Anyone else EMBARRASSED by the new GM?

Thurman8125

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

Looks are everything.

BTW, how many coaches have the Bills had?

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

I think, unlike some, I'm going to give them both the benefit of the doubt and see what they do before I start making unwarranted and baseless accusations.

How about that?

Thurman8125

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think your the bumbling fool.

Looks are everything.

BTW, how many coaches have the Bills had?

Gailey is the 15th. Out of that whole bunch, only four have winning records: Saban, Knox, Levy and Phillips. And while the Bills are on their 15th head coach, the Steelers are on their 4th (I'm pretty sure) over the same time period.

So, I guess style matters to you more than substance. That's fine for you, but I don't agree.

We are 0-0 with Buddy at the helm. I'll get back to you in a few years.

So, I guess style matters to you more than substance. That's fine for you, but I don't agree.

We are 0-0 with Buddy at the helm. I'll get back to you in a few years.

Go ahead and jump on me. But you really think he was the best the Bills could do?? And I never said anything about his appearance either.

I read a quote on these boards that I think is appropriate:

"Buddy Nix has forgotten more about football then most GM's know"

Like the guy, a lot. One of the top 5 talent evaluators in the league, tell me

that can't be helpful. Just look at our last draft.

Give the guy a break, and with Gailey also.

I've never heard of a GM having to know how many coaches preceeded his latest hire. Do you prefer a guy who knows football or would you rather have a team historian who can tell you all the about the team's history & can't tell a 1st round talent from an undraftable free agent?

Why are you the only one who thinks he came off as a goofball? It's not Buddy, it's you.

Gailey is the 15th. Out of that whole bunch, only four have winning records: Saban, Knox, Levy and Phillips. And while the Bills are on their 15th head coach, the Steelers are on their 4th (I'm pretty sure) over the same time period.

It's not 15, but it all depends on how you do the count. You can count as few as 16 counting Gailey, 17 if you add Pitts when Marv was out with prostate cancer, 19 if you count the two terms each of Saban & Johnson separately.

Different men as Bills coaches:

1) Ramsey

2) Saban (twice)

3) Collier

4) Johnson (twice)

5) Rauch

6) Ringo

7) Knox

8) Stephenson

8) Bullough

10) Levy

11)Pitts

12) Phillips

13) Williams

14) Mularkey

15) Jauron

16) Fewell

17) Gailey

By the way, the Steelers have had 6, not 4 since 1960: Parker, Nixon, Austin, Noll, Cowher, Tomlin.

Im glad that you think he is one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the league, that should make us all sleep better.

The Bills took Maybin at #11 so I don't care what you think of picks 2-7. Other than Byrd, everyone played like a rookie. Except for Maybin, he payed like he was in high school.

I read a quote on these boards that I think is appropriate:

"Buddy Nix has forgotten more about football then most GM's know"

Give the guy a break, and with Gailey also.

I'm not totally thrilled with Nix and Gailey. But I'm so jaded anymore on the Bills now that I'm willing to give them a chance. Hell, they can't be worse than we've had lately right? Especially if some good football prople continue to get involved. Maybe Reeves, etc. Assistant coaches are huge.

But it's posts like this that make me want to smash my head through brick walls or even swallow pieces of broken glass.

So, now Buddy Nix is a TOP FIVE talent evaluator in the league huh? I named five better in a matter of 10 seconds without even thinking about it. Polian, Smith, Parcells, Newsome and Pioli by the way. As bad as it is when people totally discredit the new shaping of the Bills front office (with plenty of good reason), it's posts like this that can much more easily stir up the pot.

So, Nix is a top five guy in the league, yet he's never been anything more than a scout for the most part? Yeah ok. :thumbsup:

I've never heard of a GM having to know how many coaches preceeded his latest hire. Do you prefer a guy who knows football or would you rather have a team historian who can tell you all the about the team's history & can't tell a 1st round talent from an undraftable free agent?

Why are you the only one who thinks he came off as a goofball? It's not Buddy, it's you.

[/quote

Well said.

Why don't you read some facts about your "70 year old goofball.":

Nix left Buffalo with John Butler and A. J. Smith after the 2000 season. He was initially the Director of Pro Player Personnel (2000-2001), but after Butler died, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager.

Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team. In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl. In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl. In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl. In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl.

Nix is considered by some to be one of the top five talent evaluators in the NFL. The Chargers won four out of the last five AFC West titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts.

In truth, after the last 10 years of garbage, hiring Buddy Nix was quite atypical of Ralph Wilson!