Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably no more than a second round pick. That being said would you be willing to give up a potential player like Jairus Byrd for a 30+ year old established QB like McNabb? I'd lean towards no, especially since Byrd is a pro bowl lpayer in his rookie year. Then again, how many times are you gonna hit on your second round pick like that? Its a tough call. It would no doubt be an immediate upgrade at the position and would likely result in us at least being in the mix of playoff teams next year---the Bills were in a lot of games they ultimately ended up losing because of horrible QB play and lack of scoring. I could easily see McNabb by himself being enough for at least 3 extra wins if not more---its the most important position in the game.

So basically it comes down to how much the Eagles want. If its a first round pick, forget it. He isn't worth it at this point in his career.

put down the crqck pipe. trade byrd get freaking real!

let's talk cap hit....

the #9 pick will probably get a 5yr / $ 35 mil deal (ave $7 mil / yr)

Donavan McNabb is heading into the second year of a 2yr / $24.5 mil deal (ave $12mil/yr)

he will demand an extension......or be very unhappy....or he could play out his one year deal and hit free agency....leaving us with nothing.

his playoff QB rating in 80...not to good......and Terrell Owens called him out for having an anxiety attack so bad in a playoff game that he couldn't even talk to call the plays. Not only does he blame a Super Bowl loss on McNabb, calling him a quitter, Owens says McNabb chokes in big games and suggests that McNabb can't perform under pressure.

another time Owens said that the team would be better off with Brett Favre as their QB......mcnabb's reaction?.....donavan turned it into a "race" issue http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2315565 and proceeded to name two white receivers that they would be better off with.

owens to me is like jose conseco......he might be an azz.....but everything he says is true.

i'm not against trading my #1 pick..........but not for McNabb.

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

Well my feelings on this are mixed... I respect McNabb, but it's still only a stopgap.. Since we'll be altering the defensive philosophy, perhaps this prospective trade ends up being roster players.. Maybe Lynch, Kyle Williams, pozlusny, players that might fit what they do and aren't in the Bills plans...

Personally, I am with Donte and would be all for making a move to get Troy Smith, because he has more upside where as with McNabb, without a new deal in place is here for one year, and theres no telling how much longer he will be a good QB for

I would also prefer spending a pick to get a LT in a trade or RFA. Get someone who has experience and can start from Day one, the line is young enough at this point, adding another rookie to a line that consists of 2 2nd year players (only one has a full season of NFL experience) isn't going to improve the lines much right now

put down the crqck pipe. trade byrd get freaking real!

I didn't mean trade Byrd. I meant would the Bills be willing to trade their second round pick for McNabb---meaning would the Bills be willing to trade the chance to draft a player like Byrd(which they got in the second round) to get a 30+ year old established QB?

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

I'm not in favor of a trade for McNabb. We need every draft pick we can get our hands on to rebuild the team.

Don't need no QB with a splashy name, LMAO!

With all due respect, the only thing more wrong than Mcnabb being at LEAST worth 3 games by himself is the fact that you'd not trade a 1 for that.

Come on, now.....

So you still think the Bills lose to the Browns, Jaguars, Patriots(2nd game) and Jets with McNabb as QB? Games in which the Bills QBs went a combined 60 for 110 with 2 TDs and 5 INTs for an average of 181 yards, scoring a total of 41 points in the 4 games? All four of which would have been Bills victories if they could have scored 20 points in them?

Sorry, but I think it is pretty obvious McNabb could have likely won us at least 3 of those games. Our QB play was atrocious in 3 out of the 4 and decent in one(Jaguars game where Fitz almost threw for 300 yards--a milestone for Bills QBs). Yet we lost 6-3, 18-15(in the last minute), 19-13, and 17-10. All of them 7 points or less. McNabb isn't worth an extra seven points in 3 of those games? I certainly think he would have been.

I hate to think what we would have to give up for McNabb.

Would it even be worth it?

I would say since Westbrook is probably done, we could send Lynch and a 3rd maybe. Not sure if that would be enough, depending if the Eagles really want to get rid of him to start the Kevin Kolb era in Philly. McNabb only has one year left on his deal, so it might be a good fit if we draft a high QB (Clausen) and have him sit behind McNabb for a year. I would be all for it.