Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

yeah because he's 1010109893737271718x worse than McNabb. What is the infatuation with him? He was a horrible QB before his off the field issues.

You're missing the point. I don't want either. If you're looking for a seat warmer, Vick would be the guy because he costs less.

I don't think McNabb is the answer.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNabb is the long term answer? Stop with the bandaid mentality. Very loserish.

Yep, some guy made the Pro-Bowl this year playing QB at a high level who just happens to be seven years older than McNabb! Sign him up! The man has at least 3-4 good years maybe 5!

Maybe not. Don't forget Mcnabb did play at Syracuse which we all know isn't far from Buffalo

I really don't see what playing college football 120 miles away from an NFL city makes a player more inclined to go there.

What is with all the Bills-Eagles trades. Tired of that really. But I think they'd want to swap first rounders, and our second. Maybe throw Lynch in there and they get the Bills second and Lynch for McRibb. A lot to ask for a guy who smiles when he throws worm burners and plays a mean air guitar.

Yep, some guy made the Pro-Bowl this year playing QB at a high level who just happens to be seven years older than McNabb! Sign him up! The man has at least 3-4 good years maybe 5!

Not in Buffalo he doesn't. Minny would be his fit. Childress and McNabbs familiarity with the offense plus they're ready to win. McNabb is not the missing piece in Buffalo. We're much further away.

I think the question is, those who want McNabb, do you think we can win now? I think we're a good 2 real good drafts and offseason acquisition seasons away.

Brother, Robbins is old, and appears to have run smack into the wall, and Baluga looks like a 2nd round RT from where I sit.

I am hoping that McClain falls to us, but I doubt that he will.

Well, I admit I know nothing of this Baluga character, so I can't comment. Bryan Bulaga, on the other hand, is an excellent run blocker that manhandled one of the draft's top pure pass-rushers--GT's Derrick Morgan--in his most recent bowl performance. He is almost certain to be a top 15 pick that could start at LT early on in his career. NFL Network's Mike Mayock ranks him as the 2nd best tackle prospect overall.

My issues regarding bills_fan's scenario center around the overall practicality of the moves he lists. Specifically:

- If you trade a 2nd and Edwards for McNabb (why would the Eagles want Edwards?), you still need a young QB to groom behind him...someone other than Brian Brohm. Without a 2nd round pick, that becomes more difficult; you'd need to spend a 3rd rounder on a QB, which pushes LB further down the list.

- Derrick Johnson is a RFA (thanks to the lack of a CBA extension), and unless we plan to give up our 1st round pick, he's not in play.

- I could take or leave Incognito, he's totally hum-drum in my opinion.

Just my 1 cent.

Well, I admit I know nothing of this Baluga character, so I can't comment. Bryan Bulaga, on the other hand, is an excellent run blocker that manhandled one of the draft's top pure pass-rushers--GT's Derrick Morgan--in his most recent bowl performance. He is almost certain to be a top 15 pick that could start at LT early on in his career. NFL Network's Mike Mayock ranks him as the 2nd best tackle prospect overall.

My issues regarding bills_fan's scenario center around the overall practicality of the moves he lists. Specifically:

- If you trade a 2nd and Edwards for McNabb (why would the Eagles want Edwards?), you still need a young QB to groom behind him...someone other than Brian Brohm. Without a 2nd round pick, that becomes more difficult; you'd need to spend a 3rd rounder on a QB, which pushes LB further down the list.

- Derrick Johnson is a RFA (thanks to the lack of a CBA extension), and unless we plan to give up our 1st round pick, he's not in play.

- I could take or leave Incognito, he's totally hum-drum in my opinion.

Just my 1 cent.

I hope you are right about Bulaga. He seems as strong as an ox. but not very nimble from what I have seen. This by no means makes my opinion correct mind you, but he remind me more of a RT than a LT at this point. Hey....we desperately need one of those too (Butler is always hurt), but a #9 seems a bit high.

Jmo and I truly hope to be wrong.

