Who do you want to start at QB in 2010?

Bills Starting QB in 2010  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the starting QB on opening day?

• "Touchdown" Trent Edwards
    • Ryan "Golden Wheels" Fitzpatrick
    • Brian Brohm
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Michael Vick
    • Jimmy Clausen
    • Sam Bradford
    • Jeff Garcia
    • "Hanging" Chad Pennington
    • Troy Smith
    • Jason Campbell
    • Tarvaris Jackson
    • Kellen Clemens
    • Kyle Boller
    • David Carr
    • Kyle Orton
    • Brodie Croyle
    • Daunte Culpepper
    • Rex Grossman
    • Tyler Thigpen

For the sake of this question, assume all things are equal given RFA/possible UFA status. The list contains many of these players who may or may not be affected by the CBA issue, as well as some RFA's that would require compensation. That being said, all things equal, who is your top choice to be under center, opening day of 2010?

I'll go on the record with my vote going to Bradford. I'm not concerned with the freak injuries and his arm not being strong enough. I believe his arm is just strong enough to play in B-Lo and his great accuracy, tight spiral (that will help offset the lack of a cannon arm), and his ability to read a defense will more than compesate for his lack of a Jamarus Russell arm (hey, how'd that one work out anyways? :( ). Should it be a high round rookie though, unless we get lucky and someone like Matt Light or Jamal Brown are let go to teast the open market and we jump on it, I have no problem letting the rookie start year one as the backup until a real LT is found.

It's true though... didn't you see that 30 yard scramble he took to the house? If Fitz breaks contain, you can chalk up another 7 on the board, cuz it's all over.

Yes, I saw that one. :( The biggest things I like about Fitz is leadership, guts, and willingness to make plays like that. Too bad his arm is not any better.

No chance of us picking up Peyton Manning I guess. :(

'Fraid not... however, it looks like the heavy favorite amongst us so far is Brohm. I must admit I'm a little surprised, because hearing the conversations around here, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be leading a highly scientific poll such as this. I think it's the right move though. I want to see what this guy has. He's young, he's already on the roster, and he has all the tools to be VERY good. That's not to say that he will be, but it's as much of a gamble as anyone we'd draft. I would like to see our picks go to building the OL and I'm not overly excited about the veteran FA/trade options.

Man, what a sad list of QBs. Edwards is as good as most, so might as well give him and Ryan another shot. I wouldn't give up much for McNabb, though he is the best if this sad bunch. I wouldn't spend a 1 for any of the rookies coming out either. So we end up back at Ryan, Bryan and Trent. Don't we?

'Fraid not... however, it looks like the heavy favorite amongst us so far is Brohm. I must admit I'm a little surprised, because hearing the conversations around here, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be leading a highly scientific poll such as this. I think it's the right move though. I want to see what this guy has. He's young, he's already on the roster, and he has all the tools to be VERY good. That's not to say that he will be, but it's as much of a gamble as anyone we'd draft. I would like to see our picks go to building the OL and I'm not overly excited about the veteran FA/trade options.

I'm following Coach Gailey out the window on this one. I think he'll be able to tell by watching films of these guys whether we need a FA or not. I wonder if any of them are in town and working out. I think that would be a very wise thing for most of the guys on this squad to do and do regularly.

I'm following Coach Gailey out the window on this one. I think he'll be able to tell by watching films of these guys whether we need a FA or not. I wonder if any of them are in town and working out. I think that would be a very wise thing for most of the guys on this squad to do and do regularly.

I can dig it Nanker! Always a wise choice to defer to the CHAN MAN in these matters.

Without a doubt Brohm!

1) he's already on the roster

2) he should be give a chance over Edwards/Fitzy

3) naming him the starter "probably" means we went OT in Rd 1 or 2, so he'll have a better chance at surviving the pass rush

4) it could be the start of the "greatest practice squad pick-up" in Bills recent history...I can just see the NFL Top 10 Pick-ups...haha

For the sake of this question, assume all things are equal given RFA/possible UFA status. The list contains many of these players who may or may not be affected by the CBA issue, as well as some RFA's that would require compensation. That being said, all things equal, who is your top choice to be under center, opening day of 2010?

If Edwards can come back from his head injury (I am conviced that was his problem) he can still be the guy we need

So this is the breakdown (I love data analysis btw)

Feel the starter...

-is already on the roster: 36.1% (35/97)

-is in the draft: 20.6% (20/97)

-should be had in a trade: 38.1% (37/97) -most of which is McNabb,Thigpen,Vick

-will be signed in FA UFA/RFA: 5.2% (5/97)

Interesting enough, no one voted for Fitzy...I agree...I would cut Fitzy over Edwards at this point...

I hope this analysis isn't rendered invalid because people vote since I started calculating...haha

So this is the breakdown (I love data analysis btw)

Feel the starter...

-is already on the roster: 36.1% (35/97)

-is in the draft: 20.6% (20/97)

-should be had in a trade: 38.1% (37/97) -most of which is McNabb,Thigpen,Vick

-will be signed in FA UFA/RFA: 5.2% (5/97)

Interesting enough, no one voted for Fitzy...I agree...I would cut Fitzy over Edwards at this point...

I hope this analysis isn't rendered invalid because people vote since I started calculating...haha

Ultimately the majority of participants in this poll, feel that Brohm should start next year. An interesting twist, causing a large faction to believe our starter should be currently be on the roster... a phenomenon none the less...

Should be noted, however, that Trent is also gaining some steam.

