Trade with New England

JPS

I hope Belicheck wants to get into the top 10. The Bills could trade their 1st (9) and 3rd (72) to the Pats for their 1st (22), 2nd (47) and 2nd (53). The point chart has us giving up 1580 and getting 1580. After the deal, we would have 22, 41, 47 and 53 instead of 9, 41 and 72.

I'm thinking the Pats might not want to pay 3 second rounders and it makes sense for the Bills rebuild to do this deal. Consider that Bflo got Wood, Byrd and Levitre in that span last year.

I hope Belicheck wants to get into the top 10. The Bills could trade their 1st (9) and 3rd (72) to the Pats for their 1st (22), 2nd (47) and 2nd (53). The point chart has us giving up 1580 and getting 1580. After the deal, we would have 22, 41, 47 and 53 instead of 9, 41 and 72.

I'm thinking the Pats might not want to pay 3 second rounders and it makes sense for the Bills rebuild to do this deal. Consider that Bflo got Wood, Byrd and Levitre in that span last year.

New England isn't stupid they know that top 10 picks aren't what they use to be. In the draft its better to have 3 picks in the 25-45 range instead of 1 in the top ten and another in the 70-80 range. Sure it might match up in the draft chart but picks in the 25-45 range are consider safer and better instead of high priced upper 1st round picks.

I would love that trade but I know it won't happen.

Just why would New England do anything to help our plight to build a good team?? I can see New England making mutual deals with Kansas City or someone that is far removed from the division...but I don't see this happening at all! And, why are people so inclined to want to move down to medocrity in the draft when we have an opportunity to get the 9th pick in the draft ? I want Quality not Quantity!! We have to many middle of the road players now...I would give all 9 picks we have for 1 Julius Peppers, or 1 Peyton Manning !!! Yeah, you can get a superstar lower in the draft, but overall the best odds are to pick a top 10 pick!!! but pick him prudently!

An example of a trade that did happen. In 2008-No. 8: Ravens to Jaguars. Baltimore traded its first-round selection to Jacksonville for Jacksonville's first-round selection, two third-round selections, and fourth-round selection (No. 26, 71, 89, 125).

Just throwing it out there. What if Bulaga , McClain, Bradford and Claussen are gone and NE is hot for pass rusher (JP Paul)? Not sure NE would do it, but that's what a trade out looks like.

Hey, what impact have we gotten out of 11, 13, 13 and 8?

Anyone wanting to trade with Belichick is not all that bright. Ask the Raiders who gave up what will probably be a high first for an aging Richard Seymour back in September.

Still, Buffalo would do well at this early juncture to trade down. They need all the picks they can get, although teams rarely trade into the top 10.

Have them throw in Matt light

Just why would New England do anything to help our plight to build a good team?? I can see New England making mutual deals with Kansas City or someone that is far removed from the division...but I don't see this happening at all! And, why are people so inclined to want to move down to medocrity in the draft when we have an opportunity to get the 9th pick in the draft ? I want Quality not Quantity!! We have to many middle of the road players now...I would give all 9 picks we have for 1 Julius Peppers, or 1 Peyton Manning !!! Yeah, you can get a superstar lower in the draft, but overall the best odds are to pick a top 10 pick!!! but pick him prudently!

They traded us a Quateback once .

Or SF, with two first round picks, could look to capitalize and move up from 17 and give the Bills pick 48. Still perhaps putting them in range for one of the OTs (Campbell, Bulaga).

How did you dream up this scenario? Nevermind.

There's a simple reason why NE was stock piling 2nd rounders last year during the draft. This is one of the deepest talented drafts (especially on the defensive side) and theyre going to get great value most likely on all their picks. They do not want to trade into the top 10.

The idea of someone trading into the top 10 because they don't want to pay two second round picks is a bit flawed, considering they'll pay millions more just for the # 9 pick than they would for the other three players combined.

Last year's #9: Green Bay - DT, B.J. Raji, Boston College - Signed (5-years, $28.5M; $17.7M guaranteed)

Last Year's #22: Minnesota - WR, Percy Harvin, Florida - Signed (5-years, $14.25M max; $8.425M guaranteed)

Last Year's #47: Oakland (fr. NE/SD) - S, Mike Mitchell, Ohio - Signed (4-years, $3.778M; $2.028M guaranteed)

Last Year's #53: Philadelphia - RB, LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh - Signed (4-years, $3.497M; $1.727M guaranteed)

The only way someone is trading up to that pick is if they feel a difference maker is still available at that position. This being the deepest draft in recent memory, I just don't see it happening.

Has Belicheat ever traded up in the first round? I can't recall him ever doing that. It is far more likely he will trade a second rounder if he doesn't want to use the pick for a first next year.

