Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say since Westbrook is probably done, we could send Lynch and a 3rd maybe. Not sure if that would be enough, depending if the Eagles really want to get rid of him to start the Kevin Kolb era in Philly. McNabb only has one year left on his deal, so it might be a good fit if we draft a high QB (Clausen) and have him sit behind McNabb for a year. I would be all for it.

:beer:

Lynch and a 3rd?!? Just So McNabb could keep the seat warm for a 1st round QB?

What the....... :thumbdown:

So you still think the Bills lose to the Browns, Jaguars, Patriots(2nd game) and Jets with McNabb as QB? Games in which the Bills QBs went a combined 60 for 110 with 2 TDs and 5 INTs for an average of 181 yards, scoring a total of 41 points in the 4 games? All four of which would have been Bills victories if they could have scored 20 points in them?

Sorry, but I think it is pretty obvious McNabb could have likely won us at least 3 of those games. Our QB play was atrocious in 3 out of the 4 and decent in one(Jaguars game where Fitz almost threw for 300 yards--a milestone for Bills QBs). Yet we lost 6-3, 18-15(in the last minute), 19-13, and 17-10. All of them 7 points or less. McNabb isn't worth an extra seven points in 3 of those games? I certainly think he would have been.

No. I don't think that by simply inserting McNabb he would have made that difference. A different offense behind an awful line that would have pressured him into far too many inaccurate passes that he is renowned for.

Sorry, he's just not that good.

He's also been throwing to dreck WR's for most of his career. The year he had TO they seemed to do OK!

The guy has never had a legitimate RB or WR corp. He's carried that team.

Brian Westbrook has been one of the best at running and receiving over the last few years.

Yes crappy quarterbacks generally cost less than good ones.

I agree, in watching him this year, Vick appears to have lost so much with regards to his quick burts and speed. Never was the greatest passer, strong arm but poor accuracy. Unless the Eagles pick up the multimillion dollar option on Vick, he will be a free agent anyway.

I hate to think what we would have to give up for McNabb.

Would it even be worth it?

Right.

Certainly NOT a 1st, based on his age alone.

I would feel comfortable giving a 2010 3rd or 4th rounder with a conditional late round pick in 2011 depending on performance.

:thumbsup:

Lynch and a 3rd?!? Just So McNabb could keep the seat warm for a 1st round QB?

What the....... :doh:

I don't know if we can do any better than Mcnabb. Why wouldn't we give up a troubled running back and a third rounder? How many third rounders have we drafted in the past ten years that have contributed to the team at the level mcnabb could for the next few years?

I would definately do this......

Get McNabb.....groom Brohm. Use the 9th overall for a LT or trade down and still use the top pick for a LT.

I couldn't disagree with this blog more! Now, I'm okay with getting McNabb (but not for a 2nd round draft pick)..although McNabb is on the downside...and it's a Guarantee that T.O. will be gone as McNabb & T.O. couldn't co-exist the first time around in Philly...So that definitely opens up a hole at WR ! I strongly believe if you want to remake this franchise you need to draft a franchise QB in the 1st round ! Yes, I agree with you that we need a top left OT as well and this is the year that you want to find a way back into the first round and grab one!! New England finds a way into the first round often and did last year as well ! M. Lynch and our 2nd or 3rd rounder for another 1st rounder is fine with me! Someone was bragging that we have 9 picks this draft! I was like woopie, big deal...because 4 of the 9 picks were either 6th or 7th rounders which normally nets you a big nothing! IT's Quality versus Quantity.... I'll take quality everytime! I'd give all 9 picks for one Peyton Manning or Tom Brady! The same goes with respect to trading down....typically you are trading down to a more marginal player which R. Wilson may like because the player will cost less...but also typically be a middle of the road player like Ryan Denny...he's okay...never great...and sometimes good and sometimes not so good...we have mostly those kind of players now!! Get me two studs in the 1st round and a solid player in the 3rd and I'm feeling great!! The 3 biggest holes to fill and there are several...are: QB, L OT, DT. Brian Brohm needs to get a grasp of a NFL Playbook before he can be groomed to do anything but be Brohm's broom and sweep the fieldhouse after practice!! Sorry, but he's #3 QB at best right now! (If he sticks on the roster). So go after McNabb..don't give up too much in the process and overpay for a soon to be has been QB who will retire as an Eagle anyways! Draft your future, resign them when they get good without losing them in free agency and continue to build through the draft and you will have an extremely good team in 3 years if you make the most out of picking in the draft!!! :thumbsup:

I don't know if we can do any better than Mcnabb. Why wouldn't we give up a troubled running back and a third rounder? How many third rounders have we drafted in the past ten years that have contributed to the team at the level mcnabb could for the next few years?

I guess you're right. Matter of fact, lets give them a decades worth of 3rd's. We'll only @$% them up anyway, right?

For the love of god.... please NO McNabb... I will never hear then end of it when I go to the our Philadelphia office. Everyone at the office wants to get rid of him... they will be glad to take a stapler for him or a roll of tape...

While the fact you might have to take some **** from the Eagles fans doesn't bother me, and won't bother you if he is our QB either. Maybe we can trade for Ricky Williams, then trade him straight up. Maybe then the fans will be happy because they got the guy they wanted.

As far as the trade, I will supply the tape, but they can't have my Red Swingline Stapler...

I hate to think what we would have to give up for McNabb.

Would it even be worth it?

I would trade Drew Bledsoe for McNabb otherwise NO DICE!

This is probably why the Bills will do it because the Buffalo fans thought the Bledsoe deal was great and Ralph likes to repeat past mistakes as often as possible.

I couldn't disagree with this blog more! Now, I'm okay with getting McNabb (but not for a 2nd round draft pick)..although McNabb is on the downside...and it's a Guarantee that T.O. will be gone as McNabb & T.O. couldn't co-exist the first time around in Philly...So that definitely opens up a hole at WR ! I strongly believe if you want to remake this franchise you need to draft a franchise QB in the 1st round ! Yes, I agree with you that we need a top left OT as well and this is the year that you want to find a way back into the first round and grab one!! New England finds a way into the first round often and did last year as well ! M. Lynch and our 2nd or 3rd rounder for another 1st rounder is fine with me! Someone was bragging that we have 9 picks this draft! I was like woopie, big deal...because 4 of the 9 picks were either 6th or 7th rounders which normally nets you a big nothing! IT's Quality versus Quantity.... I'll take quality everytime! I'd give all 9 picks for one Peyton Manning or Tom Brady! The same goes with respect to trading down....typically you are trading down to a more marginal player which R. Wilson may like because the player will cost less...but also typically be a middle of the road player like Ryan Denny...he's okay...never great...and sometimes good and sometimes not so good...we have mostly those kind of players now!! Get me two studs in the 1st round and a solid player in the 3rd and I'm feeling great!! The 3 biggest holes to fill and there are several...are: QB, L OT, DT. Brian Brohm needs to get a grasp of a NFL Playbook before he can be groomed to do anything but be Brohm's broom and sweep the fieldhouse after practice!! Sorry, but he's #3 QB at best right now! (If he sticks on the roster). So go after McNabb..don't give up too much in the process and overpay for a soon to be has been QB who will retire as an Eagle anyways! Draft your future, resign them when they get good without losing them in free agency and continue to build through the draft and you will have an extremely good team in 3 years if you make the most out of picking in the draft!!! :thumbsup:

There will not be one available