I believe the Brohm love is due to the fact that there are so many other needs, it would be so very convienent that we already have a capable QB on the roster and all our other moves can go to other positions of need. Drafting a QB is always such a gamble and all these other free agent and even trade options suck flat out blow. And if one more dipsh*t calls for bringing in Vick I hope you get your balls cut off. The guy was never an efficient QB and was only a phenomenal athlete taking snaps behind center. That's it. Sorry, I'm just fed up with the Vick talk and it has nothing to do with any crime he commited. HE IS A LOUSY ASS QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Kinda surprised at the level of Brohm love in this Poll...But I can understand it...I'm not crazy about any QB in this Draft...I'd rather take one that slides a bit at a bargain point...I would choose Brohm over Edwards, though I can't help but wonder if Edwards can improve with better Coaching...My gut is telling Me he can't though...We'll see... :(

Geez...hmmm I'd like to say none of the above...I picked Clausen...by default..but I really only seen him play once or twice...I am not sure how S. Bradford is healing from his healing so I passed him up. I'm not impressed by anyone on our roster. D. Mcnabb won't be available...don't really want M. Vick! He hasn't played more than a handful of plays in 3 or so years. Thighpen had a short duration that he was doing well a couple of years ago..but not much lately. Brohm is unable to grasp the playbook, T. Edwards is unable to execute the playbook, and Fitzspatrick looks like he might have ate the playbook! I guess if this is all I have to choose from it goes like this:

1. Donovan McNabb (Starter)

2. Ryan Fitzspatrick (Back-up)

3. Jimmy Clausen (3rd string until the following year unless he absorbs the playbook like a sponge, adapts

quickly to the speed of the NFL.

Hope we don't trade anything for a QB. We need all the picks we can get. As bad as these QB's are, they can't really be that much worse than what we had this year. Maybe Chan can get TE back to the potential that we were once excited for. New coach, new offense, new attitude. Gotta Dream!

I believe the Brohm love is due to the fact that there are so many other needs, it would be so very convienent that we already have a capable QB on the roster and all our other moves can go to other positions of need. Drafting a QB is always such a gamble and all these other free agent and even trade options suck flat out blow. And if one more dipsh*t calls for bringing in Vick I hope you get your balls cut off. The guy was never an efficient QB and was only a phenomenal athlete taking snaps behind center. That's it. Sorry, I'm just fed up with the Vick talk and it has nothing to do with any crime he commited. HE IS A LOUSY ASS QUARTERBACK!!!!!

I couldn't agree more

I voted McNabb. Hell yeah if we can get him. Would be awesome. Would help sign some good WRs too.

You people who picked Brohm must be smokin' crack or something. He got one start and looked like Trent on a bad day. Sure no line and not much practice time, but still. The 2nd or 3rd string QB who hasn't played is always the most popular guy on the team, understood. But, I counted 11 other QBs besides McNabb I'd take over him. Actually if we can't get McNabb, Kyle Orton gets my second vote. Classic pocket passer (like the 2 guys in the Super Bowl (not saying he's as good as those guys)) who wins. Exactly what we need to compliment our running game in 2010. And he's a FA. No more projects. Let's get a real QB for a change.

Others who intrigue me on the list, Duante Culpepper, Tavaris Jackson, Jeff Garcia. I wonder if Rex Grossman has learned anything riding the pine the last few years? Also how about a trade for Kerry Collins or Todd Collins or Mark Brunell? I mean it, I'm tired of baby sitting snot nose rookie QBs!

You people who picked Brohm must be smokin' crack or something. He got one start and looked like Trent on a bad day. Sure no line and not much practice time, but still. The 2nd or 3rd string QB who hasn't played is always the most popular guy on the team, understood. But, I counted 11 other QBs besides McNabb I'd take over him. Actually if we can't get McNabb, Kyle Orton gets my second vote. Classic pocket passer (like the 2 guys in the Super Bowl (not saying he's as good as those guys)) who wins. Exactly what we need to compliment our running game in 2010. And he's a FA. No more projects. Let's get a real QB for a change.

what game were you watching? he looked better than both edwards and fitz had all year save for maybe the first game of the year, after a week to learn almost everything. as much as i did like edwards and think that he probably could turn his game around, i just dont see that working much anymore unless he truly can put his heart into it and earn it in camp. Fitz is definitely NOT a starter, but as a backup he is a good guy to have on the team.

and the "franchise qb" that everyone is looking for will be a project. it is very rare that a team lets their #1 go to FA, and even less likely that we pick them up with anything left in their tank.

what game were you watching? he looked better than both edwards and fitz had all year save for maybe the first game of the year, after a week to learn almost everything. as much as i did like edwards and think that he probably could turn his game around, i just dont see that working much anymore unless he truly can put his heart into it and earn it in camp. Fitz is definitely NOT a starter, but as a backup he is a good guy to have on the team.

and the "franchise qb" that everyone is looking for will be a project. it is very rare that a team lets their #1 go to FA, and even less likely that we pick them up with anything left in their tank.

Agreed... Brohm is the pick here. Lets see what he has!

I am curious, how in Fuc*$ sake did Trentative Edwards get 16 votes in this poll? For those of you that voted for him, haven't you watched this completely inept offensive football team for the last couple of years?

Good Lord, we might as well give Rob Johnson or JP a friggin chance. I wonder if Joe Dufek or Bruce Mathison are available for these morons.

The Bills are in dire need of a QB that knows what it takes to win. I wouldn't mind seeing a proven vet come in next year but I am not opposed to bringing in a rookie, from a winning program, that has very high leadership skills, and let him take this team over.

The days of seeing TE sulking on the sidelines are over and we won't and shouldn't have to put up with that crap again!!