What is with all the Bills-Eagles trades. Tired of that really. But I think they'd want to swap first rounders, and our second. Maybe throw Lynch in there and they get the Bills second and Lynch for McRibb. A lot to ask for a guy who smiles when he throws worm burners goes to the playoffs every year and plays a mean air guitar.

Fixed it for you.

Lee Hamilton is a sports talk show host in San Diego.

Secondly, Adam Shefter reported the same thing Hamilton did in that the Bills did in fact interview Jim Bates. Just because the Bills interviewed Bates doesn't mean he's going to be hired.

Thirdly, I know as much as you, and I don't come across like the guy from East Aurora.

So what you're saying is is that Shefter gets all his information from listening to Hamilton and other sports talk shows.

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

Dear Lord ! Please let the Rams have him.

if they were to bring in McNabb, sure would be nice to have LeFevour developing as well. Shouldn't put too much hope in Brohm

watch your boy LeFevour at senior bowl...I understand he has been super impressive. if we can't get LeFevour, let's sign Colt Brennan or Chase Daniels

Obtaining McNabb for possibly a R2 pick would be a very good move for the Bills at this point. We desperately need to fill the starting QB spot with a more capable player.

I'd like to see us get both McNabb and LT M. McNeil prior to the draft. That would take care of two dire needs. Then the Bills could concentrate on drafting the best players available at their next highest need positions. It would make sense at that point to trade down from #9 overall to obtain more high level picks.

Bringing in McNabb makes about as much sense as bringing in Bledsoe did. I don't think Nix and Gailey are that dumb. You've got to get a top QB in the draft or a young backup with potential for development. McNabb is too old and beat up by life in the NFL. He would bring as many negatives as positives.

Perfect response

you plug the biggest hole of all with McNabb, if even for 2-3 years. that gives time for a guy like Trent or Brohm to actually learn from a pro-bowl QB. this is how great qb's are developed - by sitting behind seasoned vetrans. one of the only guys it didn't work for was Losman. This is how E. manning, Pennington, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Kolb, etc all developed. Going the route of Flacco, Rothelisberger, Ryan is more unpredictable.

a 2nd and 4th for McNabb for 2-3 years with Trent/Brohm behind him or another developing QB. Get a RT or LT in the 1st round and LBs in 3rd and FA. It would hurt us most in not getting a DT or DE which we could really use. But this at least gives us a QB who can win a game for us, which we have not had since, oh well we all know when...

What seasoned veteran did Losman sit behind? Are we talking about his rookie year that he missed with a broken leg behind Bledsoe or his second year when he was the starter? Please put the crack down. Trent isn't going to "learn" how to grow balls or an above average NFL arm and in 3 years he hasn't "learned" how to read or beat a 3 - 4 defense.

Get McNabb, fine, but i still think we need a 1st round QB. If McNabb plays for 2-3 years, itll be enough time for the young qb to learn from him, and plus it does fill in our biggest whole

If we got McNabb we need a first round LT to keep the guy on his feet!!!! Why get a real QB if we don't give him time to throw the ball. Getting McNabb as a free agent would make getting a QB one of the biggest luxury picks ever.

The bills need a long term fix at qb. I am not sure how many good seasons McNabb has in him. We have had a few past their prime FA come here to die in the last few years I think. Giving up a first day pick for Mcnaab would ensure that there is not much of a grooming process for any other qb.

Would rather trade for Troy Smith, I said this last offseason as well. He is much younger, and possibly the best QB in Baltimore. Injured 2 years ago when won the job over Flacco, then Flacco just remained. He could be had for maybe a 3rd or less. The first two rounds could then fill need. He has tremendous upside, and is pretty NFL ready I think.

Just a thought.

I think if I was going to choose an Eagle, I would go after Kolb.

Agreed. Problem is, Philly realizes their best shot at success comes with the kid. They realize DMs best days are behind him.

If DM can't be their savior, he certainly can't be ours. Otherwise, why would they dangle him?

