Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNabb can't put a team on his back and win games week in and week out but he is still a top 10 QB. I think the change of scenery will be good for him too. Plus, he's it when it comes to options at QB via free agency/trade. Otherwise, we are going with a journeyman or a rookie and that never works out unless you have a great defense and supporting offensive cast. He's got 2 maybe 3 solid years left in him and he would be the leader that the Bills desperately need.

\

I'm guessing a 2nd rd pick this year and 4th next year might be enough do make the deal

I'd do that. Then you get the best left tackle available at #9, maybe grab another o-lineman in the 4th or 5th for depth, and spend the rest of the offseason fixing the defense.

Lots of stuff goes on at the senior bowl. I believe it as well. I just can't see giving up anything more than a 2nd for McNabb...and I'm torn about even giving that up. This team has too many holes.

you plug the biggest hole of all with McNabb, if even for 2-3 years. that gives time for a guy like Trent or Brohm to actually learn from a pro-bowl QB. this is how great qb's are developed - by sitting behind seasoned vetrans. one of the only guys it didn't work for was Losman. This is how E. manning, Pennington, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Kolb, etc all developed. Going the route of Flacco, Rothelisberger, Ryan is more unpredictable.

a 2nd and 4th for McNabb for 2-3 years with Trent/Brohm behind him or another developing QB. Get a RT or LT in the 1st round and LBs in 3rd and FA. It would hurt us most in not getting a DT or DE which we could really use. But this at least gives us a QB who can win a game for us, which we have not had since, oh well we all know when...

McNabb can't put a team on his back and win games week in and week out but he is still a top 10 QB.

Don't know about that. He basically is the Eagles entire offense; I can't believe he's done so well in Philly with the crap they put around him year after year. The one year that they give him a legit weapon--TO--they almost win the Super Bowl.

If we're going down this road, I'd rather trade for Vick. I'd think he'd cost less than McNabb.

He was a 52% passer 4 years ago when he was a starter and he has more career picks than TDs and you prefer him why? He's also obviously not the same athlete that he once was either and his stregth was running because he couldn't read a defense to save his life.

you plug the biggest hole of all with McNabb, if even for 2-3 years. that gives time for a guy like Trent or Brohm to actually learn from a pro-bowl QB. this is how great qb's are developed - by sitting behind seasoned vetrans. one of the only guys it didn't work for was Losman. This is how E. manning, Pennington, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Kolb, etc all developed. Going the route of Flacco, Rothelisberger, Ryan is more unpredictable.

a 2nd and 4th for McNabb for 2-3 years with Trent/Brohm behind him or another developing QB. Get a RT or LT in the 1st round and LBs in 3rd and FA. It would hurt us most in not getting a DT or DE which we could really use. But this at least gives us a QB who can win a game for us, which we have not had since, oh well we all know when...

Deal 2nd and Trent for McNabb

Draft Balugua at 9

Draft best available LB in 3rd

Re-sign RG Richie Incognito

Sign UFA DT Fred Robbins of NYG

Sign UFA OLB Derrick Johnson of KC

I'd be very happy if this was our offseason.

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

first off who is lee hamilton. secondly how is he right about bates,have we hired him do you know somethink none of us know?

Deal 2nd and Trent for McNabb

Draft Balugua at 9

Draft best available LB in 3rd

Re-sign RG Richie Incognito

Sign UFA DT Fred Robbins of NYG

Sign UFA OLB Derrick Johnson of KC

I'd be very happy if this was our offseason.

I like that. Given the 9 picks (*7-8 left if the use them in trade) the Bills get in the draft they could package some to move around if a prospect is available they must have.

Don't know about that. He basically is the Eagles entire offense; I can't believe he's done so well in Philly with the crap they put around him year after year. The one year that they give him a legit weapon--TO--they almost win the Super Bowl.

In the past I would agree with you, but Desean Jackson and Brent Celek are two of the best at their positions and Macklin had a solid rookie year as well. Either way, I'd love to have him here. He's only 33 and the way QB's are protected nowadays, he might have another 3-4 years left.

He was a 52% passer 4 years ago when he was a starter and he has more career picks than TDs and you prefer him why? He's also obviously not the same athlete that he once was either and his stregth was running because he couldn't read a defense to save his life.

WTF dude, at least TRY to fact check.

McNabb has 216 career TD passes and 100 career INTs...also he was a 57% passer 4 years ago.

Don't try to bring up logic to Vick fans, all they see is that Madden cover and that time he won in Lambeau. He throws a lot of picks, is prone to fumbling, has a QB rating of 76, and really only one winning season. There's nothing there. Plus, you know, the whole scumbag issue.

I would love to see McNabb here. He's an energetic and dynamic player, has been frequently brilliant/terminally unappreciated in Philly, and is known to be a mentor/leader. We get a new guy behind him to learn the ropes and spend the rest of our energy on fixing the O line and suddenly there's a little hope for the future.

For the love of god.... please NO McNabb... I will never hear then end of it when I go to the our Philadelphia office. Everyone at the office wants to get rid of him... they will be glad to take a stapler for him or a roll of tape...

He's also been throwing to dreck WR's for most of his career. The year he had TO they seemed to do OK!

The guy has never had a legitimate RB or WR corp. He's carried that team.

I'm not fond of either. However, I don't want to give up a 2nd for McNabb. I think Reid made him. I don't care where he ends up, his best days are behind and remove him from that offense and I'll show you a completion percentage drop like an anvil.

Inaccurate as hell.

That being said, the difference between the two isn't much, IMO.

He's also been throwing to dreck WR's for most of his career. The year he had TO they seemed to do OK!

The guy has never had a legitimate RB or WR corp. He's carried that team.

Again, I was obvioulsy talking about Vick. I'd love to see McNabb wearing #5 Bills jersey. Plus, that would mean Trent is gone!!

first off who is lee hamilton. secondly how is he right about bates,have we hired him do you know somethink none of us know?

Lee Hamilton is a sports talk show host in San Diego.

Secondly, Adam Shefter reported the same thing Hamilton did in that the Bills did in fact interview Jim Bates. Just because the Bills interviewed Bates doesn't mean he's going to be hired.

Thirdly, I know as much as you, and I don't come across like the guy from East Aurora.