Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

Don't try to bring up logic to Vick fans, all they see is that Madden cover and that time he won in Lambeau. He throws a lot of picks, is prone to fumbling, has a QB rating of 76, and really only one winning season. There's nothing there. Plus, you know, the whole scumbag issue.

I would love to see McNabb here. He's an energetic and dynamic player, has been frequently brilliant/terminally unappreciated in Philly, and is known to be a mentor/leader. We get a new guy behind him to learn the ropes and spend the rest of our energy on fixing the O line and suddenly there's a little hope for the future.

yeah, great leader.....like in the SB vomitting at crunch time. You can have McNabb. I'll pass. Draft a QB and stick him in there ala Ben, Eli and Philip and hope they guessed right just like the organizations that drafted the 3 I referred to.

They were fortunate, we can be too. Screw the "grooming" crap.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

OH DEAR GOD LET THIS BE TRUE?!?!?!

Better yet...

LET THIS HAPPEN PLEASE!!??!!

I hate to think what we would have to give up for McNabb.

Would it even be worth it?

Probably no more than a second round pick. That being said would you be willing to give up a potential player like Jairus Byrd for a 30+ year old established QB like McNabb? I'd lean towards no, especially since Byrd is a pro bowl lpayer in his rookie year. Then again, how many times are you gonna hit on your second round pick like that? Its a tough call. It would no doubt be an immediate upgrade at the position and would likely result in us at least being in the mix of playoff teams next year---the Bills were in a lot of games they ultimately ended up losing because of horrible QB play and lack of scoring. I could easily see McNabb by himself being enough for at least 3 extra wins if not more---its the most important position in the game.

So basically it comes down to how much the Eagles want. If its a first round pick, forget it. He isn't worth it at this point in his career.

Bringing in McNabb makes about as much sense as bringing in Bledsoe did. I don't think Nix and Gailey are that dumb. You've got to get a top QB in the draft or a young backup with potential for development. McNabb is too old and beat up by life in the NFL. He would bring as many negatives as positives.

Well played!

I could easily see McNabb by himself being enough for at least 3 extra wins if not more---its the most important position in the game.

So basically it comes down to how much the Eagles want. If its a first round pick, forget it. He isn't worth it at this point in his career.

With all due respect, the only thing more wrong than Mcnabb being at LEAST worth 3 games by himself is the fact that you'd not trade a 1 for that.

Come on, now.....

I would not offer a 2nd for McNabb. I would put TE and a 4th or maybe offer another player with a 4th.

I love the idea of getting Chester Taylor but we should keep Lynch...no trades here. Whitner and a 4th...interesting but only if we sign George Wilson. I think George Wison is a must.

Bringing in McNabb makes about as much sense as bringing in Bledsoe did. I don't think Nix and Gailey are that dumb. You've got to get a top QB in the draft or a young backup with potential for development. McNabb is too old and beat up by life in the NFL. He would bring as many negatives as positives.

1- I agree with the Bledsoe comparisons

2- Nix is on record saying we need a QB with a strong arm who can play in Buffalo's climate. Mcnabb has that arm and for the last several years the Eagles FO have had thoughts of trading him. Trading for Mcnabb could happen.

3- Brian Brohm could be that young backup with potential for development. If for some miracle we do get Mcnabb it gives us time to see what Brohm has to offer.

There are 2 HUGE differences between Mcnabb and Bledsoe, pocket presence and turnovers. McNabb is exactly the type of QB the Bills need. Plus, you make it sound like young QB's are a dime a dozen.

yeah, great leader.....like in the SB vomitting at crunch time. You can have McNabb. I'll pass. Draft a QB and stick him in there ala Ben, Eli and Philip and hope they guessed right just like the organizations that drafted the 3 I referred to.

They were fortunate, we can be too. Screw the "grooming" crap.

Great. The "barfing Bills"

you plug the biggest hole of all with McNabb, if even for 2-3 years. that gives time for a guy like Trent or Brohm to actually learn from a pro-bowl QB. this is how great qb's are developed - by sitting behind seasoned vetrans. one of the only guys it didn't work for was Losman. This is how E. manning, Pennington, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Kolb, etc all developed. Going the route of Flacco, Rothelisberger, Ryan is more unpredictable.

a 2nd and 4th for McNabb for 2-3 years with Trent/Brohm behind him or another developing QB. Get a RT or LT in the 1st round and LBs in 3rd and FA. It would hurt us most in not getting a DT or DE which we could really use. But this at least gives us a QB who can win a game for us, which we have not had since, oh well we all know when...

Brohm not trent

I agree. Not only that but the Bills-Eagles are perfect trade partners because we are strong in positions Philly is weak and vice versa. Whitner and Lynch are good upgrades for Philly and Trent gives them value too.

and there's a history there as well. But isn't phili set at RB?