The bills need a long term fix at qb. I am not sure how many good seasons McNabb has in him. We have had a few past their prime FA come here to die in the last few years I think. Giving up a first day pick for Mcnaab would ensure that there is not much of a grooming process for any other qb.

Would rather trade for Troy Smith, I said this last offseason as well. He is much younger, and possibly the best QB in Baltimore. Injured 2 years ago when won the job over Flacco, then Flacco just remained. He could be had for maybe a 3rd or less. The first two rounds could then fill need. He has tremendous upside, and is pretty NFL ready I think.

Just a thought.

I started a free agent QB poll and currently Troy Smith is tied with Kyle Orton of all people. It is a gamble no doubt as all free agent picks up are but to me Troy Smith has by far the biggest potential upside of all of the free agents out there. He could be a stop gap measure with the possibility of turning into the QB of the future.

If not for anything else Ozzy Newsome has a pretty good eye for talent. I would take their cast offs over any of our first choices the last few years.

you plug the biggest hole of all with McNabb, if even for 2-3 years. that gives time for a guy like Trent or Brohm to actually learn from a pro-bowl QB. this is how great qb's are developed - by sitting behind seasoned vetrans. one of the only guys it didn't work for was Losman. This is how E. manning, Pennington, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Kolb, etc all developed. Going the route of Flacco, Rothelisberger, Ryan is more unpredictable.

a 2nd and 4th for McNabb for 2-3 years with Trent/Brohm behind him or another developing QB. Get a RT or LT in the 1st round and LBs in 3rd and FA. It would hurt us most in not getting a DT or DE which we could really use. But this at least gives us a QB who can win a game for us, which we have not had since, oh well we all know when...

I'm not sure McNabb is a good "attitude" guy. He might not take to well to getting nocked down.

I'm not convinced Trent can't read a defense. I think early in his career, with better protection, he showed he could grow to be a decent NFL QB. Then two things happened. 1) we started letting our line deteriorate, and 2) he got shellshocked by some hard hits. He hasn't looked the same since. But given a good offensive coaching staff and system, with a good offensive line, I think trent can be okay...not elite...but okay in the NFL.

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

Everything I read elsewhere, if there is a place he is likely to go it would be Minnesota.

What's the hatred towards McNabb. The guy has done literally nothing but win in this league. Even since his draft, this guy has heard nothing but negativity directed at him. Sure, he hasn't won the super bowl...those are just the breaks sometimes. The eagles will soon miss him after he's gone imo.

I would personally give up anything (draft pick wise) to get him. This is a win-now league, and he can give us at least 3 outstanding seasons imo.

With a pro-bowl QB under Center, all our other needs are much easier to address.

Nix stated that you build through the draft. I don't see him giving up draft picks at all for a mostly used up McNabb, unless they're ones from later on the second day of drafting.

For the love of god.... please NO McNabb... I will never hear then end of it when I go to the our Philadelphia office. Everyone at the office wants to get rid of him... they will be glad to take a stapler for him or a roll of tape...

That's because they don't have Trend Edwards.

If we can get McNabb for a 2nd round pick, it is a no brainner. You guys seems to think the Bills know what to do with their draft picks. How was JP Losman, Lynch, Whitner, Mike Williams? And how come we could not draft a good QB in the past 10 years? McNabb maybe on the down side of his career, he is still 100x better than what we have now. About what TO said regarding McNabb, all of a sudden TO has become a voice of reason? Get real. McNabb still took the team to Superbowl and has been to playoff how many times?? The Bledsoe comparison is almost true but McNabb has been to a lot more big games than Bledsoe. He also proved that he can win games for you. I personally do not see how we can lose on this deal. Given the Bills' track record in drafting, I don't value the picks as much as some of you do.

Just a thought.

Has he started any games, or played in many? serious question, I know nothing of him, haven't seen him.

If he has real potential, and ready to start, could be good. I was thinkin rnd 2 pick for McNabb would be good, but you'd still have to draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd round to groom.

So if we could get Smith w/ a 3rd, that's be awesome, assuming he's good. Kinda kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone.