Anyone else EMBARRASSED by the new GM?

Thurman8125

I have a question......

What is it with the new posters with like a 5 or 6 post count coming on here talking trash......

I am not big into the number of posts a person has.....but there seems to be so much of this nowadays......were you just lurking in the background and decided to start posting? Are you just new to the wall?

OR

Are you just a damn internet troll with nothing better then do then this?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

No. I'm not embarrassed that he didn't know that Chan Gailey is the 15th Head Coach of the Bills. Is that little fact very important? I think not. If you focus on what he says about football he comes across as rather straight forward and a guy who has been around football quite some time. In his first press conference after being announced GM, he stated that he was looking for a HC who had been a HC before and had experience running an offense. Chan Gailey fits that description. You may not like Gailey as his choice but the guy didn't BS us during his press conference. How about giving the guy a break or find something of real substance to gripe about?

I like him. He seems down to earth, honest and isn't afraid to speak his mind. His personality reminds me of Polian.

The NFL is full of too many stuffed shirts these days who like to give canned PC answers. They may be "progressive" but there are also boring and phony. Nix is refreshing.

I have no idea how well he'll draft but right now, I am a fan of the man.

I agree, I am ready to give him a chance. Definately better than what we had.

Oh really? Did you watch Wood play this year? He was the best lineman on the field, a freak. Even Levitre, both show tons of potential as does Nelson. I'd say this is a much better draft than we've had in years.

I thought the draft was solid though I would not label anyone a freak. Wood was solid he has the potential to be a good guard but I think he will a better center potentially a pro bowler at the position. Levitre is a good utility man but he was often dominated. He should get better needs to be stronger but he has good feet and balance. Nelson will be better when we get a QB. He has the most receiving potential for a TE that we have had in while. It seems like the 1st round picks seems to be the most difficult for us.

I was a little disappointed by the pick. Lets face it Nix and Gailey do not possess the ivy league accents as Levy and Jauron. Lets hope they get better results.

I see a point here. Neither of them was promoted to Head Coach or GM. Here's another point. Just because it doesn't work with one or two individuals doesn't mean it will never work. Give Buddy a chance. If he fails, you can say "I told you so". If he succeeds, at least you won't be the one being told.

Just saying....

I have no problem with giving Buddy a chance. I've already stated that, in this thread even. I just can't stand making making him out to be a legend just because he joined the Bills.

Examples: He's one of the top 5 personnel men in the league. False.

He's responsible for a great draft his first year back in Buffalo, yet, he wasn't responsible for the Maybin pick. False. According to homers, that was obviously Jauron. But Buddy did pick all of the players that succeeded. Apparently, according to the hardcore homers, Jauron showed up, picked the first round guy, and then left. Buddy Nix then leaped across the table, and took over and picked everybody else. I'm not sure if this guy even needs assistants he's so good.

It just gets old. Homers make up such far fetched stuff about him, it's hard not to get worked up. On the other hand, most dont want to give him a chance, to which, at least I can understand, given that we have sucked for the better of 10 years. I'm willing to give him a chance, but I'm skeptical as hell. If Gailey adds one more decent, experienced coach, I'm good. But still skeptical.

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

Embarrassed by a man I've never met? Uh...no.

Yeah, those guys have their names. What matters ultimately, is results. The Dols made the playoffs last year NOT because of their drafting, but because Brady got injured and Pennington fell into their laps. Remove either and they don't make the playoffs, and they didn't make them this year, when expectations were higher. As for KC, the Chefs don't look like they'll be competing anytime soon, and trading-for Cassel, and giving him a huge extension, looks like a huge mistake.

This is total BS. I mean, sorry but it is.

All five guys I listed............their credentials speak for themselves.

My god, Pioli built a dominant offensive and defensive line in NE. I'm sure with the help of staff, but they did great on their lines. We'll see how it holds up without him there. He was the personnel guy. And, he's been in Kansas City, ONE FRIGGIN YEAR. Are you kidding me with that? One year. They were a bigger mess than us, and he's had a year. I'm not even sure he's even been there one calendar year yet, but cmon.

The Dolphins had one win prior to Parcells coming in. He changed the whole organization, and if you can actually be objective about it, the Dolphins had/have a TON of rebuilding to do. They have won, without a QB, and without any WR's. To get even one playoff team outta that talent is amazing. His LT and C pick has been outstanding.

I mean, come on.

I think, unlike some, I'm going to give them both the benefit of the doubt and see what they do before I start making unwarranted and baseless accusations.

How about that?

I dont see why you would do that. I have been doing that for years.

"Whitner over NGata? They must know somethign I dont..."Mike Mularky? They must know somethign I dont..."Marv Levy? Isnt he too old??? "Dick Jauron? He sucked in Chigao, maybe it will be different here... " JP who? They must know something I dont... "McCargo, who is he? They must knwo somethign I dont" "MAYBIN! WTF - How can you pass on Orakpo? They better know somethign I dont..."Chan Gailey? He sucked at GT, maybe it will be different here... "

Buddy at least worked with the Chargers during a very successful time for their franchise. Considering he came in to help with the draft and our class was a very good one (minus the Maybin blunder) is promising. He is the only one I think that deserves the benifit of the doubt.

Parcells is a proven success multiple times.

Pioli needs to prove he can do it without Belichick. he got fleeced by belichick already on the matt cassel deal.

Yeah, because obviously the Chiefs are only a QB away from being competitive again. They have a subpar O-line especially early. One NFL caliber WR who was not only hurt some of the year, but then was suspended under the substance abuse policy. And a defense that is dreadful.

At least toward the end, when Bowe came back, they started to improve. Especially in the run game. They are already starting to improve.

Maybe Belicheck will end up needing to prove he can do it without Pioli's players. They are, after all, starting to get a little long in the tooth, and didn't look so hot late this year. We'll see. I think the Chiefs will start to improve quickly, and soon.

he could stammer as bad as reggie corner, idon't give an F about appearence. this aint a beauty contest. these guys talk football seriously, live it and breath it. they both have track records of success. and frankly, 2 guys from SEC country, the heart of hte best players in America, says a lot to me. i love it. plus buddy is freaking hilarious

I agree. We have a 70 year old career high school coach as the gm of a team with a new spent-last-year-out-of-football southern-drawl hick jesus freak coach.

And you wonder why national press and everyone in the league is laughing.

I am a Bills fan but it is very disconcerting that this is the package they think can bring the Bills back into contention.

Next, Tim Tebow, prime candidate for a post-natal abortion as an NFL player.

Well living here in Charlotte NC, I was a little embarrassed because I caught a lot of junk from the guys at work. Not necessarily because of Nix but the hire was a bit stunning and we got killed on the local radio here, so there were a few days where I wanted to bury my head in the ground.

But personally after the initial shock, I am warming up to the Gailey hiring.

It's like this guys/gals. Our team and organization is getting laughed at from outside people. But the great thing about us is our resolve, its our ability to look forward and be positive. I know that even some of our own brethren (the negative ones) join the outsiders in laughing at us, and wanting us to feel some sort of embarrassment. But the truth of the matter is they are jealous of us. They can't understand how a group of people could still love a team after all we've been through. These idiots around here want John Fox gone, but that's because they don't know what its like to have a bad coach. They don't know what it means to me. A Buffalo Bills fan. A fan that thinks Gailey is going to make us better, and that I'm holding on to hope that one day I will utter the words " I told you I was right for being positive about this team." One day I will be right. And the joy I will experience won't be shared by people like this poster, because they won't appreciate it as much because they were embarrassed by our GM.

This is total BS. I mean, sorry but it is.

All five guys I listed............their credentials speak for themselves.

My god, Pioli built a dominant offensive and defensive line in NE. I'm sure with the help of staff, but they did great on their lines. We'll see how it holds up without him there. He was the personnel guy. And, he's been in Kansas City, ONE FRIGGIN YEAR. Are you kidding me with that? One year. They were a bigger mess than us, and he's had a year. I'm not even sure he's even been there one calendar year yet, but cmon.

The Dolphins had one win prior to Parcells coming in. He changed the whole organization, and if you can actually be objective about it, the Dolphins had/have a TON of rebuilding to do. They have won, without a QB, and without any WR's. To get even one playoff team outta that talent is amazing. His LT and C pick has been outstanding.

I mean, come on.

For starters, I didn't talk about the other 3 guys, just Parcells and Pioli. Again, Pioli needs to prove he can do it without Belichick. And the Dols making the playoffs last year and then regressing badly this year doesn't qualify Parcells as a "top 5" GM. What if/when they fail to make the playoffs again next year? What if Pioli can't make the Chefs into a latter-day Patriots? Can they skate by on rep, like TD did for several years?

Yeah, because obviously the Chiefs are only a QB away from being competitive again. They have a subpar O-line especially early. One NFL caliber WR who was not only hurt some of the year, but then was suspended under the substance abuse policy. And a defense that is dreadful.

At least toward the end, when Bowe came back, they started to improve. Especially in the run game. They are already starting to improve.