You have too much time on your hands. Not sure that Belicheat would deal within the division, besides the Pats don't need to move up, they usually do twice as good as us drafting and they are at the other end of the draft in most years.

My god people. I just grabbed NE out of thin air cause I knew they had extra picks and was wondering what we could expect to get FROM ANYONE if we dropped down 10 spots. Okay...I concede...Belicheck will never do this. THE RELEVANT QUESTION IS: SHOULD WE???

Maybe trading down would be worth looking at if QBs, OTs and McClain are gone by 9th pick. Maybe not. But I'd rather explore new ideas than rehash old Bills greats, Sabres games and what Phil Simms thinks about anything.

My god people. I just grabbed NE out of thin air cause I knew they had extra picks and was wondering what we could expect to get FROM ANYONE if we dropped down 10 spots. Okay...I concede...Belicheck will never do this. THE RELEVANT QUESTION IS: SHOULD WE???

Maybe trading down would be worth looking at if QBs, OTs and McClain are gone by 9th pick. Maybe not. But I'd rather explore new ideas than rehash old Bills greats, Sabres games and what Phil Simms thinks about anything.

The reason that everyone jumped on you is that this is not a new idea. It's been rehashed over, and over, and over again, and most people understand that it is unlikely to happen, mostly because of the $ involved.

The idea of someone trading into the top 10 because they don't want to pay two second round picks is a bit flawed, considering they'll pay millions more just for the # 9 pick than they would for the other three players combined.

Last year's #9: Green Bay - DT, B.J. Raji, Boston College - Signed (5-years, $28.5M; $17.7M guaranteed)

Last Year's #22: Minnesota - WR, Percy Harvin, Florida - Signed (5-years, $14.25M max; $8.425M guaranteed)

Last Year's #47: Oakland (fr. NE/SD) - S, Mike Mitchell, Ohio - Signed (4-years, $3.778M; $2.028M guaranteed)

Last Year's #53: Philadelphia - RB, LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh - Signed (4-years, $3.497M; $1.727M guaranteed)

The only way someone is trading up to that pick is if they feel a difference maker is still available at that position. This being the deepest draft in recent memory, I just don't see it happening.

Excellent post.

The reason that everyone jumped on you is that this is not a new idea. It's been rehashed over, and over, and over again, and most people understand that it is unlikely to happen, mostly because of the $ involved.

Well, my apologies then. I haven't seen a trade down or trade up scenario on this board. When I think that the Bills could have traded up 1 spot to get Willis and 1 spot to get Rottenbiker, I think we missed an opportunity that other teams are willing to take advantage of. Teams move around all the time. If the situation is right, why NOT us?

Well, my apologies then. I haven't seen a trade down or trade up scenario on this board. When I think that the Bills could have traded up 1 spot to get Willis and 1 spot to get Rottenbiker, I think we missed an opportunity that other teams are willing to take advantage of. Teams move around all the time. If the situation is right, why NOT us?

I was going to type something smart about how SF reportedly wanted a 2nd to switch picks with them, which would mean that we wouldn't have Poz or Lynch and with the other we wouldn't have Evans or ever tried with Losman to get Big Ben, but then I realized that we would be much better had these happened and we had Ben and Willis.

I could see it happening if NE really loved someone like Eric Berry and he happened to fall to Buffalo. But it's unlikely, they have made a living off making good picks in the mid to late first round.

Than you should have titled the post "Trade Down" rather than "Trade with New England".

AND, you forgot the friggin asterisk!

That's what I'm talking about, trade down, trade down and trade down again

If we had 3 2nd's and 3/4 3rd's we would end up with 6 or 7 of the best 100 players in the draft and this team has lots of needs. LT, LB, DT, DE, WR, maybe RB, oh ya and that small little QB position. One player will not make or break this team next year but getting several impact players could. We hit big late in round 1 and 2, so gather draft picks!

love the idea

I agree with trading down if, when we get to #9, there are reasons to trade down. For example, if we have several players graded the same and it is likley that we will get one of them on a trade down, then why not do it and collect another pick? Can't remeber the last trade down?

Trading to move 1 or 2 pots is usually costly. We traded up for Losman and McCargo, both times reaching to fill positions of need. Both times we struck out.

I like our spot at #9 to be honest

we have a sure shot at Davis or Bulaga

I like Bulaga but I would rather Iaputi than Davis. The rap on Davis is consistancy and motivation. I remember we drafted a very talented LT once opon a time that did not want to play football. That would keep me away from Davis.

Our talent evaluators have to ask the question. Will the money change this Player? They have to ask that question with regard to anyone in top three picks.