Is Pees our New DC?

Great analysis. Not.

Look at all the players lost on their defense first. That tells the srtory.

I agree. You think Belichek is going to hire someone to run HIS defense that he's not totally comfortable with? The Patsys defense needs to be re-tooled, and I'll bet if Belichek had it to do over again, Seymour would not have been shipped out.

This would be a bad hire, folks.

The difference between the "Dynasty" Pats* and the fallen Pats* of late?

No more videotaping and HGH? :beer:

The Patriots lost the Giants SB because their offense couldn't score more than 14 points. And the last few years have seen the loss/erosion of talent.

It would be fitting for Pees to land in the toilet of the NFL where other coaches careers have gone down the drain.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...explains_d.html

It didn't seem like he was in any hurry to jump into another job, but it wouldn't be the first time a coach has said they weren't leaving for another job and then did anyways.

Though some speculation exists linking Pees to the defensive coordinator position in Buffalo, it's our understanding that the team that has hired Pees has not yet broken the news to the person who currently holds the job. Since Buffalo doesn't have a defensive coordinator, that would presumably remove them from the mix.

So, back to Jim Bates and Chancy Glanderpest?

One poster said that the Patriots defense has not been stellar over the last few years and that it was their defense that has led to their demise. While I don't claim to be an expert I'll try to give my opinion based on what I've read/heard. As I remember the Patriots Defense didn't LOSE the Super Bowl against the Giants, but that the Giants Defense WON the Super Bowl for them and of course a magical catch by Tyree....let's not forget the Pats only gave up 17 points and this last year they were 8th (I think) in the league in fewest points allowed, and that was after Vrabel and Seymour were ousted from New England...as for previous Defenses, he was the D Coordinator beginning in 2006 and the linebackers coach for two years before that, all in all, given his expertise with the 3-4 Defense and being under the guidance and direction of Belllicheck, I believe this would be a solid hire....not the second coming of Dick LeBeau, but I believe would lead to eventually being a great hire and a very good chance of getting Buffalo's Defense into the top 10........so long as Nix and company are committed to drafting smart and spending Free Agency money in the right places....but hey, we'll see...

Wow, incredible how quickly we shift to a "players-make the coach" board. (EDIT) While simultaneously ignoring how Pees might have been benefited from the personel on BOTH sides of the ball for NE as opposed to what he'd be handed in Buffalo.

Don't take my word for it, talk to any number of Pats fans.