Anybody else have a problem with...

Armchair GM

Hey, I have all the respect in the world for Manning and Wayne, well...I did anyway. Not to take anything away from them, regarding how they play the game, but I think that showed an utter lack of class, sportmanship, and professionalism. :thumbsup:

I really don't. They will say their piece in the locker room or at some point when it means something instead of trying to yell it and fight through a crowd.

Hey, I have all the respect in the world for Manning and Wayne, well...I did anyway. Not to take anything away from them, regarding how they play the game, but I think that showed an utter lack of class, sportmanship, and professionalism. :thumbsup:

Totally agree. A move that I would expect from the classless Patriots*, but not Manning. Changed my perception some.

I don't. As soon as the game is over, they try to rope off the losing team and usher the stage on the field. It's not like a regular game where teams meet at midfield. They are trying to clear out the losers and guide the winners in the right direction, the whole time navigating through the biggest media population of any game of the season.

It's not uncommon at all to not see handshakes at the end of a super bowl.

Manning said something in his post game interview about why he did what he did. NO big deal. He will call Drew, and coach Payton and congratulate them. Like another poster said, they had things roped off quickly. Knowing New Orleans it could of gotten out of hand with fans rushing the field.

Funny, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority here -- myself included -- ripped Belichick for doing precisely the same thing after losing SB XLII.

Acknowledged, but I was more taken aback by the fact that Billy didn't at least wait till the game was over...

I think Manning is as classy as anyone in the NFL, or all of pro sports, for that matter. It would appear that he made an error in judgment. Losing the Super Bowl isn't something you can practice (insert Kelly joke here). The guy is human, and he hates to lose. Bellichik is different. He goes out of his way to be a jerk on a weekly basis. This was just the end of what was a terrible night for Manning. I'm sure the Saints will understand.

ROFL at you hypocrites. When Belichick doesn't shake hands vigourously enough he's a scumbag but its no problem that Peyton and Wayne mope off the field and don't even shake hands you give them a free pass.

Peyton and Wayne aren't the head coach. If you want a comparable situation to Manning, check last month's Ravens-Pats* humiliation, when Brady and Moss were in the locker room crying by the middle of the 3d quarter.

yeah, its really worth losing sleep over

Seriously, it's not like a professional wrestler has decided to retire. That's something you lose sleep over.

Wasn't aware of any flap with Manning or Wayne, but if both did skip out then they should be called out as well. We don't need to give the icy cold brewski's of the world any ammunition.

ROFL at you hypocrites. When Belichick doesn't shake hands vigourously enough he's a scumbag but its no problem that Peyton and Wayne mope off the field and don't even shake hands you give them a free pass.

They're entitled to. Belichick isn't. Big difference.

No problem with that at all.

And dude are you serious? Even if Belichick did, Bills fans would still call him a scumbag.....im scratching my head wondering "why is this dork on this board? and is he retarded?"

But to comment on your statement (youre a total tard by the way), EVERYONE outside the AFC East gets a pass on trivial matters such as this.

ps...you're a loser.

No problem with that at all.

And dude are you serious? He is. Even if Belichick did, Bills fans would still call him a scumbag.....im scratching my head wondering "why is this dork on this board? He's retarded. and is he retarded?" He's seriously retarded.

But to comment on your statement (youre a total tard by the way), EVERYONE outside the AFC East gets a pass on trivial matters such as this.

ps...you're a loser. You've summed him up well!

Caldwell shook Paytons hand, that is all you need to know. Manning and or Wayne had no reason to stick around.

And Belichek has Man Cans and Bahhhston Sawks Cawk

Nobody likes to lose...so I don't blame them. Peyton is Peyton friggin Manning...he is the epitome of class

Anyway the way I see it is the game ended with Brees kneeling and the Saints winning the Super Bowl...let them celebrate...when someone wins the World Series or the NBA championship the other teams dont like up to shake hands...

As far as I'm concerned once the game is over in a championship game the field/court turns into a celebratory stage. The losing team should exit stage left

Knowing that situations like this just TWEAK Patriot fans to no end makes me smile.

Has there ever been a more whiny bunch of fans of a winning team?

I mean for christ's sake, what will it take to make them happy?

They had a PATRIOTS TAB on ESPN a couple years ago. NHL, NFL, MLB, PATRIOTS

Yet the Pats fans claim they "don't get no respect" and the media hates them and belittles their accomplishments.

It's just old and obnoxious, but then I remember that it shows that they might be almost as miserable as Bills fans, even though they won 3 rings in the past decade. Thus, they will NEVER be happy, which makes me happy as an avid Pats hater.

I thought what Manning did was classy as hell. He was trying to avoid a potential injury to Brees when the media swarmed.

I'll bet that selfish punk Brady would have never thought of that.

LOL