Maybe Belicheck will end up needing to prove he can do it without Pioli's players. They are, after all, starting to get a little long in the tooth, and didn't look so hot late this year. We'll see. I think the Chiefs will start to improve quickly, and soon.

belichick has three 2nd round picks in 2010, a year that is very deep with all the underclassman coming out......and he has two 1st round picks in 2011 (raiders for Seymour that will probably be a top 10 pick).

the bills will get to the playoffs BEFORE the chiefs do.

For starters, I didn't talk about the other 3 guys, just Parcells and Pioli. Again, Pioli needs to prove he can do it without Belichick. And the Dols making the playoffs last year and then regressing badly this year doesn't qualify Parcells as a "top 5" GM. What if/when they fail to make the playoffs again next year? What if Pioli can't make the Chefs into a latter-day Patriots?

Regressing badly? Seriously? They lost Pennington, and had to go with Henne. Even so, they played competitive football, and got themselves back into the race. Again, the Dolphins were friggin 1-15 two years ago. I mean really, they were 1-15. Got rid of everyone, and are either making the playoffs WHILE rebuilding, or coming close to the playoffs, and being competitive against the best teams in the league, WHILE rebuilding and staying in contention late in the year.

Pioli. Again, he's been there a year. One year. They already have two coordinators that won Superbowls on their staff. Two former head coaches that are coordinators. They already have a QB on their roster that has made the playoffs. They have a running game already. Chances are, Pioli will have this team's roster looking good very soon. Total housecleaning with all proven coaches and personell men. How anyone can even think of putting Buddy Nix, scout, over someone in charge of personnel in NE, is beyond comprehension.

The Pats had their worst team in years this year. This is the first time they regressed in a while. Even with Cassel, they got better each week. They got worse last year. So, maybe, we'll see how Belicheck does without Pioli. But the funny part is, according to Bills fans, Buddy Nix is the second coming of god, yet, when Belicheck lost Pioli, he went out and got Floyd Reese to help him out.

Does that now mean that there are now six ahead of Nix?

belichick has three 2nd round picks in 2010, a year that is very deep with all the underclassman coming out......and he has two 1st round picks in 2011 (raiders for Seymour that will probably be a top 10 pick).

the bills will get to the playoffs BEFORE the chiefs do.

I hope so, because it's pretty big of you to have that much confidence when the Bills haven't gotten to the playoffs before ANYONE except for the Lions the last ten years. Oh, and the Texans. Oh boy.

Regressing badly? Seriously? They lost Pennington, and had to go with Henne. Even so, they played competitive football, and got themselves back into the race. Again, the Dolphins were friggin 1-15 two years ago. I mean really, they were 1-15. Got rid of everyone, and are either making the playoffs WHILE rebuilding, or coming close to the playoffs, and being competitive against the best teams in the league, WHILE rebuilding and staying in contention late in the year.

Pioli. Again, he's been there a year. One year. They already have two coordinators that won Superbowls on their staff. Two former head coaches that are coordinators. They already have a QB on their roster that has made the playoffs. They have a running game already. Chances are, Pioli will have this team's roster looking good very soon. Total housecleaning with all proven coaches and personell men. How anyone can even think of putting Buddy Nix, scout, over someone in charge of personnel in NE, is beyond comprehension.

The Pats had their worst team in years this year. This is the first time they regressed in a while. Even with Cassel, they got better each week. They got worse last year. So, maybe, we'll see how Belicheck does without Pioli. But the funny part is, according to Bills fans, Buddy Nix is the second coming of god, yet, when Belicheck lost Pioli, he went out and got Floyd Reese to help him out.

SCOTT PIOLI without belechick........let's talk about Pioli's first draft last year for K.C........it SUCKED !!...GRADE "F"

they reached in the first round picking Tyson Jackson third overall.....and he is a BUST !!.....the rest of his draft stunk too....not one starter cracked the lineup on a garbage team. you have no idea what Pioli contributed to New England. Buddy Nix will run circles around your Pioli. If you wanna trash New England for falling off lately, then certainly Pioli's lack of keeping the pipeline loaded comes into question.

KC- Jackson (bust)

Bills- Maybin (bust), Wood (stud), Byrd (Pro Bowl) , Levitre (Starter) & Nelson (starter).

Regarding the Dols, as Parcells likes to say, "you are what your record says you are." They were a 7-9 team this year. And again they lucked into the playoffs last year when Brady got hurt. How that equates to a "top 5 GM" is anyone's guess. And true, maybe Belichick needs to prove he can do it without Pioli. Maybe they are an example of synergy, while alone they're not as brilliant? I guess we'll see.

And I wasn't trying to say that Nix is the X best GM in the NFL. But his track record in SD speaks for itself.