrigued by the switch to the 3-4 and I've never been this excited for the draft. Not sure how the Lions snuck ahead of us since December. So much will happen between now and September, this isn't even worth looking at. The consensus before this past season was that the Jets were gonna absolutely suck. Go Bills!

By the way, they're so good I could eat... 97 of 'em.