Wkatever We do - Please No Campbell Trade

box0life

If we go out and trade for Jason Campbell, we doom this team for years to come. The only way I take him is if he is a free agent. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about Gailey trading for him to be our starter. The guy sucks. He is why the Redskins have sucked for years. Please don't do this.

I'd rather take my chances on developing Brohm and staying with Edwards then getting Campbell.

If we go out and trade for Jason Campbell, we doom this team for years to come. The only way I take him is if he is a free agent. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about Gailey trading for him to be our starter. The guy sucks. He is why the Redskins have sucked for years. Please don't do this.

I'd rather take my chances on developing Brohm and staying with Edwards then getting Campbell.

Jason Campbell is a free agent. Therefore, he can't be traded.

Jason Campbell is better than anything we got right now. If he was available for a reasonable price (3rd rd) I would take him in a hearbeat. If the Bills ever got him they would need to design the offense for him. He is not a west coaste type of qb; he is the type to throw the ball down the field.

The Skins stupidly did what the Bills did last year. They didn't address the OL to begin the season and to make matters worse they didn't dedicate any meaningful resources for depth on the OL. They did what we did and the results were just as disasterous.

If you can put together a quality line in front of him Jason Campbell can make plays. If the OL is not addressed (upgraded) then it doesn't matter who the qb is.

I would trade for Earl Campbell.

I agree with you on Brohm, campbell has been unsuccesful and he has been surrounded by better players than what we have here I see no Upside to bringing him in

What makes you think this? Why would you make yourself sick over something like this?

Jason Campbell is better than anything we got right now. If he was available for a reasonable price (3rd rd) I would take him in a hearbeat. If the Bills ever got him they would need to design the offense for him. He is not a west coaste type of qb; he is the type to throw the ball down the field.

The Skins stupidly did what the Bills did last year. They didn't address the OL to begin the season and to make matters worse they didn't dedicate any meaningful resources for depth on the OL. They did what we did and the results were just as disasterous.

If you can put together a quality line in front of him Jason Campbell can make plays. If the OL is not addressed (upgraded) then it doesn't matter who the qb is.

Just about anyone is better than what we have. Doesn't mean you get just any QB.

+1

The fact of the matter is that Campbell's OL was decent his first 2 years as a starter. Campbell is Rob Johnson. He would be a solid back up. He has had to many chances to be a productive starter. It just not happening. He doesn't see the receivers or have a pocket presence (you can appreciate this more when you actually go the games). Takes him to long to grasp the offense and read defenses. His fans argue that they have had different offense while he was there and he needs more time under a consistant offense. Mean while Sanchez, Flacco, Ryan, and maybe Stafford to a point have no problem learning their offenses in a year. Never has been a winner in DC.

No more than a sixth round for this guy.

Campbell is certainly better than any QB we have now on the roster, except for maybe Brohm, who still needs a chance to show what he can do.

I would be open to trading for Campbell, but that would be very much dependent upon the price. I would consider a R3 or R4 for him, but nothing more.

If we were to acquire Campbell, we would then have the following QBs to compete for the starting QB spot:

Campbell

Edwards

Fitzpatrick

Brohm.

Brohm would certainly still be given a chance to compete for the starting QB spot so what could it hurt to bring in Campbell??

While the Bills do need a better option at the starting QB spot, they also need to fill (maybe even more so) the all-important starting LT spot. That's why we can't afford to trade out of R1 or select a QB in R1 without selecting a LT in R1.

The fact of the matter is that Campbell's OL was decent his first 2 years as a starter. Campbell is Rob Johnson. He would be a solid back up. He has had to many chances to be a productive starter. It just not happening. He doesn't see the receivers or have a pocket presence (you can appreciate this more when you actually go the games). Takes him to long to grasp the offense and read defenses. His fans argue that they have had different offense while he was there and he needs more time under a consistant offense. Mean while Sanchez, Flacco, Ryan, and maybe Stafford to a point have no problem learning their offenses in a year. Never has been a winner in DC.

No more than a sixth round for this guy.

Every year Jason Campbell has had a different OC and scheme during his college career and pro career. Campbell is certainly not suited to be a west coast type of qb. He is a downfield passer. There is no doubt that dealing with complex reads is not his strong suit. There is a simple to solution to that, simplify the offense to a play action type offense. Terry Bradshaw has admitted that that he was stumped when dealing with the complexity of the offense and defenses, but he was very effective because his offense emphaized throwing the ball down field as opposed to rhythm west coast passes. Bradshaw has recounted how he would constantly be in conflict with the HC, Chuck Nolls, because he was a stickler for details. That wasn't Terry's style.

The successful coaches know that it is their responsibility to adapt their system to the strengths of the players and not try to adapt the player to the system. Jason Campbell is never going to be a Montana, Brady or Peyton Manning in that they can make the instant read of the defenses and then counter with the correct play. Without a doubt that cerebral style of performance is not something he can handle. But in the right system and with a credible OL in front of him he can be successful.

Where is this coming from? Is this rumored to happen? Are we going to choose a different player at random everyday to say we don't want the Bills to get them?

He plays in one of the harder (more competitive divisions in football) and has put up respectable numbers with bad teams and more offensive coordinators than we have gone through. I think he is a legit starter in this league especially after the number he put up and the locke room distractions that he had to go through.

He is a stand up guy that puts up numbers against hard teams.

Every year Jason Campbell has had a different OC and scheme during his college career and pro career. Campbell is certainly not suited to be a west coast type of qb. He is a downfield passer. There is no doubt that dealing with complex reads is not his strong suit. There is a simple to solution to that, simplify the offense to a play action type offense. Terry Bradshaw has admitted that that he was stumped when dealing with the complexity of the offense and defenses, but he was very effective because his offense emphaized throwing the ball down field as opposed to rhythm west coast passes. Bradshaw has recounted how he would constantly be in conflict with the HC, Chuck Nolls, because he was a stickler for details. That wasn't Terry's style.

The successful coaches know that it is their responsibility to adapt their system to the strengths of the players and not try to adapt the player to the system. Jason Campbell is never going to be a Montana, Brady or Peyton Manning in that they can make the instant read of the defenses and then counter with the correct play. Without a doubt that cerebral style of performance is not something he can handle. But in the right system and with a credible OL in front of him he can be successful.

Jason Campbell has also improved every year he has played. This past season Campbell threw for over 3600 yards and 20 touchdowns despite getting sacked 43 times. No one on our roster compares to that (well except for the getting sacked part).

Jason Campbell has also improved every year he has played. This past season Campbell threw for over 3600 yards and 20 touchdowns despite getting sacked 43 times. No one on our roster compares to that (well except for the getting sacked part).

When I sit in Fed Ex field I clearly have not seen the improvement you are speaking of.

If we are going to compare stats, we need to have stats for

- missed open receivers

- misreading defenses

- stupid throws

- games unable to lead your team to touchdowns

- games unable to score 30 points

- yards thrown for after the game was out of hand...touchdowns as well.

- win and loss %.

- lack of respect from team mates.

- why Todd Collins always plays better when he is in the game.

I would take Fitz over Campbell any day. Fitz reads the field much better though not physically as gifted.

Keep in mind the year when the Redskins went to the playoffs was when Campbell was injured and Collins replaced him and won the majority of the games to put them over the top.

We are better off drafting or going for Matt Moore or Troy Smith.

Campbell is a career back up at best. Think Rob Johnson.

He plays in one of the harder (more competitive divisions in football) and has put up respectable numbers with bad teams and more offensive coordinators than we have gone through. I think he is a legit starter in this league especially after the number he put up and the locke room distractions that he had to go through.

He is a stand up guy that puts up numbers against hard teams.

Who cares about numbers?

I want wins. I want a leader.

Living here in DC, I see firsthand that Campbell is capable of neither.

His career improved this past season because of Sherm Lewis.

Cambell is the victim of bad front office decisions, much like Edwards. But in Campbell's case he has had

several different coordinators/head coaches. Always having to learn new offenses. And he had no line at

all last season, he took a beating, yet he always got up and came back, unlike Edwards. He is tougher than

Edwards and has a bigger arm than Edwards and if Gailey could get him the Bills could stretch the field. I don't

see why you wouldn't want to take a chance on Campbell. It's not like you have to give up any high picks for

him.

Where is all this Jason Campbell bulls@#t trade talk coming from ?? Just wondering

Last year the Skins desperately tried to move up in the draft to pick Sanchez. They were not successful. In addition, Campbell's contract was coming up this year and the Skins front office would not extend his contract or even seriously discuss a new contract with him and his agent. Now there is talk that the team is very interested in taking Clausen or Bradford with their first pick. During the season the owner and some of his scouts went to a ND to scout the qb. The signals are clear that the organization has no plan to keep him and are investing a great deal of effort to find a replacement for him.

Where is this coming from? Is this rumored to happen? Are we going to choose a different player at random everyday to say we don't want the Bills to get them?

This was discussed on buffalorumblings.com a few days ago discussing QB options for the Bills.